It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USAF 'Factsheet' on UFOs.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
News article dealing with government UFO documentation which mentions that U.S. Embassies are being used to gather UFO information which is then sent on to the CIA - the reading gets a bit difficult towards the end but it does make some very good points about how the CIA is lying when it says its 'closed its books' on UFOs.

CIA Papers Detail UFO Surveillance:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58c7adfaebbd.gif[/atsimg]

The C.I.A. has repeatedly said that it investigated and closed it's books on U.F.O.'s during 1952, according to Ground Saucer Watch, a nation-wide research organization of about 500 scientists, engineers and others who seek to scientifically prove or disprove the existence of U.f.O.'s, but 100 pages of documents obtained under a freedom of information suit, show "the Government has been lying to us all these years," it said.

Embassies Gather Information

Mr. Spaulding an aerospace engineer with Airesearch, one of the largest producers of aerospace components, said the documents show the United States embassies are used to help gather information on U.F.O. sightings and that the information "seems to be directed to the C.I.A., the White House and the National Security Agency."

Link

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Interesting archives Karl, good to see you're still around these parts. You are truly among the top 1% of members on this forum

I totally agree with that!

Karl12 if you don't mind. I was looking at my old collection of ufo miscellaneous stuff. I have two documents here which are so intriguing. Now, I do not own any techno to put pictures ("or it didn't happen") of them up on the computer here, but I'll tell about them and see what you all think.

This first one is a copy of a memo to some info requester who took a black marker to his name and address. I got this from some then-Ufologist friend. From the US Naval Space Command. Dated Feb 22 1990. First it sez,

"This is in reply to your letter of 17 January 1990, which was forwarded from your original addressee, OPNAV. Naval Space Command has no records of Unidentified Flying Objects.
("But wait for it!":lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This document is uber peculiar to me. In the top left corner it says, JPRS-TTP-89-0031 and, 8 March 1989.
In the middle top and bottom are For Official Use Only
On the top right corner, it says West Europe.

This document is alot of text about manufacturers seeking contracts to make satellites.

Here is where it makes me go

"Hughes Aircraft stands alone, probably with it's new HS-601 platform, which has already been adopted for some 12 civillian (Aussat 2) and military ( UFO ) satellites."

edit on 28-8-2012 by Saucerwench because: Oops I corrected a mistake!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here is another goody. On the top is handwriting which says "Larry (my guess is Lawrence Fawcett) FYI, Ted.
8/19/89."

the document is NORAD Unknown Track Reporting System in Directory of Databases.

Accession Number 339

Military Sponsor Air Force

Descriptors
Air Force; Aircraft; Greenland; Iceland; Identification; Latitude; Longitude; North America; Number of Unknowns; Region; Scramble Actions; Scramble Bases; Soviet Traffic; Tracking; United Kingdom
Abstract
The NORAD Unknown Track Reporting System records details of all air traffic declared unknown in North America and the Greenland-Iceland-United Kingdom Gap. Data are used by a wide variety of users in NORAD, USAF, Joint Chiefs Of Staff, Canadian NDHQ, and region commanders in a continuing assessmeent of airspace sovereignty.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Thanks for sharing those docs Saucerwench and will certainly have a look into the info you've posted - it's a great shame Zorgon isn't posting here any more as he was (without doubt) our resident expert on the Naval Space Command - will try to contact him on another forum and show him your posts.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

The NORAD doc does sound very interesting and there's a short bit of reading here about Unknown Track Reports, it's also not surprising they're completely exempt from the Freedom of Information Act but there has been some interesting testimony about their antics in the past - don't know if you've seen this video but USAF radar operator Michael Smith states that when a UFO is confirmed on radar screens the standard operating procedure to keep it to yourself, never to write anything down and notify NORAD immediatley - he also mentions how NORAD informed him to lie to Police Officers about the radar confirmation of several UFOs travelling over Michigan:

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

"This is in reply to your letter of 17 January 1990, which was forwarded from your original addressee, OPNAV. Naval Space Command has no records of Unidentified Flying Objects.

Hola Saucerwench, sorry about the delay in a response but Zorgon has commented on your docs on a thread over at the Pegasus site, the forum is being updated at the moment so can't be accessed or linked but will send you a PM when it's available.

Staying on the thread subject here's yet another document which shouldn't exist if we are to swallow the claims of the USAF factsheet that 'no government agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since the closure of Project Bluebook'.

It's a USA intelligence report about a UFO sighting in China, 1989 which was sent to many recipients including the Navy Operations Centre:

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Another U.S. Government UFO Document sent to Secretary of State Henry Kissinger from the U.S. Embassy in Morocco requesting information about UFOs witnessed over the country on 19th of September, 1976.....even though the U.S. Government claims it does not collect information about UFOs since 1969.

“SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR INFO, UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS”,

25 September 1976

(U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.)

link

Looks like the cause of these Moroccan sightings could well be the re-entry of the ejected motor assembly of the Molniya rocket:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join