It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 3 West Virginia Democratic primary voters choose felon over Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
1 in 3 West Virginia Democratic primary voters choose felon over Obama
The Hill -- 05/08/12 10:06 PM ET

Democratic candidate for president Keith Judd has people in West Virginia voting for him instead of Obama !!
More than you would think.

Judd is currently in prison.

Talk about people saying "anybody but Obama" ...... jeesh

He may even get a delegate or two !!

I wonder how he got on the ballot ?

A felon incarcerated in Texas took one in three votes away from President Obama in West Virginia's Democratic presidential primary on Tuesday.

Keith Judd, who is serving time in a federal prison in Texarkana, Texas, for extortion, took 37 percent of the vote, with 50 percent of precincts reporting. Obama captured the remaining 63 percent.

By locking up more than 15 percent, Judd may be entitled to at least one delegate at the Democratic National Convention in September.

Recently, even some Democrat leaders have stated they will not vote for Obama

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who won the nomination Tuesday for his first full term in the Senate, has said he may not vote for Obama in November, and Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (D-W.Va.) has made similar comments.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This article tells how Judd was allowed on the ballot,

huff post article

basically, paying $2,500, and filing a notarized certificate of announcement.

Monday I had to go to the county courthouse and noticed two names on the Democratic form, never
realized he was a convict.

It doesn't surprise me here in the least, Obama is attacking coal, my state's primary money-maker,
and he expects people to be on his side.

Heck, all politicians are crooks anyway.

Attracting at least 15 percent of the vote would normally qualify a candidate for a delegate to the Democratic National Convention. But state Democratic Party Executive Director Derek Scarbro said no one has filed to be a delegate for Judd. The state party also believes that Judd has failed to file paperwork required of presidential candidates, but officials continue to research the matter, Scarbro said.

looks like someone's going to contest Judd's claim
edit on 9-5-2012 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh no...does this mean that Obama is going to lose West Virginia????

Oh wait...doesn't matter.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hopefully, Judd submits a valid birth certificate.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually what I am getting from the OP is that anyone could put their name on the ballot even if they are convicted felons...I think the purpose of this stunt is to make a point, that Obama is no different from a felon...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The REAL STORY HERE! : THE UNITED STATES ALLOWS FELONS TO RUN FOR OFFICE! The Bush bar of being a Maine DUI-convicted felon, proves the point. Remember when THAT used to be illegal too?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

REAL MORAL OF THE STORY: This proves just how IGNORANT, or UNETHICAL, or both, many West Virginia voters are. I think this is more likely a Rush Limbaugh tactic, having unethical con-artists vote against Obama in a Democratic primary. Obviously they are unethical, voting for a Con. And voting for a guy in prison, who is LITERALLY a Con-Artist himself, is a really STUPID con, by ConservArtists. Really? Houston, we have a problem....

So, who is today's RepubliCon-Artist party going to nominate? Mr. "I woulda killed bin Laden" and "I take a lot of credit" for making GM the largest now successful Car maker in the world" and "magic underwear" Williard Romney? Newt Gingric"k", Mr. unethical, immoral, and crazy? Rick "Opus Dei" "man-on Dog" Sanitarium, with a wife that had an abortion from living in sin? Ron, "I wannabe a 1700's President with slaves" Paul? Michelle "Wild-eyed and crazy Swiss citizen" Bachman?

ALL con-artists, ALL ConservArtist Party favorites at one time or another.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Voting for a JAILED felon is just a bit more than voting for an EX-Felon, like dui convicted, and license-revoked, George W Bush. (Maine)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It does mean any old meathead will do on a ticket opposite him. It negates all the talk about Romney being uninspiring because all you have to be is not Obama to gain some ground, which this story proves.
In a country closely divided the last two decades in Presidential elections, a few percentage points means a lot and if the issue is people had enough of Obama, then that issue may gain the GOP the edge.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am not surprised. I grew up there, until my mother married her, um... 4th or 5th husband, when I was around 13 years old. Last Christmas, one of my aunts started up a political discussion... or was it me? I can't remember. She proclaimed that George W. Bush was the greatest president we've ever had... oh, and Sarah Palin was "brilliant". It would have made for a good comedy show, if I had recorded it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It does mean any old meathead will do on a ticket opposite him. It negates all the talk about Romney being uninspiring because all you have to be is not Obama to gain some ground, which this story proves.
In a country closely divided the last two decades in Presidential elections, a few percentage points means a lot and if the issue is people had enough of Obama, then that issue may gain the GOP the edge.

It only means that Obama will lose West Virginia...and we all knew that already.

If McCain can beat Obama by double digits in West Virginia...anyone can.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes yes of course, any state that doesn't vote for Obama is obviously uneducated and full of toothless hillbillies who can't spell or read and commit incest. Talk about arrogant.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
NOTE -
The following reply was originally intended for another thread but that was squelched... and so now, redirected here:

reply to post by neo96

Obama loses 41 percent of W.Va. primary vote to federal inmate

One of the most unique, and I am sure, enduring, of the stories so far for election 2012.

If there was a frame for a picture of a nation that was not all that happy with their incumbent, but not willing to jump sides to replace him, this is it. It tosses a spotlight on the failure of the DNC to produce an alternative to their problem child in the White House. It also magnifies one of the failures of the two party system in that... with no one challenging Obama on the left, there is no alternative to voting for him if you are decidely not going to vote on the right.

The electorate is corralled to a certain ending...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hangthesobs

You are blaming Rush Limbaugh for a convicted felon getting on the Democratic primary in W Verginny? I cannot believe some of this nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

That's my fault for not looking here

Yeah the dude sat in jail with no coverage and no real funds so to speak of and garned 41% of the vote.

Frames a picture indeed.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangthesobs
REAL MORAL OF THE STORY: This proves just how IGNORANT, or UNETHICAL, or both, many West Virginia voters are.

Exactly. This says NOTHING about Obama. It says something about the stupidity of 40% of West Virginians...

Who is Keith Judd?

A nobody, who thinks he's a superhero and loves Nixon...

Get to know Keith Judd with these 10 fun facts:
5. Got on the ballot in West Virginia by paying a $2,500 filling fee and sending in a notarized certification of announcement.

6. Among the many things on his resume: “Member, Federation of Super Heroes",
10. Favorite president: Richard Nixon.

Oh, yeah, those W/Virginians really know their stuff... Obama better watch out!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

REAL MORAL OF THE STORY: This proves just how IGNORANT, or UNETHICAL, or both, many West Virginia voters are.

What it does show is that Obama damn near got beat by a guy who can't campain.
It would be interesting if he showed up on the ballots of other states too.
Sorry but I just have to LMAO at this.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I would vote for the felon too , in a heartbeat.

Let's see, the felon, if he could, might embezzel millions of dollars from the government - impact on peoples lives is so small as to be unmeasureable. Obama, if he could, would pass a law dictating that households (except his) shouldn't be over 68 degrees because HE believes that's warm enough and I should put on a sweater if I'm cold.

The felon, if he could, might give jobs and contracts, illegally, to his friends and family - impact on people's lives is so small as to be unmeasureable. Obama, if he could, would pass a law dictating that everyone (except him) should be driving a plastic golf cart around because HE believes that's the course we should be taking.

The felon, if he could, might even kill someone. While I think a murder is terrible, Obama, if he could, and almost has, will decide that if you're too old and it costs the government too much to give you the medical treatment you need to live, that you should just be given a pain pill and sent home to die. I think thousands of murders much, much more terrible.

Obama would render the phrase "It's my life...." obsolete.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

REAL MORAL OF THE STORY: This proves just how IGNORANT, or UNETHICAL, or both, many West Virginia voters are. I think this is more likely a Rush Limbaugh tactic, having unethical con-artists vote against Obama in a Democratic primary. Obviously they are unethical, voting for a Con. And voting for a guy in prison, who is LITERALLY a Con-Artist himself, is a really STUPID con, by ConservArtists. Really? Houston, we have a problem....

So, who is today's RepubliCon-Artist party going to nominate? Mr. "I woulda killed bin Laden" and "I take a lot of credit" for making GM the largest now successful Car maker in the world" and "magic underwear" Williard Romney? Newt Gingric"k", Mr. unethical, immoral, and crazy? Rick "Opus Dei" "man-on Dog" Sanitarium, with a wife that had an abortion from living in sin? Ron, "I wannabe a 1700's President with slaves" Paul? Michelle "Wild-eyed and crazy Swiss citizen" Bachman?

ALL con-artists, ALL ConservArtist Party favorites at one time or another.

That's a good rant.

But remember the voters who voted for Judd were ALL Democrats.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know whether the primaries in West Virginia are opened or closed. If open there could have been some "Operation Chaos" (Rush '08 not Fight Club) type shenanigans but I've not heard of any. It's a pretty emphatic statement that West Virginia is a lost cause for Obama in November. Anyone know how they went in '08? That's pretty telling in a state that has a Democratic Governor and Senator that over a third of your own parties most loyal voters said, "Him or the other guy? I'll take the other guy."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join