It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would-be al-Qaida 'underwear' bomber was CIA informant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Would-be al-Qaida

ca.news.yahoo.com

Those behind the plot apparently hoped to take down a plane, but U.S. officials revealed Tuesday that the would-be bomber at the heart of the plot was actually an informant working for the CIA and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-5-2012 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2012 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Was this another CIA plot to make it seem like al-Qaida is real(no pun) and doing all this terrorism,when in fact the CIA are the real terrorists?

And why is it terrorists are usually linked to the CIA?

Most of the hijackers on 9/11 were supposedly Saudis.Could there be some sort of U.S. Saudis conspiracy going on?

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yeah... This is just dandy isn't it. I was confused last night about what was happening with this. They usually take this kind of an event to raise the alarm and panic everyone like it's great sport these days. This time? No concern... Ahh.. now we know why!

There are a good number of people who believe Oklahoma City was bombed just this way, in 1995. A sting operation they lost control of... with a catastrophic end and absolute mutual interest for everyone who knew anything to just forget all of it.

This was a sting by the stories?? They cut this mighty close while using real bomb makers and real bombs which we're told were REALLY cutting edge.

I won't even get into how foolhardy this strikes me to gloat about such a coup. This has always been the type of thing Presidents of both parties have polite "No Comment" statements about in the past. This time, we're outright gloating. This isn't the best way of handling things....and Obama is one weird kind of peacemaker.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here you have an ADMITTED government conspiracy!

I wonder how many other plots were pretend too. Maybe they were just caught in this one.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

This makes no sense.

The CIA 'uncovered' one of their own operatives?

So, what, two different wings within the agency dont know what each other are doing?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There is hardly, if any, a thwarted "terror plot" thAt doesnt involve FBI coercion and funding or a cia informant fishing for crazies to take the bait.

The populace falling for this crap resulting in my diminished rights is infuriating!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

More like...they sent some dude in to coerce others into building this bomb and developing this plan, then, once they have all the right "evidence" they come swooping in and "save the day".

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
Was this another CIA plot to make it seem like al-Qaida is real(no pun) and doing all this terrorism,when in fact the CIA are the real terrorists?

No I don't think so.

The 'suicide bomber' was nothing of the sort, although Al Qaeda in Yemen though he was. The 'suicide bomber' was a CIA/Saudi agent who delivered the new non metallic bomb to the CIA after infiltrating Al Qaeda.

International sting operation brought down underwear bomb plot

The successful blocking of an ambitious Al Qaeda plot to bomb a U.S.-bound airliner was an international sting operation worthy of Hollywood, with spies tricking terrorists into showing their cards.

Saudi Arabia’s intelligence agency, working closely with the CIA, used an informant to pose as a would-be suicide bomber. His job was to convince the Al Qaeda franchise in Yemen to give him a new kind of non-metallic bomb that the militants were designing to easily pass through airport security.

But the double agent instead arranged to deliver the explosive device to U.S. and other intelligence authorities waiting in another country, officials said Tuesday. The agent is now safely outside Yemen and is being debriefed

LA Times

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

The populace falling for this crap resulting in my diminished rights is infuriating!

I dunno man, pretty much everyone I know besides baby boomers called shenanigans on this one. I don't think they can run that play anymore.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't really see the big deal is here, the CIA sent in a informant and got intel they didn't have before. They also got where abouts of terrorists and they got eliminated.

They got there hands on a new way they make a bomb, along with valuable information. This applies to ANYTHING the CIA does, it sometimes sends in agents to infilitrate groups and nations. Nothing new here, happens all the time, Soviet Union, Russia, China, Iran, etc. Don't know why I have to explain what the CIA does when people already know.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by stanguilles7

More like...they sent some dude in to coerce others into building this bomb and developing this plan, then, once they have all the right "evidence" they come swooping in and "save the day".

and sooner or later we "have to believe" those in caves have the ability to even produce it,
Hmm I'm in better shape and access than those "al-qaeda", maybe I can make this "non-metallic bomb" in my backyard ?

I bet the bomb made from sand, bats dung, sulphur .....more sands with bits of stones tucked in.
They watch Ironman too much. To get a cave lighten up is already a pain in th.....now to make "special bomb"

Next in al-qaeda to do list : Bomb that can be swallowed! You burp, all gone. Yeah, I beat CIA to the news!

top topics

join