It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Spotted Outside Muncie, IN At 207am EST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Are there any fellow hoosiers here? About 2:07am I was looking outside of my window which points to the South and spotted a fireball (in every sense of the word) falling towards the south at a very fast rate. At first I didn't know what to think about it but as I watched it I soon realized it had to either be a meteor or a plane that was on fire and descending at a very rapid pace.

Has anyone in the nearby area spotted something similar? I've never actually seen a fireball in the sky. I've seen shooting stars so I know it wasn't that. I'm curious if I should call it in to the local police department or not. I didn't hear an impact at all so I have no idea exactly where it fell. Sorry for lack of images but I didn't exactly have time to get my phone out and take pictures.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Yes. call it in.

2nd line.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
april fireballs are over,

im guessin we're gonna be noticin alot of meteor showers/ shootin stars this late spring summer n fall!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No, don't call it in. Go and investigate where it landed, snap some pictures and bring that bad boy home and sell it on EBAY.

I got first dibs.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I saw one tonight roughly same time to. But I'm in Vegas and saw it going north. It was greenish in hue.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm originally from muncie (moved to Winchester) and still work in Muncie. Small world! I haven't heard anything from co-workers today. Is anything being reported on the locals, 6,8 or 13?

I will say that I am a sky gazer and I have seen some pretty crazy stuff at dusk and shortly after! Not far from Dayton if you know I'm saying!
edit on 9-5-2012 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join