It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Shot to death for "Un-Friending" someone on Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
only in America? no shortage of assorted senseless/vanity killings that's for sure!

a tenessee couple was shot dead in their home because they "unfriended" a woman on Facebook

the victims, Billy Clay Payne Jr. & Billie Jean Hayworth, had recently deleted Jenelle Potter from their friends list on Facebook

following the "un-friending" the 60-year-old father of Jenelle shot the couple in the head and slit Payne Jr.'s throat.

Their bodies were discovered by a neighbor around five hours later According to reports, Mr Payne was found in his bedroom while Miss Hayworth's body was discovered in the nursery, where her eight-month old baby was found unharmed in her arms.

this is from about 2 months ago -- wonder if killer got the death penalty? anyone know?

also its really scary if someone wants to kill you they can so easily get their parent to go and do it in the security of your own home like a piece of cake.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I read about that. Truly sad what this world has come to. Adorable kid too. And a cute couple.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All I have to say is, if someone here takes being stuck on my foe list this personally, well....get help. Really. Suicide by homeowner isn't the way to go and this homeowner might just be accommodating.

It's utterly absurd and unthinkable, really. People tell me I see some things differently, but I think of the loss represented here in all someone was...and meant to everyone else. All that destroyed and so many hurt.

For what? The change of a status line on a stupid computer screen. Writing something like this as fiction would have made someone supect for their own mental state a couple decades ago. Now it barely makes mention for such bizzare and over the top disregard for life. It's almost taken as par for the course.

(In the interests of full disclosure, my wife and sister in law were both last seen staring into a screen full of some facebook thingamajig. I wouldn't know. My account was made for me by my Son to have another place to raise fish..plant gardens..and whatever else the ..facebookers..are up to. It's like the kids with the big Purple Dinosaur and his evil charms awhile back.)
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think what happened or if I read correctly that the child wanted to be friends with this couple but they didn't want to friend his daughter and they took her off the friends list, so the father got revenge maybe on behalf of his daughter and killed the couple. Think that's what I read in the story.

There was no need for this to happen.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
While extremely disturbing, i think this has less to do with FB and more to do,with his woman having a psychopath for a father. If it wasnt FB, it surely would have been something else sometime or another.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Proof enough that websites like facebook are now a very 'real' part of social interaction. People have been shot for a hell of a lot less.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The various religious nutjobs on this forum, who've already added me to their foes lists, can rest assured that I consider myself more sane than they are; in which case, I'm not about to attempt data mining to discover their offline identity, and then pick up a shotgun and go hunting.

It's ok, guys. You might think I'm going to end up burning in Hell, but I still love you.

edit on 8-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like friend counts and the like are a new currency. Good for what, who knows. Can a FB friend be traded for food at the store.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I have seen someone killed over a postage stamp before in the prison system. There are people in this world that hold more value on a stamp than a human life.

join