It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Exactly right and just because someone has an attitude towards a police officer, it doesnt give them the right to beat him to death whilst tasing him..

I felt sick after the video... and angry

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I seriously hope those pieces of dog excrement get convicted and thrown into general pop. and someone finds out what they did to get in there, After watching the video, thats exactly what they deserve, and EVERYTHING that would come with it. Death for them would be better than that.

The damned cop hit him while he was seated. What would any of you do if anyone tried to hit you while you were seated? Just sit there and wait for the next one?
edit on 9-5-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

shameful..

absolutely shameful..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Because the man was mentally ill and didn't even know what was going on. Try reading, it's even in the title of the article...... And the man did put his feet out like he was told. Did you like turn it off after 5 seconds?

Everyone thank you for flagging this and please continue to do so. This is something everyone should see, as well as sign the petition at the bottom of the article.

ACAB
edit on 9-5-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't agree with what happened in the video, I think that excessive force was used as there were way too many police officers trying to subject that ONE shirtless man. It is a complete tragedy that the man was pleading for help yet continued to resist arrest, perhaps out of panic or being mentally ill. It's terrible that this man died and I totally agree that the cop's involved used poor judgement.

On the other hand, I have a couple of close friends who are police officers and you should hear the stories they tell me. The dangerous people they encounter many times need to be forced to comply because no cop wants to get stabbed, shot, or get his teeth kicked in.

I understand force needed to be used I just think it was tragically excessive.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

www.pixiq.com

The city surveillance video that showed a group of Fullerton police officers beating a homeless mentally ill man to death last year was finally released today, laying to rest any argument that Kelly Thomas was a threat to officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Get these officers names

Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth ... Life for a Life.

edit on 9/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People like XXX777 will have the stick out of their asses only when the crap start happening to them. After reading his posts, I'm almost at the point of wishing him to experience something similar.

Dear X, what would you say if your kid was subjected to an interrogation by an officer who simply didn't like his 'type' and pushed him to the edge of running away? Will he deserve death by beating? Would you love to go online and read stupid people's posts about how he should be 'eliminated' or how the officers were right in beating him to death only because he was slightly out of order?

How many people are slightly out of order daily? Are they all subjected to this kind of treatment? No, this is an extreme case in which nothing can be said or done to justify what the officers did.

And in general, your point on eliminating anyone who is an outcast or a misfit is absolutely ridiculous. Are you Mr.Perfect? Do you think you would not be considered an outcast in some communities/societies? Will you take your beating with pleasure once you become one?
Seriously what is UP with that kind of sh!tty, illogical and overly idiotic way of thinking? I really do hope you're trolling and we all got trolled.. It's much better than knowing a grown man is actually saying these things.
edit on 9-5-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

this is one of the reasons cops get killed there was no sence in that just a fat cop trying to exert athority on someone minding there own buisness the cop knew he was going to have an alteration in the confrontation because he put gloves onas soon as he walked up that sh!t wouldnt fly where i live

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

I felt sick after the video... and angry

In China, a young schoolkid was beaten to death by a teacher ... it was called an "accident". The parents, angered came to the school with their dead child in their arms, demanding answers. The school siding with the teacher, called the cops ... hundred cops arrived, wearing batons and gear ... bistanders were there watching, and most felt for the father and mother, and their family. And in the end, the cops were beaten out of there ....

Sounds to me, that there is more heart in China, than there is in the US. In China, they have the heart and soul to put their own bodies in front of tanks, when fighting for what they know is right.

How many people during the "Occupy wallstreet", did take on the cops to help the ones who were being beaten? zero?

Whose country is this, anyway?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Graphic is right.

I truly hope that some group finds these officers unarmed and helpless in a back alley and delivers vigilante justice. If there was ever a time when it was deserved, it's here.

You don't solve violence with more violence
You solve it with exposure
The views you express is the mentality going on in the cops. That does not make you any better than them, it makes you their equal.

I understand the desire for outrage over authority using violence...but you cannot check it by hopeing more violence comes of it. The logic is not there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

And these words, are based on ignorance.

Violence is not the conflict itself, but the emotional eruption the conflict takes, when it cannot be solved otherwise. To abandon the violence, is to abandon the conflict. And to abandon the conflict, is to abandon the cause.

How much freedom have you gained these past years? The patriot act? the homeland security act? Did the New York incident of cops shooting a south african student with 30 bullets, deter these cops from this?

No ... you wanna know why? Because they don't have to suffer any consequences. There is no one, to beat them or to put revenge on their heads, for what they do. If they go to prison, they go to a prison specially assigned for cops ... where they get royal treatment, and aren't treated as criminals.

And that is all because of people like you ... violence solved WWI, and WWII. Violence is being used to murder people in Afghanistan. It's being used, to murder people in Iraq, Syria, Lybia ... Violence is being used, to rape people in Abu Grahib.

Has your non-violent attitude, saved the people in Abu Grahib? Has it helped in letting fewer children being born malformed in Iraq? Are there fewer Camel Ridin N... being shot while walking with their donkeys in the desert of Afghanistan, as a result of your non-violent attitude?

No, only violence can end violence ...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This video is even worse than the notorious '3 guys and a hammer' video and that video made me cringe because it made me think of my father being in the same situation.
This Thomas Kelly scene has more than three people involved in the killing and there is more than one weapon being used. Although the poor guy couldn't help it when he was shouting for his dad, i just cant imagine how my father would feel if he saw me being killed just like that. It's totally messed up.

This entire thing is about a lot more than Kelly Thomas

In the UK we have days where people are going crazy in the streets with machete's and the cop's manage to arrest them without causing any damage. Here is an example. www.youtube.com...

I didn't embed the video cause i cant be bothered to risk doing it wrong for the first time. Anyway Damn the American Cops your justice team needs sorting the **** out, It's just plain wrong

edit on 9-5-2012 by Parksie because: typ

edit on 9-5-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Poor man.

Those cops are animals.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Are you serious? He wasn't resisting he physically couldn't move due to the position they had him in and couldn't create cause he was being choked out with a nightstick while getting tased. It didn't matter what he did.

Also the fact that before the cop gives him any orders or gives any reasoning why he's doing what he's doing w clearly says "see these fists, theyre about to # you up". There is no excuse for a cop to say tha to anyone at anytime.

Anyone trying to defend these cops in anyway really needs to reevaluate their entire lives.

Edit: also cool to see that this thread made twitter.maybe it'll make the next recap!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They're giving themselves away by their comments, its so transparent.

No, this is not normal police standards for dealing with those unfortunate, abused mentally ill, forced by those following demons, leaders, to live on the streets, or even any non disabled person resisting arrest in a harmless, unarmed fashion.

Edit to add:

Its not legal policy, and certainly not followed by normal police, but I do believe this is a black op trained policy, because once you stop services to people, homeless cost far more money than housing and services, so this is probably why they do it.

In my post here I give a few links to studies done.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by SaturnFX

And these words, are based on ignorance.

According to you anyhow.

Violence is not the conflict itself, but the emotional eruption the conflict takes, when it cannot be solved otherwise. To abandon the violence, is to abandon the conflict. And to abandon the conflict, is to abandon the cause.

The issue is you only see violence as the solution
There are dozens of steps before that in the first place, but you deem none of them fitting.
prison, therapy, anger managment, etc...nope, for you its straight from problem to violent resolution.

aka, same exact thing the first cop has an issue with.
Your attitude shows the exact same traits of the cop..the only difference is details
He wanted to justify his brutality through power (of the badge)
You want to justify your brutality through power (of the courts maybe)
Sentence him and you sentence yourself..your looking in the mirror when you see him, and you don't like it.

How much freedom have you gained these past years? The patriot act? the homeland security act? Did the New York incident of cops shooting a south african student with 30 bullets, deter these cops from this?

What are you going on about? If this was permissable, then this would not be a story. The cop was very much in the wrong, therefore it was filmed, became a lawsuit, etc...this isn't an act. There is no beat the crap out of homeless people legislation we are dealing with.
If some thug beats me up, I do not blame society for legalizing beatings...because thats false. Lets deal in reality.
You will never deter all forms of violence..its in our primitive nature, and bad people will always be around. Some will check it until they got a badge, some will simply be a regular joe at a bar ready to destroy someone...and some will be on the internet, watching videos, and wanting to beat cops up in some alley

No ... you wanna know why? Because they don't have to suffer any consequences. There is no one, to beat them or to put revenge on their heads, for what they do. If they go to prison, they go to a prison specially assigned for cops ... where they get royal treatment, and aren't treated as criminals.

Consequences...actually, the cop in question seems to be suffering some consequences.

Ramos is being charged with second degree murder and faces up to 15 years in prison. Cicinelli is being charged with involuntary manslaughter and faces up to four years in prison.

When given the option, anyone would take a beatdown verses up to 15 years in prison. You don't think thats a consequence?
Not just that, you don't think the cops family will also suffer for what he did, with no more pay coming in, someones son/husband/father going away for a long, long time because they couldn't control their rage, etc.

And that is all because of people like you ... violence solved WWI, and WWII. Violence is being used to murder people in Afghanistan. It's being used, to murder people in Iraq, Syria, Lybia ... Violence is being used, to rape people in Abu Grahib.

You realize you contradicted yourself in that paragraph.
Violence solves stuff! look at the wars! see, its great, its horrible, it solved war, it created war.
cognative dissidence
People like me are saying, lets spend time resolving the issues appropriately verses simply bash the things we get mad at.

I have no clue if you are pro, or anti war with your last paragraph..and neither do you it seems

Has your non-violent attitude, saved the people in Abu Grahib? Has it helped in letting fewer children being born malformed in Iraq? Are there fewer Camel Ridin N... being shot while walking with their donkeys in the desert of Afghanistan, as a result of your non-violent attitude?

will let you know once its given a shot.
For now, violence seems the default reaction to solve all things.
and you see how well the solution works, with what you just listed.

No, only violence can end violence ...

You have done like 5 360's in this paragraph. You really should sit down and sort out how you feel about this...note how you keep arguing for and against something at the same time, and try to bridge the crazy a bit.

Take raw emotion out and start thinking would be my suggestion.
edit on 9-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i have seen everything but this one was a unnecessary experiance...i am shaking right now...nazi germany in hd...
edit on 9-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wow i wish i did not see that, what kind of world do we live in?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parksie
In the UK we have days where people are going crazy in the streets with machete's and the cop's manage to arrest them without causing any damage. Here is an example. www.youtube.com...

I didn't embed the video cause i cant be bothered to risk doing it wrong for the first time. Anyway Damn the American Cops your justice team needs sorting the **** out, It's just plain wrong

edit on 9-5-2012 by Parksie because: typ

edit on 9-5-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

Great post man!

Thought the contrast between the cool professionalism of the unarmed UK police and the fascist brutality of the gun toting cowboys over in the US was worth some emphasis, so I've embedded it for you:

This guy was genuinely dangerous yet he lived to see his day in court!

PS - I reckon the copper at the end of the vid may be puking 'cos he just faced down a nutter with a machete, not cos he got maced.....Can you imagine the adrenaline pumping through him after dealing with that (and yet he still didn't need to kill anyone)?
edit on 9-5-2012 by squarehead666 because: S&P + Adittional Comment

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Beat me to it, was disturbed by the topic and disgusted by XXX777's lack of empathy. This is not how you want anyone to be treated.

reply to post by XXX777

To say that he deserved it for noncompliance, would you not be flailing if you were being starved of oxygen and feeling your life ebb away? How would you feel if that was your son and he was shouting for you? Pro police brutality? You reap what you sow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join