It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a creature? Or a thing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Gald Force flex trash bags have this internal nylon mesh that sort a looks like the subject in the video. Albeit been at sea for a while. Look at the "patterns" on some portions of the video. Remind anyone of this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Reminded sure, but a lot of biological formations occur that are similar too.. from muscle layering to stomach lining to scales.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Looks biological to me - the movement it demonstrates might be flowing with the water currents and therefore does look a little odd. The hexagonal 'scales' look very interesting, almost like a magnified layer of skin cells?

It doesn't have tentacles etc like a jellyfish, but the inside structure does look similar to one.

My guess is a species of jellyfish blown inside out by the currents exposing its bits!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This site labels it a Deepstaria Enigmatica.

Whatever it is, it looks very cool and first time I've seen such a beautiful creature.

Picture from the link. The patterns seem to be a close match.

edit on 9-5-2012 by JustBreathe11 because: added pic

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Shapeshifter Alien Being! Where in the world was this being found?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I watched this and after a good close look it reminds me of placenta, maybe from a whale. The hexagonal structure makes sense to allow for expansion.
The "Organs" are more likely for the amniotic fluid and blood/oxygen to pass into it.
As for the movements, that look more like interferance from the ROV. Notice how the heads up display changes and shows only 360 degree movement? The right hand side displays depth at 5000 ish.

The last section was made to look like the organism made a nose dive when actually I think the ROV made a rapid climb.

But..........I could be very wrong.
Interesting.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is fascinating, but I'm with the posters who suggested super cooled oil being wafted about by the camera, could be why the controller spent so much time analysing it. I don't know enough on the subject to explain the hexagon shapes, but all you need to do is look at the Giants Causeway to know nature can make these things.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Weird & mesmerizing at the same time, I couldnt stop watching whatever it is. Would also be interested in knowing the size, where. Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBullcrap
Maybe a mutant from the poisons?

Absolutely no.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
See? That is what you get. Throw a million barrels of corexit in the ocean and cook it with all those becquerels of radiation again. And see what happens next time. Yeah. Go swimming at the beach now. I dare you.

reply to post by emberscott

Eventually something like Cloverfield is going to come crawling out of those foul depths:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That is one weird looking creature!
I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that but I do think it is some type of organism.

I came across this article on Eukaryotic Cilia and Flagella

Eukaryotes are those organisms whose cells possess certain characteristics such as a
membrane-bound nucleus. This includes animals, plants, fungi and protoctistans. Prokaryotes (bacteria
and archaebacteria) have very different motility mechanisms, which may utilise flagella that operate on
very different principles; to see prokaryotic motility devices click here.

cronodon.com...

If you scroll down the page just abit you see several diagrams, one that has green dots on it and some of the other diagrams just below to the right show it's movement patterns.

I might be waay off but that is the closest thing I have found online so far that fits with what was in the video.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
its a blanket monster

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
IMNBHO - 100% natural sea creature.

First thought was gelled (jellified) oil slick but then I saw the organic patterns of normal creatures. Second thought was an organic patterned sheet floating in the water - but - there were no ends or corners or straight edges. Third thought was a sheet of algae - but - as the movie progressed you see the creature is self-willed (can move as desired), and a blob of internal/external organs. Finally, at the end you see a feeding or sexual organ and it's pattern.

Cool video OP! Thank you for showing us stuff we don't get to see everyday. That makes a day special.

edit on 9/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

it looks like the swim bladder of a marine animal i have seen one of these one time before but this one is almost fully entact this is an uncommon occurence but it does happen

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's worth asking ourselves if the movement seen in the video is the result of the current (ie. fish guts) or intelligent decision-making (ie. squid/jellyfish/deep see versions of those two with different names).

Reminds me of those creatures you see in the coffeetable book based off the Planet Earth series.
edit on 9-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First, I thought it was jellyfish, then an octopus, then you don't want to know
, then a slinky satin sheet. This thing has me confused. Totally cool though. In a way, it also looks to be showing off for the camera. Like wth...........

Maybe this thing shoots in the sky like an orb, looks as bright enough to be able to do that.

OMG just flabbergasted and amazed.

Then at the end it makes it's itself look like Medulla oblongata??? WTF......
edit on 9-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like my magic carpet , I lost last summer above the Mediterranean sea . Its trying to get home to me ..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My only thing is that I wish there was some way to better tell scale. If we knew how large the thing was it would help narrow it down a bunch. it could be anything from 30 feet to 4 feet in size. I noticed that the depth said 5000 n something so that would make it really dark. How far do the lights penetrate? the water there. could we get some sort of specs on that? Then maybe we could make a guestimation of it's size.

To me I say swim bladder or placenta. favoring placenta or maybe even intestinal or stomach lining. One idea I had when looking at the round jelly a poster had put up a picture of (deepstar inigmatus) was could it be one of those dead and torn open to like a sheet and fluttering around.

Whatever it was looks to me like it was following the natural currents and could possibly be inanimate.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I would hazard to guess this is yet another creation which GOD has made to confound the wise.

OR

It may be some plastic stretched over some chichen wire. Just a hoax to fool a gullable public.

Well, take your pick. OR it may be something in-between

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that what you've found there is an adolescent Blob.

Cool video, it definitely looks self-propelled versus something just drifting in the current. One thing I do know with absolute certainty is that, never in a million years, would you get me to touch that thing with my bare hands lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join