It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top DOJ Officials Were Obama Bundlers with Wall Street Ties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Unprecedented: Top DOJ Officials Were Obama Bundlers with Wall Street Ties
Breitbart
by Peter Schweizer & Wynton Hall

Four of the top officials at the Department of Justice were all big money fundraisers for President Obama’s 2008 campaign with strong ties to Wall Street—the very entity the Obama Administration has said must be criminally prosecuted for bringing about the biggest financial crisis in U.S. history.

It looks like we may have a reason for the U.S. DOJ not ever filing charges against top financial people that May Have committed crimes.

Four top DOJ officials were fundraisers for Obama in 2008 ??

One of these four is Eric Holder himself !!

This could also be one reason for their "Ascension" to the DOJ.

This may help explain the seemingly "pick & choose" agenda of the DOJ

The Fabulous Four

Attorney General Eric Holder: formerly of Covington & Burling law firm, in 2008 Holder himself represented big banks such as UBS and MBNA Bank. Holder was Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign co-chairman and raised $50,000 for the president’s campaign.

Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli: a managing partner at Jenner and Block law firm, whose clients include Merrill Lynch, Perrelli stepped down from his number-three position at DOJ in March. A former member of Obama’s National Campaign Finance Committee, Perrelli bundled $500,000 in campaign contributions.

Deputy Associate Attorney General Karol Mason: Karol Mason of Alston & Bird previously chaired the firm’s public finance group. She also bundled $500,000 for Obama. Holder awarded her a “Distinguished Service Award” for her work at the Department of Justice. Now, after almost three years at the Department of Justice, she has returned to Alston & Bird to work on their real estate finance and capital markets group.

Associate Attorney General Tony West: West was a partner at Morrison and Foerster law firm, whose clients include MF Global, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America. West was also co-chairman of Obama’s campaign and, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, “was instrumental in helping the candidate raise an estimated $65 million in California.” Formerly the head of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division, West is now number three at the DOJ and bundled $500,000 for the president’s campaign.

Despite Holder and Obama’s “get tough” rhetoric against Wall Street, to date, there has not been a single criminal charge filed by the federal government against any top executive of the elite financial institutions.

The article is suggesting that this connection is unprecedented

In the age of presidential bundling, staffing the Department of Justice’s top brass with big money fundraisers is unprecedented.

Related Thread
Obama's DOJ And Wall Street: Too Big For Jail?

Conflict of Interest Exemplified ??

How can we trust our own Dept of "Justice" anymore ?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bigger Question:

How can we sure these four as well as any others, are qualified to serve the best interests of the United States ?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Bigger Question:

How can we sure these four as well as any others, are qualified to serve the best interests of the United States ?

Rather a moot point, as we already know that they're not in any way serving the best interests of the US or its people. Or, more to the point: WE the people....
edit on 5/8/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The only interests being served are those of the Obama administration the peasants be damned.

Also this makes him seriously hypocrticitial going after all those "fat cats" in Wall Street,

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Looks like breitbart.com is finally catching up to what Occupy knew and was talking about several months ago. Are they getting their news from Occupy sites now? Maybe I should start reading their blogs...not.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Breitbart lies!
Breitbart lies!
Breitbart lies!

edit on 8-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Looks like breitbart.com is finally catching up to what Occupy knew and was talking about several months ago. Are they getting their news from Occupy sites now? Maybe I should start reading their blogs...not.

I could never find any sources that expose the "corruption in detail" on the #Occupy sites.

Maybe they need a news outlet ?

Or do they have one already ?

Keep in mind also that the Breitbart stories are from many different authors and have many different subjects.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's hilarious that I can name your source without even having to read the thread anymore.

I think we start a petition to consider Breitbart a HOAX website.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It's hilarious that I can name your source without even having to read the thread anymore.

You are saying the story is completely false and these four people are innocent of the accusations ?

I think everyone would Love to see proof of That !!

Some credibility may be in question ?

Strange too is that we seldom hear from the officials when they are called out for corruption !!

Is Holder denying this ?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

you might find it interesting that the investigations of the AGs of many states were halted to form a federal investigation task force, to investigate the criminal robosigning at a federal level, as well as other RICO offences.

thing is so far after a month there is only offices and desks,
NO STAFF

how come the savings and loans scandal had a thousand investigators,
and the 2008 financial crissis is an order of magnitude bigger and only has three people in ti?

the DOJ has a duty of office and an oath of office to uphold,
why is there more officers investigating KIM DOT COM that the biggest financial crissis in history?

who is protecting the bankers?

xploder
edit on 8-5-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

of topic ad hom attack?
you bring the sites credability into question without questioning the substence of the article?

do you always take the side of the admin?
do you always take the most antagonistic angle?

do you understand that people are losing their homes while we wait ?

you are unbelivably disingenious and or uneducated as to how bad things really are.

the DOJ is staffed with fund raisers who raise funds from wall street,
holders old law firm is a wall street favourite,
his ex clients are wall street,
he will return to wall street after his term as DOJ

do you ever use facts or is it just attacks?

dont bother answering i already know the questions were retorical

xploder

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Since when is opensecrets.org a "hoax site" ?

Pretty clear around here who doesn't read the source material.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I'm well aware breitbart.com has many different bloggers.

I could never find any sources that expose the "corruption in detail" on the #Occupy sites.

Honestly I was thinking this was one of the threads you wrote yesterday, sorry, my bad for glancing.
Was Occupy talking about what's in your OP? No. But the basics? 100% since the beginning starting with "Banks got bailed out, we got sold out" And who sold us out? Obama and his administration. Of course it goes beyond banks but it's impossible to link months of conversation shared news links twitter facebook etc...

ETA a thread I did recently.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The proof is right in your article.

Just because you work at a law firm who's client list includes a finacial firm does not mean you have "Wall Street Ties".

The burden of proof isn't on me...it is on you guys to show these people have true ties to wall street...not just that they worked at a law firm that has many clients and one of them is a wall street firm.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

well this is positive news,
i take it back

The principal reduction offers from Bank of America Home Loans are the result of a $25 billion settlement agreement earlier this year with 49 state attorneys general as well as federal authorities who had been investigating allegations of abuses over the handling of foreclosures.

“To the extent principal reduction and other modification tools help us turn mortgages headed for possible foreclosure into long-term performing loans, it will be positive for homeowners,

this still doesntt excuse the criminality involved but at least some people are seeing thier homes saved,

america is americans in their homes not banks with empty houses

xploder

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Come On.

www.opensecrets.org follow the link and free your mind.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I see why they don't like Tony West.

www.fiercebiotech.com...

No one has spoken more Big Pharma names at press conferences than Tony West. The assistant attorney general, appointed by President Obama, has been aggressively prosecuting healthcare fraud, wielding the False Claims Act against a variety of drugmakers. For two years in a row--2010 and 2011--the Department of Justice racked up record volumes of FCA settlements, most of them with pharmaceutical companies. In 2010, $2.5 billion of the $3 billion in FCA deals came from Big Pharma, and in 2011, drugmakers accounted for $2.2 billion of the $3 billion total.

That focus isn't going to shift anytime soon, either, In November, West told the Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Compliance Congress that healthcare fraud in the pharmaceutical industry is the DoJ's "most significant enforcement work, both civilly and criminally." He mentioned the department's $422 million settlement with Novartis, which involved off-label marketing of the epilepsy drug Trileptal, and the $2.3 billion drug-marketing deal with Pfizer and its subsidiary Pharmacia & Upjohn, which pleaded guilty to a felony charge.

But marketing violations are not West's only preferred targets. He's also going after drug-manufacturing failures: Consider the $3 billion GlaxoSmithKline settlement, which involved marketing violations and manufacturing shortfalls; or Ranbaxy Laboratories' recent deal, a "groundbreaking" arrangement with sanctions that transcended international borders. And West is still threatening action against individual drug-company executives under the Park doctrine, which allows responsible corporate officers to be held liable for their companies' misbehavior.

Read more: Tony West - The 25 most influential people in biopharma today - FierceBiotech www.fiercebiotech.com...
Subscribe: www.fiercebiotech.com...

Good work on picking this guy Mr. Obama! He is doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

It's actually not good news except in the sense of setting legal precedence. The dollar figure only amounts to 2,000 dollars per person involved. Not enough to do much with really considering all involved illegally lost their homes.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Heres why they don't like Thomas J. Perrelli.

www.washingtonpost.com...

He hit BP with large fines.

Firm numbers were hard to come by, but some sources said that the private plaintiffs group and the Justice Department were each seeking more than $25 billion in civil claims. If the Justice Department decides to file criminal charges, that would be a separate trial.

He also hit the banks with large fines.

Any settlement by the Justice Department could have political impact if voters see it as not large enough given the size of the spill and of BP, still one of the world’s biggest oil giants. The associate attorney general in charge of negotiations, Thomas J. Perrelli, also oversaw talks that led to the recent $26 billion foreclosure abuse settlement with major banks. Perrelli, a law school acquaintance of President Obama, is leaving the department March 9 after three years as its No. 3 official.

And his history is not with banks. Its with the recording industry.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jenner & BlockBefore joining the Obama administration, Perelli was managing partner of Jenner & Block's Washington office, Co-Chair of the firm's Entertainment and New Media Practice, and a member of the firm's Appellate and Supreme Court, Class Action Litigation, Health Care Law, Intellectual Property, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Media and First Amendment, and Telecommunications Practices. He was also a member of the firm's Management Committee. Perrelli concentrated his practice on copyright, media, and constitutional litigation, as well as complex litigation with a public policy or regulatory component. The National Law Journal once listed him among the nation's 40 most promising lawyers under 40 for exhibiting "extraordinary achievements" in his career.

Perrelli regularly represented the recording industry in intellectual property, technology, and anti-copyright-infringement litigation. He has represented the recording industry in a host of cases arising under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), as well as in copyright infringement and digital piracy litigation. Since his return to Jenner and Block in 2001, Perrelli has also represented Democratic voters and elected officials in redistricting litigation arising out of the 2000 Census.

He represented Michael Schiavo (2003–2005) and won for him the right to terminate his wife's life support.[2]

Perrelli was previously an associate at Jenner & Block from 1992 to 1997.

So good job Mr Obama om picking Thomas J. Perrelli. But the fines for the banks and BP were to low. And Mr Perrelli you guys are starting to go to far with the copy right crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join