It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 8th Primaries...Romney sweeps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
.it's easier for Ron Paul supporters to just say I hate him, or I'm a shill, or a paid dis-info agent than it is to accept the facts and admit that the person they support is not the most popular candidate.

I have seen posts from you in every recent Ron Paul thread that I have read on this site, and all of your posts try to paint Ron Paul and his supporters in a negative light or your posts are gloating over Ron Paul not doing well in the Primaries, like the OP of this thread.

I just do not see why anyone would spend so much time doing such things unless they were being paid to do it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

But I don't hide the fact that I support Obama

I do not think you have anything to worry about, Obama has been a good puppet, and has done exactly what his Corporate / Wall Street Masters have told him to do, so he will most likely be given the Presidency again by the Powers That Be

I've said many times there is no right or wrong in politics

Now I understand why you are not a Ron Paul supporter

edit on 9-5-2012 by cavrac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Personally I do not trust any voting results that use the electronic voting systems.

The system have been proven over and over again to be a rigged program,

I believe in checks and balances, and when you have an electronic system that we are forced to use, with no paper trail of actual votes, who would be able to tell if the program was tampered with.

I believe that votes should be counted by hand with representing people from both sides making sure that they are being counted correctly. Fraud is so easy these days it is sickening.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

And.... you supported him, hahaha

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The one group that has the most to fear from Ron Paul is .....

The Democrats, especially the ultra far Left !

A lot of people on the Left have put more effort into "defusing" Paul than Romney !

One real wild theory is that the Left is actually behind much of the Paul bashing and possible vote manipulations.

Think about it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

I have seen posts from you in every recent Ron Paul thread that I have read on this site, and all of your posts try to paint Ron Paul and his supporters in a negative light or your posts are gloating over Ron Paul not doing well in the Primaries, like the OP of this thread.

The OP gives facts about the recent primaries.

The fact is that Romney did very well and Ron Paul didn't...that isn't gloating...that is just presenting facts.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I went to vote today. Nothing but old people in line. I guess this is where Romney pulls the biggest vote. Rank and file Republicans that follow marching orders from establishment GOP.

Yes, that is exactly where Romney gets most of his support.

Do you think their vote should count for less than yours or any others?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

I've said many times there is no right or wrong in politics

Now I understand why you are not a Ron Paul supporter

Would you like to expand on that statement???

Do you believe there is a clear "right" and "wrong" in politics? And I'm assuming that you think the only "right" choice is supporting Ron Paul???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Personally I do not trust any voting results that use the electronic voting systems.

The system have been proven over and over again to be a rigged program,

I believe in checks and balances, and when you have an electronic system that we are forced to use, with no paper trail of actual votes, who would be able to tell if the program was tampered with.

I believe that votes should be counted by hand with representing people from both sides making sure that they are being counted correctly. Fraud is so easy these days it is sickening.

You do realize they moved to electronic voting because there were cries of fraud in counting paper ballots....right???

There is no perfect method...but to see conspiracy only because the person you support doesn't win isn't very logical.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Exactly right. You vote for the person you like. That's what we're supposed to do. I wouldn't vote for Paul because I don't like him, nor do I trust him... I've not made any secret of it, either. But if people, like yourself, want to vote for him? Hey, that's what elections/primaries are for.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's a thought for those of you who support Ron Paul...

It's fairly obvious that barring a miracle of the Parting of the Red Sea variety, Romney is going to win the nomination... Shouldn't Ron Paul begin to mend fences with Romney? Perhaps in an effort to get on the ticket as the VP?

Now I doubt Romney is going to select him, but there have been weirder choices for VP...

The VP has enormous influence behind the scenes in the White House... He should, at the very least, think about it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I think Paul should start mending fences with the RNC in general if he wants a speaking role at the convention. They are not happy with his strategy and the last thing they want is what will look like a divided convention.

I could very easily see the RNC snubbing Ron Paul as payback for what he has done in the Caucus States.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The one group that has the most to fear from Ron Paul is .....

The Democrats, especially the ultra far Left !

A lot of people on the Left have put more effort into "defusing" Paul than Romney !

One real wild theory is that the Left is actually behind much of the Paul bashing and possible vote manipulations.

Think about it.

Actually I disagree it seems to me that the Ron Paul people are the Obama people from 2008. At least on this site. I have asked this question too, and it has gone unanswered by the Ron Paul crowd. Isn't the definition of sheep, the people who get easily swayed to back one political viewpoint over the other without hearing debate from the other side?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by seagull

I think Paul should start mending fences with the RNC in general if he wants a speaking role at the convention. They are not happy with his strategy and the last thing they want is what will look like a divided convention.

I could very easily see the RNC snubbing Ron Paul as payback for what he has done in the Caucus States.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I want Ron Paul to retire at the convention so I can shove it in all of these people's faces. It's very likely I'll be working there myself! So I can witness it live!

But seriously, he should have more power within the party system. Having a handful of noisy supporters is not enough to win...anything!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OKS why do you skip over the real facts.
Please address my post.
You really are on a rant today.

Indiana Voter turnout was more about getting rid of Lugar. Overall voter turnout was 13.76 percent Romney got 65% out of 13. 76% North Carolina Voter turnout was more about the ban on gay marriage. Voter turnout was strong in Tuesday's primary elections, with about 34 percent of the state's registered voters So Romney got 66% of 34% West Virginia Turnout from Tuesday's primary election was 27.72 percent Romney got 70% of 27.72% of registered republican voters . Sorry I don't see over whelming support when the real numbers don't even give Romney 25% of registered republican voters in any state primary, and we're not even counting all republican voters or Independents or even democrats. All three primarys, delegates are awarded Proportionally.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
OKS why do you skip over the real facts.
Please address my post.
You really are on a rant today.

Indiana Voter turnout was more about getting rid of Lugar. Overall voter turnout was 13.76 percent Romney got 65% out of 13. 76% North Carolina Voter turnout was more about the ban on gay marriage. Voter turnout was strong in Tuesday's primary elections, with about 34 percent of the state's registered voters So Romney got 66% of 34% West Virginia Turnout from Tuesday's primary election was 27.72 percent Romney got 70% of 27.72% of registered republican voters . Sorry I don't see over whelming support when the real numbers don't even give Romney 25% of registered republican voters in any state primary, and we're not even counting all republican voters or Independents or even democrats. All three primarys, delegates are awarded Proportionally.

So if your big claim is that Romney got less than 25% support of registered republicans in any state....how much support did Ron Paul get???

Your argument is so illogical it is hard to respond to.

The simple fact is that Ron Paul supporters have said since the beginning, "Just wait until it is down to Romney and Paul...then you will see who the real winner is in primaries"....well here it is...and Ron Paul got trounced soundly.

The sad thing is that Ron Paul supporters can't even bring themselves to acknowledge reality.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Interesting, especially coming from you.

I have to say that I am guessing there were some voters who supported R.P and would like him to win but in the voting booth-all alone-they got to thinking. "I want to beat Obama and the best way-right now- to do that is....."

It is the only way I can explain how everyone talks R.P but Romney keeps winning.

(Same thing with Gay marriage voting. In the public "Heck yea I support men marrying men, women marrying women") But when they get in the voting booth their common sense and conscience make them vote otherwise.

IMO.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You go Outkast, I can't give you stars fast enough, hahaha.

These Ron Paul supporters are being tricked by Ron Paul into thinking he can win when all along all he planned to do was steal delegates to gain a percieved leverage within the Party.

My bet is on Ron Paul wanting to blackmail the GOP into placing Rand Paul as VP or he will make the convention a smelly rotten place to be. That is what I think his long term goal was from way back but imo it will backfire and leave him and his son out on the doorstep for good.

On FoxNews yesterday they listed 6 people suspected to be on a short list for the VP slot, Rand Paul was at the bottom of that list which confirmed my suspicions. Why would Rand Paul be floated out there when his father is the candidate running now? Seems like they are softening up the public to the GOP options for VP.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
LOL, LOL and LOL at this poster and his thread. That will be all.. carry on

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Isn't the definition of sheep, the people who get easily swayed to back one political viewpoint over the other without hearing debate from the other side?

Actually, I thought it referred to people who actually believe in the political circus. People who believe any party is different than another, that voting will make a difference, that the President isn't a pre-determined, paid for puppet.
One would think, that by virtue of being an ATS member, one would be aware of such things.

I amuse myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join