It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court: Illinois cannot enforce ban on recording police officers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How exciting! I'm going to buy an awesome 1080p camcorder and hit the streets! Its time to start making documentaries and pointing fingers. As far as them following this ruling, start printing out the PDF files of the court case and article, and if anyone has a problem just give them a copy. It would be a good idea to start sending this ruling to local police stations to.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Are you seriously saying that you have held back your 1st amendment rights because you were too afraid of the cops arresting you? Well let's hope you have some documentary worth ideas at least then

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Now all we need is for the cops to stop
enforcing the law.
Just because the Supreme Court has a "finding" the cops can still arrest you.

Have fun spending 3-4 days in Cook County waiting for bail "to process".

And while you may have charges dropped eventually, they have your bail, your time, and your prints.

Courts are just as much a joke as Law Enforcement now-a-days.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

i am known as sovereignrights and i feal your pain about the police thinking they can do what they want to when they want to i am liveing proof of this matter i live in barre vermont and the police came into mine and my brother's home with out a warrent and with out knocking on our door and asked me to sign paper's and i said no i can not do that because i am not of your goverment and that we are free sovereign's on the land and that we are part of the republic of the free state of vermont and of the united states of amarica and that we are not subject to your law's in the defacto goverment and then the two police that where there started geting all puffed up and mad and violated our 1 st amendment rights they slamed my brother on the counter and cuffed him and hauled him off and then the sargent pulled his tazer and pointed it in my face and his side kick cop partner then pulled his side arm and put it in to the back of my neck then slamed my face into the window all this violance because i was not going to sign his paperwork and when i got to the jail i asked for pictures to be taken and was refused now what kind of freedom is this in our saposed free country these police are geting out of hand real fast like they own the darn country i do a lot of reserach and if we dont stand up fast for our rights we wont have them and if you dont understand what i am trying to say pl feal free to google rex 84 and you will see for your self what i am talking about

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is good. I know of one town where the police are turning off their dash cams while on duty so they don't have to worry about their actions being recorded.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The illinoiscorruption.net has issued an informational video and a press release, to help the media and the general public in the upcoming oral argument at the Illinois Supreme Court hearing in Annabel Melongo’s eavesdropping case. The hearing is scheduled for January 14th, 2014, at the 18th floor of the Michael A. Bilandic Building, 160 N. LaSalle Street, Chicago at 9.30 am.

Video: www.illinoiscorruption.net...
Press Release: www.illinoiscorruption.net...

Please support this cause. The Illinois Eavesdropping law at its very core creates a two-class legal system wherein the conversations of the powerful and well-connected are protected to the detriment of the less powerful. The upcoming oral argument presents a unique opportunity for the common citizen to re-establish that legal balance that will unequivocally establish a right to record public officials in their public duties.

Therefore, please contribute to this all-important hearing by either attending it, writing about it, spreading the word or just forwarding the below video and press release to anybody who might be of any help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join