It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 8th Primaries...Romney sweeps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiggersTheMan

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Isn't the definition of sheep, the people who get easily swayed to back one political viewpoint over the other without hearing debate from the other side?

Actually, I thought it referred to people who actually believe in the political circus. People who believe any party is different than another, that voting will make a difference, that the President isn't a pre-determined, paid for puppet.
One would think, that by virtue of being an ATS member, one would be aware of such things.

I amuse myself.

In order for your theory to hold water, you would have to historically prove Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan supported the same platform.

Good luck failing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nowhere in my post did I mention Ron Paul just the weak support Romney is getting.

And no where have I said anything about cheating or rigging in the primarys.

But if you refer to rules 15 b ( 1 and 2) and rule 16 a , and check the number of states who broke the rules you may find Mr. Romney has already lost delegates even before the convention starts and thats not counting the numbers he will lose at the convention and your still assuming that Santorums and Gingrich delegates will just fall in lock step with the party and Romney.
Again I have not mentioned RP so continue your rant.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I really get a kick out of the Paulista's fixation on rules and what they think those rules mean. That's always been their modus operandi back to the next election. If they can raise an obscure technical point about a rule, they feel they can ramrod whatever they want through a convention. I wish they would fixate on something else:

Elections.

In these three last primaries Romney won 66 delegates; Paul 6. Santorum won 6 as well, even though he suspended his campaign weeks ago. How could Romney have done so well? It's because his wins were in the mid sixties percentage wise where Paul's votes put him in the 11% category. In one case Santorum even beat Paul in the popular vote.

This has been characteristic throughout the season. Where voters get to vote without the machinations of the caucus system, Paul gets about 11% of the vote. This is, BTW, far less than Jesse Jackson's 18+% in 1984 when he thought he had the nomination locked up.

So just exactly where IS this "groundswell of support" for Ron Paul? Everywhere people get to vote in primaries Paul loses. That doesn't look like a "groundswell" to me at all.

Ron Paul has lost. It's over. He'll be lucky to get a speaking engagement at the convention, though I think that would be a courtesy to him. But he won't even get a plank in the platform and certainly will not get the nomination. In a few more weeks all the Paulistas will be proclaiming, "We wuz robbed!"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
paul barely beats guys OUT OF THE RACE

wake up people !!!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here's a little wakeup call that can help put things in perspective. I have been saying Paul gets about 11% when people actually get to vote. The fact is, unless you want to count the Virgin islands where Paul got a whopping 112 votes and "won" that primary, Paul hasn't won any:

Romney: 30 primaries won and 6,354,712 votes
Santorum: 7 primaries won and 3,576,171 votes
Gingrich: 2 primaries won and 2,525,766 votes
Paul: 1 (Virgin Islands) won and 1,554,822 votes

Source: Real Clear Politics

Now I know the Paulistas has a unique way of doing the math for their delegate counts. Nobody else in the entire world agrees with them, most giving Romney in excess of 900 and Paul something like 104. But with abstentions and a mysterious "unbinding" process they hope to pull this off still.

My point here is that despite what the Paulistas claim as an "overwhelming groundswell" of support, the public doesn't really like Paul very much.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You anti-Paul tools are barking up the wrong tree like Romney, never addressing the issue.

I am not mentioning Paul, just pointing out the real lack of support of Romney.

Indiana

Voter turnout was more about getting rid of Lugar.

Overall voter turnout was 13.76 percent Romney got 65% out of 13. 76%

North Carolina

Voter turnout was more about the ban on gay marriage.

Voter turnout was strong in Tuesday's primary elections, with about 34 percent of the state's registered voters

So Romney got 66% of 34%

West Virginia

Turnout from Tuesday's primary election was 27.72 percent

Romney got 70% of 27.72% of registered republican voters .

Sorry I don't see over whelming support when the real numbers don't even give Romney 25% of registered republican voters in any state primary, and we're not even counting all republican voters or Independents or even democrats.

All three primarys, delegates are awarded Proportionally.

Show me any states voter turrnout and then Romney primary numbers.
Do you not understand math ?

And your not even looking at the groups Romney has isolated, gays, the war on woman , anyone on social security/ medicare or food stamps and welfare by supporting Ryans budget cuts, hispanic with his Immigration law ideas.

Address the real issues, tools, without mentioning Ron Paul.
Where is Romneys support ????????????
edit on 9-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
You anti-Paul tools are barking up the wrong tree like Romney, never addressing the issue.

I am not mentioning Paul, just pointing out the real lack of support of Romney.

Indiana

Voter turnout was more about getting rid of Lugar.

North Carolina

Voter turnout was strong in Tuesday's primary elections, with about 34 percent of the state's registered voters

So Romney got 66% of 34%

West Virginia

Sorry I don't see over whelming support when the real numbers don't even give Romney 25% of registered republican voters in any state primary, and we're not even counting all republican voters or Independents or even democrats.

Show me any states voter turrnout and then Romney primary numbers.

And your not even looking at the groups Romney has isolated, gays, the war on woman , anyone on social security/ medicare or food stamps and welfare by supporting Ryans budget cuts, hispanic with his Immigration law ideas.

Address the real issues, tools, without mentioning Ron Paul.

Romney does not have mass support but, he does have alot more then anyone else who ran against him in the primaries. Lets face it the Republicans ran the B-team this election and are saving the party favorites for 2016 when they think they can win. And among the B-team Romney was by far the guy with the most consitent support. Cain, Newt, Perry and Santorum bubbled up here and their but, had no staying power, while Huntsman, Paul and Bachman were consistent bottome feeders.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And freaking so-called crowd support does not mean crap!!!!!!

Ron Paul is STILL in last place! Get it through your heads, and stop whining!
edit on 9-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. And Paul got what? 16% of 13.76%. Who is barking up the wrong tree?

North Carolina

So Romney got 66% of 34%

Yup! And what did Paul get? 11% of 34% and Santorum, who isn't running, got 10%!

West Virginia

And Paul got 11% of 27.72% where Santorum, who suspended his campaighn, got 12%!

Which is why Paul got 6 delegates and Romney got 66. Paul was solidly trounced. It doesn't matter how much of the electorate DIDN'T turn out. The didn't turn out for Romney or for Paul. You can't claim one without the other. You're avoiding the issue. People don't vote for Paul.

Your "math" is unlike anything anyone has ever seen before. Here's the math:

Romney: 30 primaries won and 6,354,712 votes
Santorum: 7 primaries won and 3,576,171 votes
Gingrich: 2 primaries won and 2,525,766
Paul: 1 Virgin islands won and 1,554,822 votes

Where is Paul's support? He's certainly not winning elections. Do you seriously think 11% is a "groundswell of support."? Paulistas have certainly excelled in the political process at caucuses. By hook or by crook, they've done a great job in supporting their candidate. It's too bad they are not more practical because they tend to believe their made up delusions. The fact is that when people vote, they don't vote for Paul. Do the math yourself. Without the caucuses, Paul would be dead meat, dead, buried, and forgotten.

edit on 5/9/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm glad you got out and voted for who you support...everyone should do the same if they truly support someone. I don't like when people vote against someone, but I do support everyone voting for who they support regardless if I support the same person or not.

May I ask what you think of these results???

From what Ive seen, these straw poll numbers are in similar order to other states Paul has lost. But when it comes to delegate counts, thats a whole nother animal. A lot of Romney's victories have not been backed up by delegates. Ill judge this when delegate counts come out frome these states.

edit on 9-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm glad you got out and voted for who you support...everyone should do the same if they truly support someone. I don't like when people vote against someone, but I do support everyone voting for who they support regardless if I support the same person or not.

May I ask what you think of these results???

From what Ive seen, these straw poll numbers are in similar order to other states Paul has lost. But when it comes to delegate counts, thats a whole nother animal. A lot of Romney's victories have not been backed up by delegates. Ill judge this when delegate counts come out frome these states.

edit on 9-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

You do know there is a difference between Primaries and Caucuses...right???

Ron Paul can play his delegate game in Caucus states...not so much in Primary states.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You do know there is a difference between Primaries, Caucuses and State Conventions..........Right ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join