Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

May 8th Primaries...Romney sweeps

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I keep hearing the race isn't over...but then why aren't people interested in the remaining primary contests?

There were three tonight...Romney won overwhelmingly in all of them.

www.cnn.com...

Indiana 99% reporting, Romney projected to win:
Romney - 65%
Paul - 15%
Santorum - 13%
Gingrich - 6%

North Carolina 99% reporting, Romney projected to win:
Romney - 66%
Paul - 11%
Santorum - 10%
Gingrich - 8%

West Virginia 67% reporting, Romney projected to win:
Romney - 70%
Santorum - 12%
Paul - 11%
Gingrich - 6%



In a previous thread of mine, I showed how Ron Paul would have to win 60% of the remaining primaries for him to have a chance of stopping Romney from getting the needed delegates to win the nomination...he isn't off to a good start...he can barely beat Santorum who isn't even campaigning anymore.


I think everyone knows the primary is over...but I thought since there is a group on ATS that thinks otherwise, they would want to see the results.



+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I voted for Ron Paul, I do not care how much little chance he has I do not want to tell people in the future I voted for some guy that sent your 18 year old off to die in Iran for the benefit of the zionists or that the reason you don't have a job is because we outsourced it to India
edit on 093131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 08 May 2012 21:21:24 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Cool stats Outkast. Whats the "bound" delegates for those States?? And doesnt next the discussion become "can they Vote to Unbind the delegates, Not vote at all the first round".

I dont think these Primarys really matter anymore as there are deeper things going on right now in the GOP including in the States you mention.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Those are vote tallies not the same as number of delegates. Wait until delegates are elected and you'll see some very different numbers.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL
 


I'm glad you got out and voted for who you support...everyone should do the same if they truly support someone. I don't like when people vote against someone, but I do support everyone voting for who they support regardless if I support the same person or not.


May I ask what you think of these results???



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Let's talk about the real numbers once we have them.
In the meantime, these primaries do not worry me.

If Romney was to pull off California and Texas, there would be cause for worry.
What are the chances of that?

I worked for and voted for Ron Paul today and I will continue to support
the message as long as it takes.


Even til you wake up, OS.
edit on 5/8/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


I really cannot say much of the results except that from the looks of it ron did not win with a caveat. We do not know how the votes were counted, were they open counts in public? or secret hidden counts which I get suspicious of.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
First of all , you dont sweep primaries, you sweep delegates, those things that MATTER. The ONLY time a vote matters is when its a state take all DELEGATES for winning the state primary. even then those delegates dont even have to vote for romney, they can sit out, then vote for Paul, the winner, ALSO, we DO NOT BELEIVE ANYTHING the media says,, You shouldnt either because they will manipulate your mind.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The 2012 elections will be two rapists making sure you know what is going to happen.

Here is to 4 more years of more having less than they had before.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Cool stats Outkast. Whats the "bound" delegates for those States?? And doesnt next the discussion become "can they Vote to Unbind the delegates, Not vote at all the first round".

I dont think these Primarys really matter anymore as there are deeper things going on right now in the GOP including in the States you mention.


It's quite easy to look up.

www.thegreenpapers.com...

Tuesday 8 May 2012: 28 of West Virginia's 31 delegates to the Republican National Convention are elected in the West Virginia Presidential Primary. Each delegate candidate is individually listed on the ballot along with their presidential preference. The candidates receiving the most votes in each contest is elected.

9 district delegates (3 delegates are elected in each of the state's 3 Congressional Districts).
19 at-large delegates (10 at-large plus 9 bonus) are elected statewide.
In addition, 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the West Virginia's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unpledged delegates by virtue of their position.


www.thegreenpapers.com...

Tuesday 8 May 2012: 27 of Indiana's 46 delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's Indiana Presidential Primary.

27 district delegates are to be allocated to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 9 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in that district will receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates. [Rule 9-29]


www.thegreenpapers.com...

Tuesday 8 May 2012 (tentative): 52 of North Carolina's 55 delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders based on the results of the voting in today's North Carolina Primary.

The State Chairman shall allocate Delegate positions between the Candidates accurately reflecting the division of votes in the statewide primary. Each person nominated as a Delegate at either the District or State Convention must have publicly declared as a representative of a Candidate on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot prior to the election of Delegates to the National Convention. [North Carolina Republican Party Plan of Organization. ARTICLE VII. F.] [North Carolina General Statutes, specifically Section 163-213.8]
The "Uncommitted" position, not being a candidate, might not receive any delegates.
The 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the North Carolina's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unbound delegates by virtue of their position.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Those are vote tallies not the same as number of delegates. Wait until delegates are elected and you'll see some very different numbers.


These aren't Caucuses...they are primaries so there is not a way for Paul to play the games he has in Nevada, Iowa, or the other Caucus states.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Let's talk about the real numbers once we have them. In the meantime, these primaries do not worry me.

If Romney was to pull off California and Texas, there would be cause for worry. What are the chances of that?

I worked for and voted for Ron Paul today and I will continue to support the message as long as it takes.


Even til you wake up, OS.
edit on 5/8/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)


These are real numbers...if you worked for the campaing in one of these states you should know that these numbers are pretty final in these states.

Why do you think these aren't the "real" numbers in any of these states...the only one that doesn't show the entire picture is because Indiana because they will choose 16 more at the state convention.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanx for the info OutKast. Good News for Romney! Bad News for Paul. I am not hearing any conspiracies this time around...It's funny but this isn't even on the front page of google news.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
First of all , you dont sweep primaries, you sweep delegates, those things that MATTER. The ONLY time a vote matters is when its a state take all DELEGATES for winning the state primary. even then those delegates dont even have to vote for romney, they can sit out, then vote for Paul, the winner, ALSO, we DO NOT BELEIVE ANYTHING the media says,, You shouldnt either because they will manipulate your mind.



Sweep has no hard definition


But Romney did win every avaialble delegate up for grabs today in Indian and North Carolina....55 in total. West Virginia's 28 are still not allocated.


Let's stick to the facts and reality here people...this was a bad night for Ron Paul...can you even admit that much???



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Despite what you may have heard from the mainstream media, Mitt Romney does not have the Republican nomination locked up. In fact, he is rapidly losing delegates that almost everyone assumed that he already had in the bag. To understand why this is happening, you have to understand the delegate selection process.

Each state has different rules for selecting delegates to the Republican national convention, and in many states the “voting” done by the public does not determine the allocation of delegates to particular candidates at all. And the truth is that delegates are the only thing that really matters in this race. In state after state, the Ron Paul campaign is focusing on the delegate selection process with laser-like precision, and it is paying off big time.

At this point, there is still a legitimate chance that Ron Paul will be able to win enough delegates to deny Mitt Romney the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican national convention in Tampa. If Romney does not have the 1,144 delegates that he needs on the first ballot, then it becomes a brokered convention and anything becomes possible at that point.



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
These are real numbers...if you worked for the campaing in one of these states you should know that these numbers are pretty final in these states.


I'm talking about Romney hitting the "magic number". At this point, it's inevitable that Paul will at least get a speaking spot at the convention. The rest we will have to see.


Why do you think these aren't the "real" numbers in any of these states...the only one that doesn't show the entire picture is because Indiana because they will choose 16 more at the state convention.


Also, I live in Indiana.
edit on 5/8/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Sweep has no hard definition


But Romney did win every avaialble delegate up for grabs today in Indian and North Carolina....55 in total. West Virginia's 28 are still not allocated.


Let's stick to the facts and reality here people...this was a bad night for Ron Paul...can you even admit that much???


I did actually get one Ron Paul supporter to admit he was wrong, these people have bigger egos than Newt Gingrich and he stayed in the race for a month after he was broke!



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


we know how they want to play that game..




and we all now know how Iowa went..



we all can see the tricks of the trade..



constantly...



so your assertion that no one is interested is presumptuous at best.....

and blank blankety blank blank at the least...

now...

with all that has transpired..

do your really think the Ron Paul supporters

would bow down to your little thread here & yield?




"thats it, OutKast Searcher quoted CNN tonight... they all agree Ron Paul lost, pack it up"







posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Thanx for the info OutKast. Good News for Romney! Bad News for Paul. I am not hearing any conspiracies this time around...It's funny but this isn't even on the front page of google news.


maybe thats because they have put their collective foot

in their mouth

and had to make

to many retractions...



posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Thanx for the info OutKast. Good News for Romney! Bad News for Paul. I am not hearing any conspiracies this time around...It's funny but this isn't even on the front page of google news.


Well to be fair Romney is not even bothering to campaign anymore for the primaries and was off in Michigan working towards the election. I have no idea if Paul is still campaigning or not although the fact his numbers are coming at the same level as people who have quit the race I have to assume he has also stopped. What is their really to cover.





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join