It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in the hell do people think about others before they think about themselves? ‘The listeners’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Their’s a special group of people in the world, a special group of people that never ever think about themselves, but go far out the universe to give a shoulder for tears and an ear for listening.

What is wrong with theses people?

Theses people have been there for every body, from the sister to the mother, to the boyfriend and his problems, your best friend and there problems, co workers problems, every problems in the world comes straight to you as if your God, as if, what you say is law…‘but it is law‘….because these special breed of human’ listeners’ are not easy to find, not at all.

The sad thing about these super listeners’ of the universe, is that…they them selves have no one to listen to there problems, theses listeners’ go through life, always depending on themselves because they them selves have the curse of never finding a listener, never finding a shoulder for your tears, and never finding an ear for your voice.

‘Coming to a an Ear Near You’
‘The listeners’

Do you fit in the category of these special breed of humans?

edit on 8-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Why in the hell do people think about others before they think about themselves?

I believe "selflessness" is the path Jesus spoke about...

Some choose that path, others find it pointless...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Why in the hell do people think about others before they think about themselves?

Do you know the bible real good Akragon,it actaually has this in it?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by Akragon

Do you know the bible real good Akragon,it actaually has this in it?

Sure does...

This is my favorite passage in the whole book...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Can you explain to me the importance of lazarus or lazzurus in the bible,please!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

His story makes the reader fear hell... and damnation

I don't buy it...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You are acting like caring for one another is some kind of special trait, I can't really understand your line of thinking... There are people who are highly empathetic and always put others in front of themselves, I believe most people do this only to different extents... Then there are psychopaths who don't or can't understand what it's like to be in someone elses shoes or even care....... I feel bad because you believe this isn't an ingrained human trait among us......

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I understand what you mean, OP.

Sometimes, when I'm having a parent-teacher conference, the parents share everything. They talk about divorce, financial problems, legal concerns, custody issues and more. I cant begin to count how many times a conference has ended with me trying to calm a sobbing parent

It's almost like they need the release of talking. I don't really give advice, unless asked, but that's not what they want. The just want to know someone understands and cares. So I listen, and let them know they aren't alone.

But the other side....the need to share, to unburden myself, that's harder. I keep a journal and that helps somewhat.

If you were to do a formal survey of the professions of these altruistic folks, I'd think you'd find a lot of teachers, religious ministers (every religion), social workers, nurses. There's almost a sense of calling, so to speak.

S&F

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Can you explain to me the importance of lazarus or lazzurus in the bible,please!

Actually... i was refering to Lukes version of the story in my previous reply

Johns story is quite different....

i believe the purpose of this story was to incite belief that Jesus was the son of God...

I suppose i should have asked which one you were refering to

edit on 8-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Such people need to join www.coda.org...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

There is a subset of the individuals you describe as "listeners" who give, give, give because they do not, in their core, value themselves worthy of receiving the love and attention they so eagerly offer. For this group, finding the path to discovering their own divinity, as truly equal to others, is quite the challenge.

IMO when one truly understands how divinely special and unique we ALL are, then from that place of understanding, emotional support, love and compassion can be given without measure.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I listen to people and I don't share my stuff with anyone because I know no one cares.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
I listen to people and I don't share my stuff with anyone because I know no one cares.

After laughing and crying and holding my stomach for several minutes..its the truth and thats the pooint,you will rarly find some one that does care...and 'still laughing'.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

After laughing and crying and holding my stomach for several minutes..its the truth and thats the pooint,you will rarly find some one that does care...and 'still laughing'.

I don't see anything funny about this at all TBH. My question to you is, when is the last time you actually reached out to someone for some help? or do you expect them to look at you and just think you need help? When was the last time someone asked you for help, and did you help them? I am really interested in hearing these answers...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Do you fit in the category of these special breed of humans?

No, I do not.

While I am there for others, I always take care of myself first. If I am broken, I'm worthless to you. I have to be my #1 priority, as I am no one elses priority whatsoever.

I learned this the hard way....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You can care to varying degrees depending on how much a person means to you, but even if they do mean a lot to you, you can't allow yourself to become an emotional codependent to someone else. Because then you will rob yourself of the ability of self caring, and living vicariously through the lives of others, turning your own life in to a hollow shell.

On the other end of the spectrum, not caring about others is a narcissistic personality disorder.

Balance is everything.

Of course I find myself at time wondering why I care about the LastProphet527. Then I look back and remember I let him grow on me after he trolled me relentlessly on another site and accepted him as a very unique internet personality.

Don't let internet personalities grow on you... get dish TV.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Sorry, that's Direct TV.

Everything that happens is a result of linked events connected all the way back to the singularity like falling dominos falling down for 13.75 billion years in a maze of interlinked domino paths that crisscross each other like a spiderweb. Therefore freewill is an illusion. Personal decisions are made due to influences and knowledge gained throughout life along with opportunities afforded to individuals in ones life. That takes energy that is also all linked to a singularity.

We need to wake up. The Universe is a recording and everything in it is predetermined. So why listen to what I have to say? Because you should care.

edit on 9-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: the dang video didn't work.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I care. I care so much that sometimes, lots of times, it hurts.

I was at a friend's house when the news station showed the video of a group of terrorists preparing to behead a man. I had to lock myself in the bathroom for about ten minutes and just have at it. Why? Because I could feel what he felt, what his family felt, even what the terrorists felt. No, not like some kind of paranormal event, but it was real. And all that pain, that fear, that hatred....I knew that man would never receive justice. Nothing could balance the scales. For him, and his family, it was game over.

I'm sure lots of folks would consider me a nut or at the very least an idiot for caring about others. But as painful as it can be, I wouldn't change things. Its the pain that acts as the catalyst for compassion. Its the pain that allows me to understand what others are going through. Its the pain that causes me to be the person that I am.

So yeah, from a purely egotistical standpoint, it sucks for me. But if you examine it from a larger scale, what a blessing.

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think this is what used to be called manners, common courtesy and repect for others.

Unfortunately it's a dying art, it should be on the curriculum in schools.

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Well here in America common courtesy is apart of any civics course...... that use to be taught in American schools until Europe borrowed all America's money and decided not to pay it back. So now here in America there is no more money, because Europe spent it all, school budgets have to be gutted, which means, no more civics.

Btw your signature is a really slanted depressing view of humanity. What a card stacked video. I think the person who made the vids needs a healthy dose of Ayn Rand.

It's not your fault though that you view humanity in such a light, it's what you were taught in the UK, negativity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join