'Alien Abduction' Research Suggests Episodes Are Actually Lucid Dreams

page: 1
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
'Alien Abduction' Research Suggests Episodes Are Actually Lucid Dreams

Why is this part of the UFO phenomenon taken so seriously when it has the least evidence?

People say there are thousands if not millions of people who believe they have been abducted..so it must be true...well there are thousands if not millions of people out there who believe they are Abe Lincoln, Napoleon or some other historical figure does that also make it possible?

I believe the answer to the alien abduction experience lies within the mind. It is either mental illness, lucid dreams, a type of sleep paralysis or simply made up. The fact that there is zero evidence helps my belief. Please do not supply links to the foot doctor and his supposed implants...the ones he supposedly had examined yet has failed to supply the papers, the researchers names or the labs where they were examined... as proof because it isn't. Personal stories that cannot be verified also do not count as proof. hypnosis, lie detectors do not count as proof.


When these supposed abductions happen in a city...why does no one else in the city ever report a craft hovering over the house/apartment?

Why do these things have magical powers...you know the ability to go through walls, open people up without leaving a mark..yet when taking samples from peoples legs..they leave scoop marks.

Why does this supposed highly advance race which knows so much about the human body..not do a better job of erasing so called memories..which can be remembered through hypnosis or dreams...you would think they would have realized that such efforts to erase memories would be useless..or would have done a much better job.

Why are scoop marks/implant areas in areas of the body that can be easily attributed to falling?

Why do all the abduction scenarios differ depending on the type of person you are...some have religious attributes if they are religious, people who are more scientific in their belief system have more science based stories and the less intelligent have a more Sci Fi based stories?

So many questions and no answers.
edit on 9-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN




posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I would like to state for the record that it can in no way be a "Lucid Dream". Anyone saying so does not even know the meaning of a Lucid Dream.

A Lucid Dream is a dream where the dreamer knows that he/she is dreaming while within the dream.
So unless the so called abudctee realized that they were dreaming while they were dreaming about the abduction it can't be a lucid dream. But if they did know then they would not claim or report an abduction.

It can be a dream, no doubt about that and I have seen almost no evidence of any abductions. So yes they could be dreams, but not lucid dreams.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Could be spiritual entities. Demons perhaps.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
nope i dont eblieve it. dismissed .just my 2 cents more disinfo and sheepness to make ppl think were dumber..



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis!

It's happened to me and scared the living s$it out of me but that's all it was. It's very scary because you have no control.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
Sleep paralysis!

It's happened to me and scared the living s$it out of me but that's all it was. It's very scary because you have no control.


ive had sleep paralysis once, a year go, and felt i couldn't move, but i could see around the room, and a heavy pressure was on my chest, i couldn't move at all but i tried so hard, i also had a mini hallucination with it where i could hear door slamming and footsteps nearby my room but didn't actually happen. Although my sleep paralysis had nothing do with aliens whatsoever. Damn
edit on 9-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko
 


Thats Funny! Just a Dream?? Really! Aliens have the power of All and can appear and disappear and do anything they want to. We are nothing but pets to them!! Be a good Pet!



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
'Alien Abduction' Research Suggests Episodes Are Actually Lucid Dreams

Why is this part of the UFO phenomenon taken so seriously when it has the least evidence?

People say there are thousands if not millions of people who believe they have been abducted..so it must be true...well there are thousands if not millions of people out there who believe they are Abe Lincoln, Napoleon or some other historical figure does that also make it possible?

I believe the answer to the alien abduction experience lies within the mind. It is either mental illness, lucid dreams, a type of sleep paralysis or simply made up. The fact that there is zero evidence helps my belief. Please do not supply links to the foot doctor and his supposed implants...the ones he supposedly had examined yet has failed to supply the papers, the researchers names or the labs where they were examined... as proof because it isn't. Personal stories that cannot be verified also do not count as proof. hypnosis, lie detectors do not count as proof.


When these supposed abductions happen in a city...why does no one else in the city ever report a craft hovering over the house/apartment?

Why do these things have magical powers...you know the ability to go through walls, open people up without leaving a mark..yet when taking samples from peoples legs..they leave scoop marks.

Why does this supposed highly advance race which knows so much about the human body..not do a better job of erasing so called memories..which can be remembered through hypnosis or dreams...you would think they would have realized that such efforts to erase memories would be useless..or would have done a much better job.

Why are scoop marks/implant areas in areas of the body that can be easily attributed to falling?

Why do all the abduction scenarios differ depending on the type of person you are...some have religious attributes if they are religious, people who are more scientific in their belief system have more science based stories and the less intelligent have a more Sci Fi based stories?

So many questions and no answers.
edit on 9-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN


"I believe the answer to the alien abduction experience lies within the mind."
This is the 'key' to all your questions...

It is well known amongst practitioners of hypnosis that, a 'pliable' subject can be influenced to believe and do most anything (within the parameters of the subjects' mores).
Imagine a scenario where the tech exists to bypass the 'believability' barrier...the next small step includes what is called...implanted memory...
The implanted memory is not a memory of something which occurred necessarily, but, an amended memory that masks what what really occurred...
Human psychology demonstrates that this occurs in a myriad of conditions that have names...
BPD is one of them.

Abduction accounts, like NDE's are notable for their similarity - not their difference...
And, despite physical evidence not being present, the experience is almost the same...

The type of aliens (whatever you wish to call them) that perform the abductions, experimentation and subsequent memory implants, do not operate on a physical level...they operate on a mind level (the form and location of which is still up for heated debate by all and sundry)...and given this paucity of knowledge of our own minds - abduction experiencers are easily relegated to the 'not quite right in the head' department.

"I believe the answer to the alien abduction experience lies within the mind."
This is the truth behind all you have written...

A



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No way are they 'lucid dreams'. Maybe a portion of them are, but not all of them. Dont mean to be a skeptic but i'm just sharing my opinion.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
My mistake I meant vivid dream. For those that don't know the difference....

A vivid dream is so detailed and clear it feels as though it could almost be a memory of something that actually occurred.
A lucid dream is a dream in which the dreamer is aware they are dreaming but continue to dream.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Depending what continent you are from..the alien differs.

Greys are a North American alien...South America will have a more dramatic looking alien..because their culture is very exotic so the alien will tend to be more colorful ie..weird looking...Europe has more blond hair blue eyed aliens...and so on...it all depends on where you live and then your mind will then design your alien for you.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think some cases are OBDS and Lucid dreams for sure



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Not all abductions occur during night time or when someone is sleeping. Daytime abductions and encounters while driving or traveling in a vehicle have also occurred not to mention periods of "missing time" which sometimes occur after a close encounter with a UFO and/or their occupants. It's not just lucid dreaming, or hoaxers or sleep paryalsis, although that may be the case with some of them.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
Not all abductions occur during night time or when someone is sleeping. Daytime abductions and encounters while driving or traveling in a vehicle have also occurred not to mention periods of "missing time" which sometimes occur after a close encounter with a UFO and/or their occupants. It's not just lucid dreaming, or hoaxers or sleep paryalsis, although that may be the case with some of them.


Bunch of doohickey...........



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Depending what continent you are from..the alien differs.

Greys are a North American alien...South America will have a more dramatic looking alien..because their culture is very exotic so the alien will tend to be more colorful ie..weird looking...Europe has more blond hair blue eyed aliens...and so on...it all depends on where you live and then your mind will then design your alien for you.


I think many or all abductions are dreams too, or just fantasies which people build into something they won't back down on. Maybe in the past, a smaller amount of people genuinely were abducted by humans as part of some kind of clandestine research/psyops (there is plenty of evidence of govs doing things like that), then these get turned into alien episodes in people's minds?

I have a question though - the figure on the left here. I think this looks a bit like a 20th century american alien, what do you think?




posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's called a PAID RESEARCH by definition, you know, like the 'research' showing which kind of food is bad, then next week another 'research' showing the same food being actually useful.

Just because something is a 'research' does not mean it is not biased and even manipulated to defend a certain opinion. So while some may be lucid dreams, I doubt this is the case with others.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Lucid dreams don't leave scoop scars



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
.

I'll tell about the lucid dream I had during a 10 mile hike in the back country sometime ..

If you can experience sleep paralysis don't you think the same results can be produced with technology .

The ability to effectively transmit direct voice to skull is about 25 years old now ..

So how hard would it be to paralyze someone ?

Especially for a group that can effectively cloak a craft .

What a Joke

.



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So i take it that the research,findings and conclusions of the late Dr John Mack are to be conveniently ignored by those claiming that ALL abductions are lucid dreams.Mack found that many of the people he interviewed and studied where NOT suffering from lucid dreams,mental health problems or delusions,

All this from a very respected scientific academic and still the debunkers roll out the old chest nut of ,"hey folks look its nothing more than lucid dreams". As the late great Bill Hicks once said,"go back to sleep America everything is ok,go watch American Gladiators on the TV,Thousands of people having more or less the SAME lucid dreams of the "grey" type individual and having more or less the same believable human reactions that come natural when a genuine "UNKNOWN" enters the cosy life style and reality of any human, sorry not buying it, it just does not add up in any scientific understanding of Macks findings and conclusions that a genuine unknown is involved here.

For there to be any final conclusions on abductions Macks work and research and findings have to be included and not ignored, the stakes are far to high for his work to be ignored by those that would have us kept in the dark by what is really going on in the abduction field.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Suggest you read L. A. Marzulli for another perspective.

Possibly not all alien abductions are lucid dreams.

Times and people have gotten too strange for most sensitive people not to notice that something is not quite right with the managing of our planet and her "chief" inhabitants are running it.

see my reply: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been researching this phenomena for about 25-30 years and no, most are not "lucid dreaming".

In my opinion that statement discounts many very credible people.

It also shows you possibly may wish to research this subject a little further.

Again, too many very credible people have had this nightmarish phenomena happen to them and too many people have been silenced through either intimidation and or even murder for this to simply be "lucid dreaming".

Will not rebuttal any sarcastic or trolling remarks.

Will not spoon feed the skeptics.

Each person, must put down that remote, that ipod, that cell phone, that Harry Potter or Twilight Novel (isn't it funny how popular HP and Twilight have become????).

If you folks out there don't see the train coming and refuse to get off the track, well, that is your choice.

But first, possibly as a humble suggestion - begin to research with a open mind and humble heart because to do otherwise, to remain distracted, dumbed down, numbed by alcohol or drugs and go after people who have done the research is, again in my opinion, not in humanity's best interest.

And, it's become evident to me, not everyone you meet is driving their own car now. Car is being used as a metaphor for body).

Look into the eyes of some of these people who many idolize. The "rich & famous" - am not saying all, but enough to raise red flags.

I have e-mailed Dr. David Jacobs a couple times (never been to any conventions, except business stuff) and again, too many really credible and reality based people have gone through the abduction phenomena for it simply to be completely lucid dreaming.

Yes, many are mentally unstable, many are lucid dreams, but too many are something perhaps more.

What possibly is going on is far more interesting than any HP or Twilight Novel.

The video below is part 4 but if you go to the site you can see the other parts if this one interests you.



Description of video:


Uploaded by artgallery778 on Dec 20, 2010

Author L.A. Marzulli discussed his research exploring UFO phenomena and contacts with entities, which he's chronicled in his new eBook The Alien Interviews. Most skeptics ignore data from alien abduction cases, Dr. David Jacobs told Marzulli, who cited a case where a woman was abducted in front of nine other people, and had signs of radiation sickness upon her return. Joe Jordan of the CE4 Research Group has engendered controversy in the UFO community. He claimed his evidence that abductions can be stopped by reciting the name of Jesus, has been hushed up, said Marzulli.


I would suggest beginning your discovery of this by reading Richard Dolan's books and David Jacob's

* The Threat by David M. Jacobs - Published by Simon & Schuster
* UFOs and the National Security State Chronology of a Cover Up 1941-1973 by Richard Dolan - Keyhole Pub
* UFOs and the National Security State Chronology of a Cover Up 1973-1991 by Richard Dolan - Keyhole Pub
* A.D. After Disclosure by Richard M. Dolan - Keyhole Pub

Then proceed to

* Politics, Prophecy & The Supernatural by L. A. Marzulli - Publisher, Spiral of Life
* The Cosmic Chess Match by L. A. Marzulli - Publisher, Spiral of Life
* Song of the Greys (New English Library Hodder & Stoughton) and Grey Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls (Bear & Company) both by Nigel Kerner.

Another good book is The Gods of Eden by William Bramley.
edit on 9-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: spelling





new topics

top topics



 
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join