It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a creature? Or a thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
See? That is what you get. Throw a million barrels of corexit in the ocean and cook it with all those becquerels of radiation again. And see what happens next time. Yeah. Go swimming at the beach now. I dare you.

Feeling the same way emberscott.. I was thinking a radiaited sea creature of some kind maybe 3rd generation modified after GOM spill. Looks strange imagine what else is growing down there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Hanar diplomat, enough said

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ummmm, If you go to the You Tube link, it says that it is a Deepstaria Enigmatica. I googled that just to check & it looks like that is exactly what it is. Definitely an interesting video & creature.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The only problem I have with this thread here is the way people keep calling jellies jellyfish. They are not fish and the only thing they have in common with fish is they live in the ocean! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's either a moose, an elephant, or a jellyfish...At least in my opinion. Most likely a jellyfish, but maybe an elephant...A small one...That is missing most of its elephant parts, and by some freak process of evolution has grown jellyfish parts. This means that it probably spent most of its time on land, and then gradually assimilated into a water lifestyle. Don't ask me how it happened, because I am not a biolologist, or a marine...Just a genius really. Everyone tells me that I'm special, and I believe them.

For #$%%# sake, it's a freakin' jellyfish. Haha, maybe not, but definitely of the same family...Or genus. Jellyfish-like. I cannot say I am well-versed in jellyfish identification, but I have seen pictures of similar creatures, and I know that there are a butt-load of different forms of jellyfish. Some that even glow in the dark. Ya, I know....IN THE DARK!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If anyone can find it there was a thread a few months ago that showed a creature wihtin a blue bucket expanding and contracting. It was said to of been found at sea and was labeled in the video as a shapeshifter found out at sea. This looks like it did but just expanded. Also where was this filmed?
edit on 5/9/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm going with a Deepstaria Enigmatica.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Life is so bizziare it's really hard to tell what alien life will look like but I would guess it will be very similar to this. Probably in the waters of Europa right now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Interesting I never seen anything like it, I know I wouldn't want to be in the water with the over size water bug.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
The only problem I have with this thread here is the way people keep calling jellies jellyfish.

Jellyfish

Besides, this creature doesn't have the features of a jellyfish (which we all know is not a fish just like a mongoose is not a goose etc.).

Fish, fish, fish!

edit on 9/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Originally posted by jeantherapy
The only problem I have with this thread here is the way people keep calling jellies jellyfish.

Jellyfish

Besides, this creature doesn't have the features of a jellyfish (which we all know is not a fish just like a mongoose is not a goose etc.).

Fish, fish, fish!

edit on 9/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

I know some zoologists that are also somewhat annoyed by this labeling, and they would be proud of me right now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrBullcrap

Mutant is what I was thinking. If shrimp have been severely affected by the toxins in the BP spill then why can't jelly fish also be deformed. It looks like a shorted-out jelly fish.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
looks like hexxus to me from ferngully

"the oil monster"

also links nicely to all the oil spills

edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Got to go with some sort of jelly fish or a whale placenta membrane thingy. To lazy to search on what exactly it could be but its an interesting capture on film, of whatever it is.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
on another website they are calling it Deepstaria enigmatica a cnidaria.
definitely a strange looking thing haha

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It looks like this from the James Cameron ridge dive, after 24 minutes in,

www.youtube.com...

The lighting is much better.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I thought it looked like beef tripe // but i like your theory better ..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Looks like this thing hit the news and various experts are weighing in.
Looks like they are all saying its the Deepstaria Enigmatica as a few had suggested

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
Looks like this thing hit the news and various experts are weighing in.
Looks like they are all saying its the Deepstaria Enigmatica as a few had suggested

Bummer, I was close, Deepstaria Enigmatica and Elysia chlorotica are both gastropods!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I think you pegged it. Movement looks the same. What threw me off was the brown color of the creature; it looked a lot like crude.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join