It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitterroot Footage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You made a good contribution to this thread. Thanks for all your searching and all the info that you posted.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by spleenika
Well searching the IMDB I found a movie in production that happens to be named Bitterroot.

Bitterroot IMDB
edit on 11-5-2012 by spleenika because: forgot a t

Yes and this "Bitterroot" movie is not a movie yet. Even according to your own link it is in development. It's earliest release is sometime in 2014. No actors have even been cast yet.

So with that in mind.... Why would anyone start a viral marketing campaign on a movie that is not even made yet? I think it is much more likely that what I laid out is what this is all about.

Yep, what you laid out is certainly plausible. I just thought that it was curious there is a movie in production that just happens to have the name Bitterroot. Does it seem a bit early to start a viral campaign? It does to me, but I honestly have no idea their actual production schedule, and I can not see the extended IMDB info because I am not an imdb member.

The thing I am certain of, is this is has the crafted suspense you would expect of a viral marketing campaign. Watching the videos on their site and on youtube, you can see they already have the "footage" on a computer as they show slices of it. So if they were some everyday normal college kid just posting something interesting on youtube, there is no need to make a whole website generating excitement about a "release date".

I ate something amazing for lunch today. And now I can see demons attached to certain peoples heads. go to, what I ate for lunch and now i see demons.kom, and I will release the details of this delicious occult dish on june 15th! By the way, this is not a viral campaign, im just a normal person like you. Sign up for my mailing list at the gift shop.
^^^^
This kinda stuff is just obviously obvious. And yes I bookmarked it to visit later and see whatever it is they put up lol.
edit on 5/12/2012 by spleenika because: spelling.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Well searching the IMDB I found a movie in production that happens to be named Bitterroot.

Bitterroot IMDB

Yes and this "Bitterroot" movie is not a movie yet. Even according to your own link it is in development. It's earliest release is sometime in 2014. No actors have even been cast yet.

So with that in mind.... Why would anyone start a viral marketing campaign on a movie that is not even made yet? I think it is much more likely that what I laid out is what this is all about.

Uhm you stated this in your last post

" So I dug around a bit and the conclusion I have come to is that this is a Viral marketing ploy and this is why...... "

And now you're asking why someone would want to start a viral marketing campaign on a movie that isn't made? Which one is it dude?

ETA: This reminds me of that stupid Barton Mansion thing years ago.

edit on 12-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's a movie
Drama?

Maybe drama, maybe not. Maybe it's actually real. But Dario (Argento???) Not sure. The only things I'm sure about are that A) The site is 1 month and 22 hours old and B) They really covered their tracks in a very... Professional (movie studio viral campaign) manner.

ETA If it's not for a movie, it's almost definitely for a video game.
edit on 5/12/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Bitterroot IMDB

Uhm you stated this in your last post

" So I dug around a bit and the conclusion I have come to is that this is a Viral marketing ploy and this is why...... "

And now you're asking why someone would want to start a viral marketing campaign on a movie that isn't made? Which one is it dude?

ETA: This reminds me of that stupid Barton Mansion thing years ago.

Which one is it?? That is easy... read my actual posts. My first one is about a movie that I believe this is a marketing campaign for called "The Possession". The second movie that others are presenting is a movie called "Bitterroot". We are talking about two completely different movies.

"The Possession" is due to be released on the last weekend of August (just another few months away), it is already filmed. A done deal.

"Bitterroot" is a movie with no release date. It's projected release is sometime in 2014. NO actors have been cast, nothing has been filmed.

So for those who believe the movie "Bitterroot" is the movie that this marketing ploy pertains to, I ask why would you do a marketing campaign for a movie that has not been made? Clearly, that question would not pertain to my original post about "The Possession" because that movie IS already made/filmed/ finished and scheduled for release.

Get it "dude"?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Get it "dude"?

Well let me ask you this MrWendal. When we are in a thread titled "The Bitterroot Footage", discussing a youtube video called "The Bitterroot Footage", and everyone agrees this is an obvious viral campaign for a movie - why are you so quick to dismiss the likelihood of a movie called "Bitterroot"? That word is all over the website and video and even written on the back of the pictures they show on their website.

What insider Hollywood information do you have that says they have -Not- filmed anything, and have -Not- cast any actors. I simply pointed to a link on IMDB that shows there is a movie with the same title. I have no way to know how far along this movie is, which IMDB says (2013) next to the title if you follow my original posts link. As far as I know they have already finished filming the whole movie with their full cast. What insider information do you have that says otherwise? IMDB is a database, not a news provider - who knows when that site gets updated with more information and by whom?

If you have links showing that this movie does not come out until 2014, and has not started filming or casting then please provide your evidence. My evidence of my point is simply that a movie with the same odd name as the topic in question exists. Are they related? I can't say for certain because I am not privy to inside information about either the marketing project discussed here or the movie production. Are you?

Your dispute that its way early for a viral campaign is based on your assumption this movie will not be out for a couple years. I say, you don't actually know when its coming out, and it is more likely the movie in question is called Bitterroot, since A: such a movie exists as shown on IMDB, and B: the word Bitterroot is all over the video/photos/threads about this topic. Nowhere do the words "The Possession" appear in any of these marketing materials presented. So while your theory is plausible, I find it unlikely given the circumstances.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Website says:

May 12th, NYC TimeZone - Uploading...

I guess there will be some video afterwards.
edit on 12-5-2012 by koperniguz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well let me ask you this MrWendal. When we are in a thread titled "The Bitterroot Footage", discussing a youtube video called "The Bitterroot Footage", and everyone agrees this is an obvious viral campaign for a movie - why are you so quick to dismiss the likelihood of a movie called "Bitterroot"? That word is all over the website and video and even written on the back of the pictures they show on their website.

Name ONE just ONE advertising campaign that started before the product was ready to be released. The FACT is the "Bitterroot" movie has not been made. The movie is in "development". Advertising for a movie that has not been made goes well beyond risky. Many things can and do happen when filming a movie. A movie that is in development is not a guarantee that you will see it in theaters. Sometimes, movies are scrapped and the plug gets pulled in the middle of filming. Many movies go straight to DVD and never get played in theaters, when this happens, the marketing of said movie can change dramatically. So again, please name one movie, one product, one anything at all that gets marketing money poured into it before the product is completed?

What insider Hollywood information do you have that says they have -Not- filmed anything, and have -Not- cast any actors. I simply pointed to a link on IMDB that shows there is a movie with the same title. I have no way to know how far along this movie is, which IMDB says (2013) next to the title if you follow my original posts link. As far as I know they have already finished filming the whole movie with their full cast. What insider information do you have that says otherwise? IMDB is a database, not a news provider - who knows when that site gets updated with more information and by whom?

What I would like you to do right now please, is get some salt. Maybe some ketchup. Cover both feet with it. By the time I done explaining this to you, those actions will make it easier for you when you realize you just placed both feet in your mouth.

I do not have any inside information. What I can do is read.

Using YOUR LINK provided. It says Bitterroot (2013.) Now what does it say underneath that? Is that a link that says "2014 USA"? Now mouse over that link, what do you see? It says, "See all release dates". That 2014 number is the expected release date.

Now let us look down a bit more... what do you see? Is it this....?

Note: Because this project is categorized as in development, the data is only available on IMDbPro and is subject to change.

Wow.... your own link says the movie is in "development" not in "production".. Let's keep looking down... what else does it say? Is that a link describing the cast of this movie? I think it is. What does that link say? "View preliminary cast"? Do I really need to explain what the word preliminary means? Do I really need to explain this any farther?

You do not need insider info when you can read and comprehend the information your being given. I am just going to ignore the rest of your post because I have already answered everything it pertains to with my above reply.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
so.....just watched the uploaded film, and WTF!!

i sure hope this is just advertisement....which im pretty sure it is...

has anybody else watched the film yet?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
so.....just watched the uploaded film, and WTF!!

i sure hope this is just advertisement....which im pretty sure it is...

has anybody else watched the film yet?

Yes I watched it and in my opinion the only thing WTF about it is WTF is this garbage and really I hope it is not a advertisement viral or otherwise for a movie. If it is the director should stop now before dropping that bomb of a film on the market. I understand with movies you are suppose to suspend disbelief but at the same time good directors at least try to lend their movie an air of some believability, apparently not this one. Really I think it's almost borderline ED Woods type film making.

*SPOILER*

First of all the guy filming it goes through the woods, finds an abandoned looking house in a field, sees a strange robbed figure lumber into it and goes inside? At first he is standing probably about three feet from the creature as it walks around behind a door or crack in the wall, then he standing about five feet from it in the middle of a doorway, and does a totally fake sidestep move like he is hiding, moves back into the middle of the doorway, and finally at the end he is following like fifteen twenty feet behind and the whole time it never sees or hears him, threatens him or interacts?

And the last scene really. This hooded figure goes to the middle of the woods to a super shallow and tiny ditch and throws a bright white sheet into it tied with a rope? why is it hiding it? lol

Yeah just horrible film making, horrible advertising and not scary in the least way unless maybe you are chewing on some kind of bitterroot while watching it. Just my opinion though.

edit on 12-5-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 12-5-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Found this site, seems to be a just for fun site.
9gag.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My money is on an ARG.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
the bag moves when she hits it with a stick, but theirs suppose to be just a head in it.... wow i cant sleep now...........ZZZZzzzz

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
the bag moves when she hits it with a stick, but theirs suppose to be just a head in it.... wow i cant sleep now...........ZZZZzzzz

That bag the robed figure threw out wasn't the same bag as in the house. Size is very different. So it makes sense that the bag the figure was hitting was moving because there was possibly someone alive in it, and the small bag that was thrown out just has a head inside.

Only odd thing I noticed during the video was the jumping frame at 2.17

I have doubts about this being a viral add. I know other people have found plausible proof but the quality is just too, shocking for it to be believable as a viral. I'm hoping it's an ARG because I'm a massive nerd with too much time on my hands. Oh yeaah.

Also there's an incubator with what looks like a baby or a doll inside. Early bets are some kind of cult / satanic ritual.
edit on 13/5/12 by stefplz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/12 by stefplz because: more added

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ok ketchup and salt man. You clearly answered my question. You are basing your entire logic on information you do not actually posses. Which specifically is how far along in the development cycle is this Bitterroot film. You do not know. The IMDB link is as void of information about it as you are.

Now moving along to the actual topic. Having watched the Bitterroot footage, I have to say I have completely lost interest. It was 95% black and white footage of creepy trees, and 5% body parts stuffed in a bag. Oh and I guess there is a bit of a hooded robed person aimlessly wandering looking for a trash bin, but seemingly unable to find one dumps his trash in the forest oblivious to the litter enforcement officer filming him. Maybe if he didn't have such an over-sized hood obstructing his vision, he would have noticed he was being filmed and going to be given a littering ticket for sure. However his trash looked biodegradable so perhaps they would be lenient with him.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ok ketchup and salt man. You clearly answered my question. You are basing your entire logic on information you do not actually posses. Which specifically is how far along in the development cycle is this Bitterroot film. You do not know. The IMDB link is as void of information about it as you are.

Specifically how far along it is, I can not answer. You also did not ask me to answer that question. You asked me how I knew it was not scheduled for release until 2014, how I knew it was not finished being filmed. I answered those questions and that information is provided for by your own link.

Maybe I am just confused here..... where in your quoted post (below) do you ask me specifically how far along the film is development? I can't seem to find it.

edit on 13-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Listen, this is NOT a viral ad for a major motion picture. Was the footage good? Sure. It gave you a bit of a chill, more mood than anything. But I assure you the footage is in NO way major motion picture, or independent movie quality. Its NOT for a movie.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stefplz

Originally posted by dayve

That bag the robed figure threw out wasn't the same bag as in the house. Size is very different. So it makes sense that the bag the figure was hitting was moving because there was possibly someone alive in it, and the small bag that was thrown out just has a head inside.

Only odd thing I noticed during the video was the jumping frame at 2.17

I have doubts about this being a viral add. I know other people have found plausible proof but the quality is just too, shocking for it to be believable as a viral. I'm hoping it's an ARG because I'm a massive nerd with too much time on my hands. Oh yeaah.

Also there's an incubator with what looks like a baby or a doll inside. Early bets are some kind of cult / satanic ritual.
edit on 13/5/12 by stefplz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/12 by stefplz because: more added

I only watched it once at that point but after seeing it again i seeeee that. Someone should go to the location it was filmed and compare. If it was supposedly filmed that long ago things would look different

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here is some more info I found while searching....

I think it was made by a film student from Montevideo, Uruguay.
Its definetly fake and viral for something but what ?
Dont want to see another blair which, but I saw a pic of the guy and he looks young, and hes from Uruguay, so maybe he dont know about it ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join