It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Voters Pass Same-Sex Marriage Ban

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
How does a sexual deviance qualify you as a minority? Will we have leather or rubber lobbyists? BDSM scholarships? Swinger candidates? Keep your bedroom activities out of politics, why in the world would anybody want to march in the streets over their sexual preferences, have some tact. It's my own opinions, but to me marrige is about lineage, husbandry, not assets associated with your sexual deviance.

Why are gays marching in the street over this? Because people who are into bondage and S & M can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. People who are into auto-eroticism can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. People who have a phobia of sex can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. Even hetero serial killers can get married, but gays can't. Gays as a group don't hurt anyone -- they abide by the laws and pay their taxes like everyone else, yet they can't get married.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
There ya go folks democracy in action and yep sometimes you get caught on the short end of that stick.

Second.
It isn't democracy when a majority can oppress a minority.

It is mob rule.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

So now you are trying to say that people do not have the right to vote their conscience on something because it goes against the Progressive agenda or because they are church-goers?

People voted their "conscience" when they voted against interracial marriages in most states, but the U.S. Supreme Court said they didn't have that right. So, no - people don't have the right to vote their conscience on something if it takes away the rights of someone who isn't hurting anyone.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Listen guys I don't think you realise the gravity of the situation - if those deviants (also known by the PC media as homosexuals) are allowed to marry then water will stop running, babies will no longer be born and planes will fall out of the sky - IS THAT WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANT?!?!?!?

link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
Well why don't we just go ahead and support bestiality or necrophilia. Why not marry animals or whatever else is unnatural so long as you love it. I love grilled steak, should I marry it? Same sex marriage in unnatural. What was the point of having 2 sexes if you don't need the other. This has nothing to do with rights or freedoms but everything to do with immorality. I don't care if you do not believe in the God of the Bible, sexual immorality is detrimental to the family unit especially homosexuality. Let me give you a few reasons why it is wrong:
It Is Not Marriage
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
It Violates Natural Law
It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society

hey megamind shall we vote on getting rid of this post see if the Ignorant majority can see your point

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

So now you are trying to say that people do not have the right to vote their conscience on something because it goes against the Progressive agenda or because they are church-goers?

People voted their "conscience" when they voted against interracial marriages in most states, but the U.S. Supreme Court said they didn't have that right. So, no - people don't have the right to vote their conscience on something if it takes away the rights of someone who isn't hurting anyone.

Exactly. We shouldn't be voting on people's rights. They're called "rights" for a reason.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The voters struck it down, end of story. Just like the fine folks of California have struck down prop 8 like 4 times, but they keep getting their votes thrown out. I dont see the big damn deal, you wanna get married, get hitched in a state that allows it. States have individual rights for good reasons.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Something tells me the people in North Carolina (or the ones who voted anyways) aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree if they got an issue as simple as gay marriage wrong.
edit on 9-5-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm sure we will eventually get to that point on this issue too.

It just sux we have to go through so much hate and bigotry first.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well i differ with cons on almost all points but they have got this one right.
But its quite hypocritical to allow divorce and other things by them....
Well, humans are humanss....
bad for loony liberals.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well why don't we just go ahead and support bestiality or necrophilia. Why not marry animals or whatever else is unnatural so long as you love it. I love grilled steak, should I marry it? Same sex marriage in unnatural. What was the point of having 2 sexes if you don't need the other. This has nothing to do with rights or freedoms but everything to do with immorality. I don't care if you do not believe in the God of the Bible, sexual immorality is detrimental to the family unit especially homosexuality. Let me give you a few reasons why it is wrong:
It Is Not Marriage
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
It Violates Natural Law

Oh, these silly arguments again? Animals, dead people and steaks can't sign a marriage contract, can they.

Some men and women marry and don't ever have children. You want to ban those marriages too?

Many children don't have a mother or a father in their lives due to neglect, abandonment or death.

Jesus NEVER said that gay marriage was a moral wrong. What does that have to do with civil rights anyway?

I have seen gay couples raise children in a loving, nurturing family environment, so who are you to say it doesn't create a family? Some gay couples are willing to adopt special needs orphans that nobody else wants. Doesn't this benefit the state?

How does gay marriage impose anything on you? No one is forcing you to be gay, or to marry someone of the same gender. Why should we force gays to be heterosexual, or to marry someone of the opposite gender?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
OK I'm out but here are a few quotes to think about ...

Samuel Adams warned: "Remember, Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself! There never was a democracy that 'did not commit suicide."'

C.S. Lewis
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Alexander Hamilton June 21, 1788
“It had been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience had proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.”

Thomas Jefferson
"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."

James Madison
"... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."

George Washington
"If in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the Constitutional power be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way in which the Constitutional designates. But let there be no change by usurpation, for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed."

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It Violates Natural Law

Whose law? Not my law. Not the Laws of my God. We do still have religious freedom in this country, do we not? To ban Gay marriage breaks the constitutional right for people to live according to my religion's ideology.

Mother and Fathers are capable of abuse and neglect. Gay couples generally adopt children because the really really want to care for a child, and they do something else, which is very positive for society... They help empty some of those orphanages. Statistically speaking, lesbians raise more well-rounded children than "traditional" couples.

Whose morals? We've been over this before.

Find any LGBT couple that has adopted a child and tell them it isn't a family. Better yet, ask the child.
As for being "Sterile." God forbid someone slowed the growth of the 7(+) billion people on this rock.

How so?

So does trying to conform the U.S. government to fit your specific religion's ideology.
Guess what? I don't accept your Christianity as a source of morals or decency.
You're history voids that possibility.

This whole issue has nothing to do with Gay Marriage. That law (unfortunately) already exists.
You, and people like you, are only using this bill as a soapbox to preach your own bigotry. Nothing more.

edit on 9-5-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Some one used to say Democracy is the same as 2 wolfs and 1 sheep deciding what is the dinner...how true this is

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
How does a sexual deviance qualify you as a minority? Will we have leather or rubber lobbyists? BDSM scholarships? Swinger candidates? Keep your bedroom activities out of politics, why in the world would anybody want to march in the streets over their sexual preferences, have some tact. It's my own opinions, but to me marrige is about lineage, husbandry, not assets associated with your sexual deviance.

Why are gays marching in the street over this? Because people who are into bondage and S & M can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. People who are into auto-eroticism can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. People who have a phobia of sex can get married if they are hetero, but gays can't. Even hetero serial killers can get married, but gays can't. Gays as a group don't hurt anyone -- they abide by the laws and pay their taxes like everyone else, yet they can't get married.

I can't gestate a fetus either, but I'm not out stomping around decrying the bitter injustice of it. Marrige is a tradition based on the union of a man and a woman, lineage, heritage, husbandry... why would a homosexual want to embrace a largely religous tradition and that is anathema to their preferences to begin with? Despite what the television says, homosexuality isn't a norm, it's a deviance, it always has been, that said, right or wrong is for you to individually decide, not legislators and lawyers. What you choose to do in your bedroom isn't an entitlement or a minority, it's a sexual preference, and a little common sense and decency should keep it in your bedroom.

Meet Loretta, who has a similar debacle...
www.tg-films.info...
"What's the point?"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And people wonder why sick things happen in America; I guess now I understand why bad things go down. if NC decided to do such a thing... shows where their morals are at.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Marriage predates all known religions. Your argument is invalid. Marriage began as a contract, a union between two families, not a specific union between a man and woman.
The contract only existed to spread rights, wealth, and property between two family names. There was nothing religious about it... until it was hijacked.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am amazed and appalled at the lack of morals and decency here. I do not understand why people keep thinking this is an equal rights issue. It is already equal. Any man can marry any woman. No discrimination there. Why do people want to give perverts special rights to do things non perverts do? To make them feel normal when they are not? Gays are sick. They need therapy and help. It is a mental illness and no amount of coddling will change that.

What's next? Legalizing man-boy love? Bestiality? Where does it stop? Perversion is perversion and claiming it is not all day long doesn't change what it is. Just like claiming two men can be married is not going to make it so. Marriage is the union of a MAN and a WOMAN. That is what it means and wishing it meant something else is not going to make it so.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

The point is NC decided to only recognise marriage between a man and a woman as THE ONLY domestic union, this has the following legal implications for LGBT couples.

They cannot make medical decisions for their partners in an emergency. Instead, the hospitals are usually forced by state laws to go to the families who may be estranged from them for decades, who are often hostile to them, and totally ignore their wishes for the treatment of their partners. If that hostile family wishes to exclude them from the hospital room, they may legally do so in nearly all cases. It is even not uncommon for hostile families to make decisions based on their hostility.

If their partner is arrested, they can be compelled to testify against them or provide evidence against them, which legally married couples are not forced to do.

In most cases, even carefully drafted wills and durable powers of attorney have proven to not be enough if a family wishes to challenge a will, overturn a custody decision, or exclude them from a funeral or deny them rights to visit a partner's grave.

As "family" survivors, they can even sieze real estate property that the LGBT couple may have been buying together for years, quickly sell it at a huge loss and stick the surviving partner with the remaining debt on a property they no longer own.

These aren't just theoretical issues, they happen with surprising frequency.
Almost any older gay couple can tell you horror stories of friends who have been victimized in such ways.
edit on 9-5-2012 by AliceBlackman because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Just when I was convinced that the people of the United States were morally bankrupt, they pull off an amazing feat like this. No I don't hate gay people, in fact a good friend of mine is. But either way, it's a psychological pathology that is ignored as such because we have to all play politically correct now. I mean, God forbid someone gets told they are wrong. Even the APA had it as a disorder until they were pushed to remove it. As an example that, yes, I know is way more extreme than homosexuality. Many serial killers have what is known as bloodlust, meaning the act of violence or murder is the only way they "get off." It has everything to do with the "wiring" in the brain. Which I'm sure most of us would agree is not at all natural but a learned behavior.

Anyway just my two cents and honest to God this was not written in anyway to slander anyone.
God Bless

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join