It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda underwear bomber 'was US double agent'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda underwear bomber

www.bbc.co.uk

Reports from the US say the would-be suicide attacker in a foiled "underwear bomb" plot was in fact a double agent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Lmao, this is comical. I just wanna know what the C.I.A. said to him, "here's a bomb, you are al-qaeda today, you will be famous and have many virgins" lol.

So anyone still believe al-qaeda exists outwith the U.S. governments own imagination?

"US intelligence learned last month that militants with al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in Yemen planned to attack a plane with a more sophisticated version of a bomb hidden in a passenger's underwear, similar to one used in a failed 2009 attempt, Associated Press news agency reported."

Utter codswollop.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
funny how ATS knew that from day one
guess they are going to have to up the ante now that tired old scam has worn thin

sorrow in advance for the next batch of victims

FBI analysts are now studying the device.

from the link in the OP
talk about gazing up the back of your own underwear
edit on 8-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
funny how ATS knew that from day one
guess they are going to have to up the ante now that tired old scam has worn thin

sorrow in advance for the next batch of victims

from the link in the OP
talk about gazing up the back of your own underwear

Hey, these guys aren't only limited to talking through their backsides

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So the article says this device would have been hard to detect even with the increased security checks? Seriously, at this point the TSA might as well have you strip down naked in line so you can board your plane. This is like when we sold guns to the mexican cartels so we could prove they were dangerous...everyday Canada looks better and better to me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
nice sentiment Jen
But I betcha Harper can't wait to wear those cute little latex gloves too

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you buy this story, then the question begs asking, why are we hearing about it and who leaked it?
edit on 8/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I find it weird that the mainstream media would report on this

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I guess now would be a good time to fly somewhere "they" would not try a stunt like that again to garner support for an illegal war guess the only thing left for TPTB is the fake aliens

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
News items like this make me take two decisions:

a) Never fly a US airline

b) Fly only little known airlines like Portugal or Beligum Airways type, when traveling to and from the US.

$100 or so extra in cost is still better price to pay then become a AQ statstic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Clearly, this shows additional funding is necessary in order to be able to examine those terrorist-popular strategic regions in much higher detail. I mean, who knows, that suspiscious fellow may have more than a stick of dynamite lurking in his pants.

I do remember the rather unusual details regarding the underwear bomber's encounter and the alleged witness, his attorney. I don't recall if any of the details were verified one way or the other.

Pat downs pfff - maybe they want a little more than '2nd base'!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
the mainstream is reporting this because the claim is the double agent convinced the alCIAduh he wanted to bomb a plane and so alCIADUH gave him a bomb

in the OP notice the "trainers" now being installed in Yemen?
this is an excuse for escalation in that regard looks like

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When you want a groom a new champion you have to get your win count up.

'Failed plots' will get Obama a few more votes.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Reports from the US say the would-be suicide attacker in a foiled "underwear bomb" plot was in fact a double agent.

Over the period of decades that I have kept up with current events... including the antics of our CIA, this has to be a high point. In times past, this double agent would have destroyed himself in a ladies room at a Greyhound station while trying to find his zipper through his pantyhose...

Hat tip to the agency IF this is true. I am impressed...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
its the norm to set these false flags up
remember 777 where the busses in the drill all magically REALLY blew up?

LOFTUS: Right, Aswat is believed to be the mastermind of all the bombings in London.

JERRICK: On 7/7 and 7/21, this is the guy we think.

LOFTUS: This is the guy, and what's really embarrassing is that the entire British police are out chasing him, and one wing of the British government, MI6 or the British Secret Service, has been hiding him. And this has been a real source of contention between the CIA, the Justice Department, and Britain.

JERRICK: MI6 has been hiding him. Are you saying that he has been working for them?

LOFTUS: Oh I'm not saying it. This is what the Muslim sheik said in an interview in a British newspaper back in 2001.

JERRICK: So he's a double agent, or was?

LOFTUS: He's a double agent.

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
They find people that have "a predisposition to cause harm", and induce/facilitate their actions. In essence they "prop up" people who are already close to the edge and make headlines out of it to further an agenda.
edit on 8-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A lot of us including myself called that one and hit right on the money

link   
This is absolutely classic. The US sends in a "double-agent" to solicit and entrap people who would not have been otherwise capable of pulling off the attack. Then they foil the plot, and publicize it as a victory in the war on terror. This routine is so old I cannot believe they continue to use it and get away with it. Yet another example of manufacturing terror for the purpose of controlling public opinion and forwarding self-serving agendas.

link   
But one should really be concerned about is not necessarily the underwear bomb, but the:

Rectum Bomb.

I just figure that Al Qaeda business meetings have to be the funniest of all the world's terror organizations. I can't even believe this is discussed.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
what ever you do
don't eat mexican before you fly
oh wait...

<<   2  3 >>

join