It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: Time to consider safe zones and arming the opposition in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Kerry: Time to consider safe zones and arming the opposition in Syria

The United States needs to do more to protect civilians in Syria, including considering setting up safe zones inside Syria and potentially arming the opposition, Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman John Kerry (D-MA) told The Cable in an interview Tuesday.

Kerry also warned that if the balance of power is not tilted in Syria in the opposition's favor, it's unlikely that President Bashar al-Assad will step down. A political transition that sees Assad removed from power remains the goal, he said, but the United States must step up its efforts to make that goal a realit

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

What is this?

What?

One of the most vocal critic's of Bush's War screaming interventionsim in Syria!

Yeah Kerry arming the civilians? Meaning the Muslim Brotherhood did not learn a damn thing from Afghanistan in the 80's have we?

Take a good look at the Neocons who call themselves liberals.

blah

edit on 8-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Mo bases, Mo bases, No Basis.

John Kerry is used to losing.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I agree. Most 'liberals' are in favour of drone strikes.

The worst 'liberals' are not people like Kerry though. The worst 'liberals' are all those morons that stamped their feet the whole time Bush was in but now they cheer Obama for the same things. Anyone that votes for Obama must be insane .

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
IMO Syria is a SERIOUS staging ground for WWIII. What does Kerry mean by involving himself in this way through the msm? I would like to know more about where he gets his ideas and which drive his intention.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
More to this story folks:

Pentagon Defends Buying From Russia Trader Aiding Assad

The Pentagon must pay Russia’s state- run arms trader to provide helicopters for Afghanistan’s air force even though the company also been has supplying Syrian President Bashar al-Assad with weapons to kill his own people, according to the Defense Department’s top policy official.

www.bloomberg.com...

The current government is the most corrupt inept administration even making Bush look like a saint.

So let's get this straight the want to arm the rebels like they did in Libya and they did in Egypt and now they want to do the same thing in Syria.

Wow just wow!

edit on 8-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This war in Syria is supposed to be a civil war is it not? What place has the US or anyone else got in taking sides.

One gets the very strong impression here that as far as the US and its allies are concerned only one particular side is supposed to win.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I thought today how can American politicians not be worried that china basically has veto power over American foreign affairs considering our projected debt levels, and them being a key investor.

But then I realize yes china will have that debt burden leverage over us but we also have built an equally as powerful safeguard. I don't think many on here would disagree that "we" will take out Assad in Syria and eventually Iran will be bombed. When this comes to pass America will control all the oil heading eastward from Lybia to India as anything in between has been invaded or is friendly. The Chinese can't survive without that oil.

I think our politicians know this very well. Unless we are going to pack up and bring all our troops home worldwide (which is smart but ain't gonna happen) I guess it's good we have some sort of leverage?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Just goes to show, Progressives are all about staying out of wars, till it serves their purpose, then suddenly we are supposed to interfere in other nation's business. Hillary is now in the business of telling other countries how to behave. And the Obama admin is also in the business of having UN bureaucrats be involved in telling people what to do.

Looking at the track record of the involvement of this admin in foreign affairs, it is likely for the purpose of aiding leftists and communists. Communists and Totalitarians are rising up everywhere these uprisings take place.
edit on 9-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Is that the reason this admin is sponsoring the joint training session with Russian soldiers this month in Colorado?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Kerry is an idiot, we have to stop arming people who can come back to
bite us later on. Very stupid

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Just goes to show, Progressives are all about staying out of wars, till it serves their purpose, then suddenly we are supposed to interfere in other nation's business. Hillary is now in the business of telling other countries how to behave. And the Obama admin is also in the business of having UN bureaucrats be involved in telling people what to do.

Looking at the track record of the involvement of this admin in foreign affairs, it is likely for the purpose of aiding leftists and communists. Communists and Totalitarians are rising up everywhere these uprisings take place.
edit on 9-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

those are PINOs

Progressives in name only

I think Progressives should stick to the principle that the progressive base champions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That i do not know i did read about those joint exercises with Russia but if it's tied to this

your guess is as good as mine.

new topics

top topics

join