It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Experienced This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
...Hi all,
I'm 50+ years old and I would like to know if others have experienced this. And of course if you have an explanation as to why this happens, I wish to know the cause . My experience: It was early A.M., I was still asleep, when the phone started ringing. Of course, the phone wakes me up and I go to reach for it to answer. It was such a chore. Nothing would cooperate it seemed I had to struggle really hard just to move my arm a fraction: It was like some force was holding it back and at this same time I felt and heard like electrical zapping currents, inside the arm I was trying to move (right). Anyway, this zapping was felt from my head throughout traveling to the arm and hand. all again, on the right side. It didn't really hurt me just shook me for a minute or so and was even able to answer and told fam member about it. It was pretty wild... almost like being electrocuted. *like an electric fence I have experienced lol but not really* and it was a mix sort of feel type of sleep paralysis . Those waves of electrical current arcs were pretty wild. Anyway...am very curious as to what caused/causes this and wish to know how many here have experienced this as well... Honestly, I do not believe it is anything to worry about...or I'd been in the hospital by now lol... but I'm like a cat...curious... can't find similar online so hopefully you guys can help.

Just for the record.. again, this has only happened once.
and I've also had the exploding head syndrome experience once.
Am wondering if this would be related somehow. Whatever it is, it isn't serious of course. Thankful to know. But am wondering if this has happened to any of you...Do you guys have an answer or theory as to the cause?

Have read in the past somewhere that sometimes OBEs will have zapping s . I have no clue on that sort of stuff ... but This was like my brain was misfiring or something. OBEs don't come with paralysis do they? Had to ask! lol

Anyone??
Thanks in advance.

... .

edit on 9-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Not to scare you but the onset of a stroke can make you think you are experiencing things like what you did. You also couldn't move your limb? You might want to get checked.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I can affirm that the snapping electrical feeling derives from the pineal gland from experience
very rare indeed

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Hi TheLieWeLive, what a name lol
Thank you for the reply. To be honest I should have said that this was not recent in the OP. And only happened the one time. Appreciate the concern as I do not think it serious. Actually the exploding head was months ago too and it only happened once. This other was way longer ago than that.
Again, nothing serious imo unless something such as that comes on real gradual.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm willing to guess it was a temporarily pinched nerve. This has happened to me. I'll move my shoulder wrong and ZAP! I'll feel the whole route of the nerve from my neck, to shoulder, down the back of my arm to my pinky.

...or it could be a stroke.

Cuhail

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I think I need to study more upon this...
as I'm starting to be sucked in lol.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Here..this is interesting for a start
www.celtoslavica.de...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sounds like all the symptoms of a stroke.

Thanks for coming to ATS for medical assistance.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Very interesting reading . Thank you so much for the link. Am very drawn to understand this.

reply to post by Cuhail

Appreciate and good guess on the reply. It was unlike any pinched nerve I've experienced though but who knows?

reply to post by JibbyJedi

...egads .. some of you keep mentioning stroke.. Ugh.... I hope not.
Certainly appreciate your reply. Had never really thought of that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sounds like TIA

Not trying to scare you or anything, there are a million things it could have been stemming from sleep paralysis.. But definitely stroke/TIA symptoms.. I'm glad you're alright.
edit on 9-5-2012 by garbageface because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

oh chit . I was just scan reading about that type of stroke. You guys could be correct . But OBE sounds better to me lol.....

ETA: I realize you are not trying to scare... I thank you for your concern..Truly I feel that this was caused by either an OBE possibly or it was caused during the electrical transition -from sleeping to awake - The latter was what I initially thought. Because of the being shocked part ... kind of .. I literally was like being shocked...vibrating. Anyway...

... I will take this all in all seriousness though...
I truly appreciate the replies, guys/gals.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't think it was OBE, pinched nerve and or Stroke Symptoms sound like more reasonable theories.

The body is not perfect and it faults in many ways and they don't feel "natural" but that doesn't mean they aren't.

Do you have the risk factors for stroke? High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, being overweight ect. Is your bed old and tweaking your back maybe?

When you first wake up, literally the first few minutes you wake up, your blood pressure is at it's highest because your body is trying to get you going. So you are more likely to feel the effects of high BP and stroke/hearth attack symptoms.

Just because if only happened once does not exclude these things either. Any number of factors could have contributed to elevated BP. High salt intake the day/night before, not enough water intake, alcohol consumption ect. You could have had 10,000 milligrams of sodium the day before and wouldn't even know because they put it in everything.

Hope you're doing all right!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Have you ever read up on MS (multiple sclerosis)? It attacks the nervous system, which may be a reason for what you felt in the arm.

My mother has it, it took her a long time to be diagnosed but she luckily discovered it quite early in her life. It has rendered her entire left side of her body completely useless at this point, but sometimes she describes the feeling as being numb like pins and needles or if she was electrocuted.

It responds to everyone who has it differently. Worth the research, anyways.

Good luck and I hope you can figure it out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter
Appreciate the reply tps .. and truly I did not mean to cause concern for anyone ...I actually meant that I had rather it have been an obe or the caught between dream /waking state .....instead of this being something so serious in nature. So maybe I was just in between ..Remember the phone had just aroused me to action. But you guys have brought up an additional, again that I never thought of ...so thanks ..I actually have learned something about strokes.

Do you have the risk factors for stroke? High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, being overweight ect. Is your bed old and tweaking your back maybe?
No to all. Nothing whatsoever .

When you first wake up, literally the first few minutes you wake up, your blood pressure is at it's highest because your body is trying to get you going. So you are more likely to feel the effects of high BP and stroke/hearth attack symptoms.
Didn't realize this ....thanks so much for sharing this info.

Just because if only happened once does not exclude these things either. Any number of factors could have contributed to elevated BP. High salt intake the day/night before, not enough water intake, alcohol consumption ect. You could have had 10,000 milligrams of sodium the day before and wouldn't even know because they put it in everything.

Hope you're doing all right!!
No ...no salt or alcohol...but there is one that it could be - water - now I do need more of that!
Truly appreciate the concern ..but I truly am ok....thank you so much for your reply.
edit on 10-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andriod
Have you ever read up on MS (multiple sclerosis)? It attacks the nervous system, which may be a reason for what you felt in the arm.

My mother has it, it took her a long time to be diagnosed but she luckily discovered it quite early in her life. It has rendered her entire left side of her body completely useless at this point, but sometimes she describes the feeling as being numb like pins and needles or if she was electrocuted.

It responds to everyone who has it differently. Worth the research, anyways.

Good luck and I hope you can figure it out.

Hi andriod,
Thank you for the reply. Yes, am familiar with MS. I actually know someone with it. I didn't realize that it could also cause the ''electrocution''.. Am very sorry to hear of your mothers diagnosis... bless her dear heart.. ... I don't get any pins and needles unless my foot goes to sleep.

Appreciate the warm wishes and i wish you and your mother 'the best''...
Will talk to my friend a bit more about this...

Thanks once again.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Best to get checked out by a Doctor. Could be nothing...could be something. If it is something and is cought early than they can do something about it.

I am in very good health and I am fit. A few years ago I had an ear issue that caused VERTIGO. I started thinking about New England Patriot Teddy Bruschi and decieded to get checked out. It was nothing but I was told I was right to get a CT scan as it could of just easily have been a stroke.

Get checked out. Split Infinity

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks Split.

ATS full of sound advice. Thank you guys once again.
and Glad you are ok ..
Have experienced also ..that's sickening, isn't it? Ugh...

I will be mentioning this episode to the doc upon next visit.....
again thank you much for your concern. ... and wisdom in the matter from all of you.
edit on 10-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

No problem. Hope you find what you seek. Split Infinity

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I understand now, yes of course an OBE would be preferred

Sometimes i wonder if us moving between dimensions can cause health issues when we wake up or jump back. Lots of unexplained medical issues that can arise seemingly out of nowhere. I won't write off the notion that can be a culprit.

Now i get to ponder this notion......

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter

Sometimes i wonder if us moving between dimensions can cause health issues when we wake up or jump back. Lots of unexplained medical issues that can arise seemingly out of nowhere. I won't write off the notion that can be a culprit.

Now i get to ponder this notion......

Thrilled to hear that train of thought - choo chooing lol..

Hey, yeah, you have a point for we ARE spiritual beings ...
We have so much yet to discover about ourselves, ya know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join