It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a creature? Or a thing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, that just amazes me. I saw the pics of similar creatures that some others had posted (thank you very much BTW), and although I'm not all that surprised that something like this exists, it still amazes me the endless variation to nature. Reminds me of a giant oversize bacteria

S+F

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This thing actually returned when it got passed the pipeline...WTF is this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
looks like it might be found here
jellieszone.com...

a gelatinous sea creature at a depth where pressure is flattening it out some
not necessarily a jelly fish, there are quite a few variations on the theme

edit on 8-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

some nice photos there
like this one
Heteropod (Class Gastropoda)
Carinaria japonica
wrobelphoto.com...

It's a gelatinous enigmatus, a type of jellyfish, yes indeed that is what it is, which by any other name is still a very interesting creature!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It looks like this from the James Cameron ridge dive, after 24 minutes in,

www.youtube.com...

The lighting is much better.

Good catch.

Big differemce between industrial cameras and lighting and Hollywood cameras and lighting.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's a whale's placenta. This is a repost from reddit: www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I finally figured out what bothered me so much about this little beastie. The Blob! I grew up on movies like the original (we.. original color version :p ) Blob and more. The killer ants were good for at least a nightmare or two and I still stomp them a little harder than necessary.

Yes, that was it. The more soft, smooth, slow and harmless something appears, the more I know it contains a hidden way to kill me! The friendlier it looks, the more inventive the new method for killing the human must be!
A lifetime of movies has taught me this, so it must be true!

In all seriousness, I think that actually IS what I reacted to, after thinking about. Oh, not that it would really morph into a man eating red blob from hell, but the depth of that being ingrained by the culture is something to really stop and consider some times.... Now, I can sit back and agree... That IS a truly wondrous creature. I wonder what it takes like on a BBQ?

C'mon, I'm American! You didn't think it wouldn't ocurr to one of us to make Sushi out of the new lifeform just to say we were the first did ya? (Hides in hole with good supply of carrots...and thinks this may be awhile before it's safe to reappear)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Deepstaria enigmatica.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The first thing I thought was Hedorah from Godzilla vs The Smog Monster.
I think it started off small too.
And with all that radiation in Japan......

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I wonder what it tastes like with some rice and a little wassabi?

KIDDING

Seriously, that's one big organism at 5000 feet. Looks like it uses itself as a net to scoop up food. Nice find, I wonder if it's been cataloged yet?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I finally figured out what bothered me so much about this little beastie. The Blob! I grew up on movies like the original (we.. original color version :p ) Blob and more. The killer ants were good for at least a nightmare or two and I still stomp them a little harder than necessary.

In all seriousness, I think that actually IS what I reacted to, after thinking about. Oh, not that it would really morph into a man eating red blob from hell, but the depth of that being ingrained by the culture is something to really stop and consider some times.... Now, I can sit back and agree... That IS a truly wondrous creature. I wonder what it takes like on a BBQ?

C'mon, I'm American! You didn't think it wouldn't ocurr to one of us to make Sushi out of the new lifeform just to say we were the first did ya? (Hides in hole with good supply of carrots...and thinks this may be awhile before it's safe to reappear)

One of Steve McQeen's R.I.P. early roles, still it wasn't to often a B movie was in colour

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is a great thread ..But it looks like a Heteropod to me whatever it is ..Is very hypnotic to watch float around..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
species-identification.org

I think it's a known animal, though I've never heard of it before. Definitely some of the weirdest stuff I've seen in a while.

And people call me crazy for not wanting to go in or travel over the ocean.
edit on 9-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Deepstaria Enigmatica or Jews ear jelly.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Kill it kill it kill it

Seriously looks like nothing I have seen before. Hexagonal shape on it's skin was weird. Looked man made meh.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Name: Aisha's Hymen
Primary constituents: Adam's rib
(Source: Mohammed)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
whale placenta?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
See? That is what you get. Throw a million barrels of corexit in the ocean and cook it with all those becquerels of radiation again. And see what happens next time. Yeah. Go swimming at the beach now. I dare you.

What I also think... this could be a mutant creature. This looks like a cross between jellyfish and some sort of flat algae.

THe suggestion itself is scary... does this mean some type of grey goo has been generated?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepainweaver
whale placenta?

Placenta moving by itself? Not.

And have you seen the hexagonal grid in the tissue of that thing? This is weird.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I honestly think there could be alien life already on Earth. About 100 tons of dust and debris comes down EveryDay from space. It would not surprise me at all if something had landed in our oceans. Not a fully developed alien, [but, why not?] but DNA hitch hiking on a meteorite, that could have developed over time. Our oceans are so vast and we know so little. This is weird, never seen anything like it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Up until the 4:00 something time line, I thought it possibly a fitted silk bed sheet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join