It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16-year-old diabetic blames TSA for breaking her insulin pump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
16-year-old diabetic blames TSA for breaking her insulin pump

I know we're all sick of hearing about the madness at TSA, but this one is weird. Read the article.

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes four years ago, the Colorado teenager says TSA screeners forced her to go through a full-body scanner in Salt Lake City last week, breaking her $10,000 insulin pump in the process.

"TSA screeners forced her to go through a full-body scanner". I've flown a lot recently, and every single time I opt out of the body scanners and receive a pat down. I've never had an issue with this. They even tell you you're allowed to opt out.

So what bothers me about this the most is, are we now seeing an end to opt-out and pat down procedure? I knid of figured it was coming, and now with the new high tech underwear bombs we found thanks to our CIA informant, how long till the screeners are mandatory?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

BINGO!!!! That's what the false flag episode was crafted to do!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They're also looking for "body bombs" .
They've talked about implants (breasts and butts), and bombs that could be swallowed.
Squeezing body parts, and cavity searches won't find bombs that can be in the stomach.

They were discussing this on one of the US news stations earlier today. I can't remember if I was watching Fox or CNN.

If they're going to force everyone through those machines every time they fly, watch cancer rates rise....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Ah yes. Good old Abdullah Hassan al-Asiri. His brother, master bomb maker Khalid al-Asiri inserted a bomb into his, uh, body. Abdullah tried to assassinate Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, and very nearly succeeded.

I wonder, placing a bomb in one's orifices, would that violate the Quran some how? Seems like everything else does.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting. I am a type 1, and I have an insulin pump. A Medtronic Revel, it has a built in disconnect, for bathing, swimming, or other activities where the device may get in the way.

I am not familiar with her device, so I do not know if her's has a quick-disconnect / suspend function like mine does. Tho I would think it does, as a matter of design, and ease of use.

I am curious if she asked to remove her device or not. Considering the manual for these devices indicated we must remove them before any sort of MRI / CAT scan, as it will damage the device.

For those unfamiliar with insulin pump design:

This is an external device that is the size of a pager, that attaches to our bodies via a adhesive patch with a tiny cannula (3mm - 5mm) that breaches just under the skin, administering the insulin subcutaneously, which connects to tubing, up to the device / reservoir that contains the 100 - 300 units of insulin.

The quick disconnect would be at the patch / cannula area, so the tubing could be kept with the insulin pump, reservoir. or perhaps mid-supply line.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

join