It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Finally Admit Cancer is Contagious ---

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
is fox trying to start a war on cancer patients?
alienating them from society?

Nah, it's just a psyop for a new vaccine they're going to bring out.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I feel bad for the OP, they must have contracted a lot of stuff to be worried about cancer...

Four main infections account for 1.9 million of these types of cancer cases, including human papillomaviruses (HPV), Helicobacter pylori, and hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C viruses (HCV).

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
Using Fox News. Hmmmmm

no.

its on other sites too.

and it was done by the french.

we know the american people hate the french because they won't go to war whenever we want and they don't say "how high"? when americans say "jump" but cancer knows no boundaries....

ok?

now look:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
“In principle, the best form of prevention for infection-associated cancer is vaccination, and there has been enormous progress in this area with the development of a vaccine against human papillomavirus (HPV).”

So, is somebody going to get rich?... or richer?

I don't know... it just seems really rather opportunistic to me. I could be wrong, but it's hard to not be cynical in this profiteering world of big business and comerce before people.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Am I missing a link that actually backs up your claim? Where did it say cancer is contagious?

It doesn't, because it isn't. It's a failure of logic. Viruses and parasites may be contagious, and they may cause cancer, but the cancer itself is not contagious. And many people may catch the same virus and only 1 get cancer. OP simply can't interpret the evidence.

Edit: I alerted mods to the thread, OP should use the article title as his headline.
edit on 12-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

We have known this about HPV and other things for decades. HPV is transmitted sexually and can cause ovarian cancer. Never really been a secret. As an above poster pointed out though it is not the cancer itself that is contagious but the thing that causes the cancer that is contagious. I do think in the last few years they have been blowing HPV up, I would say that most adults have it in some form or another. Since they came up with a vaccine they can make money with though it has become a new bogeyman.
edit on 12-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I devoted a thread to this. Lies, Sensationalism, and Exaggerations. The policy of this website (using exact headlines) only makes it worse.

If you feel inclined, please check it out. I notice this all the time, and it's a huge problem. If it isn't contained, it makes the really decent topics hard to find, if not impossible, because they are buried amongst all the "!!!" provocative junk.

Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I agree, other than the policy of using the exact headline.

This is the exact headline.
"1 in 6 cancers worldwide caused by infections that can be prevented or treated"

This is OP headline.
"Scientists Finally Admit Cancer is Contagious"

One of these is factually accurate, one is sheer stupidity topped with sensationalism.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
LOL wow fox news certainly likes be misleading.

Cancer IS caused by genetics.

For those unfamiliar, cancer is controlled by gene expression. A person can have a cancerous gene encoded within their genome, that is not expressed. Certain triggers, such as exposure to certain chemicals, and radiation, can "turn on the switch" for these genes. These genes, which reside in the DNA, then get translated into mRNA. The mRNA then leaves the nuclear membrane of its cell, and binds to the endoplasmic reticulum where it transcribes the code synthesizes actual proteins. These proteins are the building blocks of the cancerous tissues.

Another example of gene expression, that most of us have experienced, is the need to urinate frequently when drinking alcohol. Alcohol suppresses the production of Aquaporins, which are proteins that reside on the cell membrane responsible for re-uptake of fluids. Aquaporins on the cell membrane are constantly recycled, so when the production of them is suppressed, they dwindle in numbers, and our body fails to retain fluids.

Diseases don't cause the cancer, but they trigger the expression of cancerous genes. Cancer itself is not contagious.

What we should really be worried about is the day when everybody is required to have a genome mapping done, and thus future diseases and complications can be accurately predicted. Imagine what insurance companies would do with that kind of information....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Using the exact headline would work better for this case here. Actually, though, it's more of a problem because people usually are attracted to sensationalist junk headlines that capture their attention, then they post the story and use that exact headline. I haven't counted, but I would easily bet that it's more of the problem to use the exact headline because those external sites are just like the people who post here: they want clicks (ad money). People here want attention for their threads. Stars, flags. It's a recipe for corruption.

If we're all here for information purposes and not to become an "ats star," then maybe we should make the threads anonymous and not credit the people who post. That would put an end to the "I found it. Give me credit" junk. Let the flags count toward the thread as a rating system for what is considered popular, but don't give credit to the individual, because that corrupts the individual and people will post anything that gets flags.

The ideas and information should be held above the person authoring or bringing it to the table. That is my opinion. In the spirit of that, people should be willing to give the good things they find without asking for anything in return other than knowing they are submitting something for the greater good.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I agree, other than the policy of using the exact headline.

This is the exact headline.
"1 in 6 cancers worldwide caused by infections that can be prevented or treated"

This is OP headline.
"Scientists Finally Admit Cancer is Contagious"

One of these is factually accurate, one is sheer stupidity topped with sensationalism.

cancer is contagious.i have already proved it above.you have not read my logic.

disease is transmissible as caused by pathogens which are largely infectious.cancer is caused by pathogens.

hence cancer is contagious.

i fear you are one of the evil establishment types trying to prevent a panic and keep control of the sheeple.

what will you do when you PERSONALLY get cancer?
get chemo?...because everyone i know who got chemo died a slow and horrible death.

since you are a corporate w.... maybe you deserve chemo.

or do you think because you are in a position of power with your corporate cronies and a have fat bank balance you are magically immune?

STEVE JOBS WAS RICH AND FAMOUS.

remember steve jobs.

he had $9 000 000 000 in the bank and he is still dead dead dead.

9 BILLION IN THE BANK AND STILL DEAD FROM CANCER.

he must be the richest man in the cemetery.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Here is where your logic fails, a person with cancer may be cured of the pathogen long before any cancer develops, they are not contagious.

The cancer itself can not be transferred to another individual.

Passing the pathogen on to another individual does not mean they will get cancer even if you do.

I already showed your logic to be in error. You lose.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I agree, and the headlines may not even be factually accurate either. It's the lesser of two evils though at least, usually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join