It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitterroot Footage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Aw man. The video is a bit of a let-down.

While I don't have expert knowledge on Medical Equipment, I'm pretty sure the neonatal incubator shown around 2:43+ is a modern machine...

Sadly the video is not the best attempt at a viral campaign. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Edit: Some Internet goers are suggesting "The Lords of Salem" as the marketed movie...

Plot
Heidi, a blonde rock chick, DJs at a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans, Whitey and Munster, forms part of the Big H Radio Team. A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, "a gift from the Lords". She assumes it is a rock band on a mission to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords' record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma. Later Whitey plays the Lords' record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with listeners. The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H Team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon Heidi and her cohorts find that the gig is far from the rock spectacle they are expecting: the original Lords of Salem are returning, and they are out for blood.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

yea i noticed that
it had a baby in it too
also i dont think anyone wouldnt notice there is someone filming them 15ft away
oh well if its a film i will watch it anyway

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

While I don't have expert knowledge on Medical Equipment, I'm pretty sure the neonatal incubator shown around 2:43+ is a modern machine...

The Incubator shown seems to be far more modern then the older designs. The Incubator itself has been around since the early 1900's I think (anybody with a better understanding of medical history, feel free to correct me here).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I think it's a viral for a movie aswell.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Seems like a hoax, or better yet a project for this students mate dorio or w/e considering he is in the right class and all.

Ill give it a look but im already pretty convinced its just a work of fiction.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sorry for double post but i just watched the film haha you know how bulking the recorders were for 8mm film right?
To make a "spy" video with one of these machines is IMPOSSIBLE lol.

its a joke nothing more.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Mark me down in the "skeptical" column on this one. Most all the good points have been made in posts before mine.

Most likely this is for a grade in a class, I say give that guy an "A", for the effort involved and attention its drawn

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius
Sorry for double post but i just watched the film haha you know how bulking the recorders were for 8mm film right?
To make a "spy" video with one of these machines is IMPOSSIBLE lol.

its a joke nothing more.

Wouldn't say it's a joke. Could be a game as stated in previous posts. It's happened before and will continue happening. Big corporations promoting a movie / game aren't the only ones who can construct a simple ARG game. Examples include Marble Hornets / Haunted Majoras Mask Cart. Neither of those were intended to promote anything but a work of fiction by the authors. I'm just excited to see how this will play out. Hopefully it is a game that we can play along with, but if not it's still something I'll be keeping my eye on C:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

My initial reaction too. Lurking behind a tree just a few feet away, and around the corner of a doorway with an 8mm? Not only are those cumbersome, but loud as hell too. Nevertheless, cool idea. If it's not real, I couldn't care less...won't play the game or see the movie. But had fun chasing down the Belle incident on here last year. That was a fun time busting that poor dude and his friends.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It can't be about the movie The Possession... I read the backstory for it quite a while back and it's completely different than what's going on here. The Possession is about the "Dybukk Box" which was said to have been purchaced on ebay around 2001. It was a wine box that contained items related to a Jewish exorcism and supposedly had a demon trapped inside which hit all those who owned the box with strange illnesses, misfortune, nightmares and was even said to have caused one woman to have died of a stroke. You can read about it yourself here.

en.wikipedia.org...

After seeing the trailer for Lords of Salem, I have my doubts about that one to. It just doesn't seem to fit.

As far as 8mm cameras being cumbersome? That was hardly the case as there were several handheld models available, here is a link to an old photo of Walt Disney holding his...

i.imgur.com...

The movie Bitterroot is supposedly about a cowboy who gets swindled in a fake sweepstakes scam and goes out looking for revenge...

www.movieinsider.com...

My guess? Viral marketing but for what I couldn't speculate at this time... It certainly has everyone talking and wondering wtf it could be, so it seems to be doing it's job if it is marketing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join