It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained road construction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

And I notice that you are from the great state of "Cyberspace"...just teasing a point.
Don't get your feathers ruffled.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Exactly. No construction here.

Have you tried every link they have here?: www.dotd.louisiana.gov...

Seems like a lot is going on down there.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Give em a fake name and number....see what you get with that. Just make sure you write it down before giving it to them in-case they ask you to repeat it.

I've been everywhere from Navy Seal bases, to Submarine bases and even Army and Marine Corps bases. We take it VERY serious when anyone is doing any sort of research into the perimeter or what buildings might be what. Some cases you can't avoid, but if we catch you taking pictures or asking questions, and we can get to you in time or catch you on camera...yes. You will be getting a visit from us.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yep. I did go there and check everything related to Lake Charles as well as ! 210, and because it didn't list the job when so many others were listed, I got more inquisitive.

Pause... That was me double checking that site again.

Does any of this not seem odd? Maybe it's just me. More than likely, it's all something very simple. We'll see sooner or later what they are for I suppose.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mechcb

Yeah, I get that. I lived only a few miles from Eglin AFB for years. Lots of military friends. Worked with EOD instructors and Navy Seals. Father-away-from-home was a full bird. Security was tight and very well understood.

This is Nothing like that. This is
" Hey, what's going on guys?
Nothing...Who are you and what is your phone # and why are you asking?"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles
reply to post by wirefly

Oh no sorry I wasnt trying to be mean, I believe you pay tax dollars and deserve to know what they are doing with them as far as constrution in your area I was just trying to say maybe if you gave them the information they wanted they would have felt better about telling you.

asking you your name and number, addy things like that would be normal questions to me.
edit on 8-5-2012 by jenlovesturtles because: (no reason given)

I agree, I probably would have gotten the info. Maybe it's because I can't express the tone of the responses. It just struck me weird. That's all. Good night all and thanks for all of the replies. I'll try to remember to update this thread with pics when the job is finished.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Theres a lot of people here trying to discredit any type of info that is questionable. Its a shame.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
oops wrong thread.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sounds like they are for traffic alerts.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
someone please look-up the official explanation for the two miles on southbound 121 starting near custer rd.
that's in the nnta...north texas tollway asomething....owned by a saudi arabia company....
why are there eight of them ...one every quarter mile.....big camera poles with multiple equipment

I'm from Mckinney, TX. They turned the 121 in to a tollway.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I now drive an OshKosh concrete truck and for the last 6 months my fellow drivers and I have been replacing nearly ALL the concrete bases for signage along the Rt 84 corridor in Connecticut. They are replacing many of the signs with electronic alert signs and moving some of them to better allow travelers to get lane change and route change info for exits.so they can make those lane changes a bit faster and safer! Not sure about Tx, but that's why they are doing it here!

Zindo

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hey thanks for actually answering my question instead of giving me a hard time about why I'm a bad guy for expecting a little anonymity.
That actually sounds about right. Some are in close proximity to other signs. That's what threw me, couldn't understand why they would be so close to the original.
I still wonder why I couldn't find the contract for the work on the DOT list. Oh well. Thanks ZindoDoone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join