It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed to cut funding to states with self defense laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Disabled folks like me should just bend over and take it I suppose?
"Wait a minute Mr. Mugger! Legally, I have to turn my wheelchair around and run away.
Can you give me a 5 minute head start so I don't get in trouble with the law?"

Delusional, feel-good politics at it again.
Care to bet many will support this simply because it's called the Trayvon Amendment?
We all know how the PATRIOT Act worked out, don't we?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So then states that have a stand your ground law should just withhold money going to the fed like federal income tax.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

A lot of disabled folks are getting fed funding (or the benefits of) one way or another funneled through their states and towns.

So I guess, if you benefit from the funding, you have a choice to make: defense of self or funds.

Gotta love the altruism of government. Just looking out for the little guy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

House to vote on [color=DEDEDE]'Trayvon Ammendment'

Fed to cut funding to states with self defense laws,
I can't see how the two topics are related to one another.
What does Trayvon have to do with self-defense?

[color=E3FFF8]As far as I'm concerned, 'Self-Defense' is impossible, when taking into consideration that the events leading up to the confrontation, began with; exiting a vehicle with a loaded weapon, with the sole intention being to chase and/or follow someone, and all of which occurring on someone else's property.

That is straight up 'Offense'. There is nothing defensive about it.

edit on 5/9/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

An incident never has to have anything to do with legislation proposed in the name of that incident. You just need the idiot public to attach the emotional baggage of the incident to the legislation.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm not sure how putting money into social security for 35 years qualifies as Federal funding.
I thought it was my money actually.
You're right though - a good deal of money for disability programs aside from SS are funded by Federal funds which they ultimately extorted from the localities it's going back t0 (minus a small "surcharge" and maybe S&H fee
)
edit on 9-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You just need the idiot public to attach the emotional baggage of the incident to the legislation.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

That sums it up perfectly!

edit on 9-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'll never understand the need to protect the criminals and not the people.

Sure, criminals have rights, but there's a difference between exercising rights and having special protections.

It may be just stuff to you guys, but a lot of that stuff is very expensive and hard to buy these days, and some of it is personal. It's very hard to replace personal stuff.

We can't hurt them? Well why not, they are threatening my family with a whole lot of potential harm to them.

It's a bunch of horse patties.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

We can't hurt them? Well why not, they are threatening my family with a whole lot of potential harm to them.

Maybe that's why we cant hurt them.

Government makes it's entire livelihood by threatening your family with a whole lot of potential to harm.

If people get it into their heads that they can use force to prevent that harm and answer those threats against petty street thugs it'll only be a matter of time before the spotlight gets shown onto the government threats.

Cant have that happen. No, no no. So the continue to beat the "let us do it" drum with their force on sanctified "only ones" who are here to arrive 15 minutes after the fact and tackle videographers for recording their bad behavior.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
let them. we'll withhold federal funds from them. it can go both ways.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
let them. we'll withhold federal funds from them. it can go both ways.

It can but it wont.

What you're willing to do is irrelevant. It's what your state government and governor is willing to do and refusing federal funding is political suicide. Even in the most anti-fed states.

If the people of any state were so opposed to federal funding that a politician could get away with refusing to accept it states would have been cutting out of the extortion/funding cycle long ago before such rampant dependence as we live with today ever caught on.

Any state that has ever accepted any federal funding is party to a crime. Those funds came into being under threats and coercion. If you're profiting from extortion why would you flip on the mob boss? Especially when the entity you would flip to and testify for is the biggest boss of the whole racket.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
dems withdraw trayvon amendment

So apparently the immediate mobilization of people getting angry has stopped this for now.... We must now be vigilant for it's return. Because just like the terminator this will be back.

People what we're doing in this thread is the cornerstone of protecting american democracy. We must consistently and CONSTANTLY be on guard for these attempted affronts to our liberties and when they show up we must FIGHT in the only way left to us, for now, by shedding light on the idiocy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by roguetechie

Nice!

Like herpes it's bound to flare up again sooner or later though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
So then states that have a stand your ground law should just withhold money going to the fed like federal income tax.

Unfortunately the state politicians are just as corrupt and spineless as the feds and addicted to federal money even in the states that passed 10th amendment resolutions. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk. And the people are to apathetic to vote their local and state politicians out and vote in those who will protect their rights. This is why local Sheriffs offices will not protect their people against Federal Alphabet agencies from harrasing them and eating out their substance they are also addicted to federal bribes...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
MAN this infuriates me.

The numbers for murder have increased, no. But the population has.

In 2002, population was 5,441,125
In 2010, population was 6,413,158

In 2002, the number of Murders in AZ was 383, up from the previous year.
In 2010, there were 354. Less murders with a million-body increase in population.

Now keep in mind, that the stand-your-ground laws do not ONLY include protecting yourself from murder, but from all violent crime. Theft, rape, assault, etc... Factor it all in... Let me give you the data.

PRIOR TO SYGL 2005:
MURDER RAPE AG. ASSAULT Vehicle Theft
2001 369 1,378 16,075 47,702
2002 383 1,581 19,635 56,654
2003 435 1,805 18,119 56,017
2004 411 1,849 18,285 54,215
2005 441 1,716 18,573 53,219

SYGL EFFECTIVE

2006 462 1,909 19,356 53,787
2007 464 1,797 17,858 47,250
2008 404 1,654 17,047 36,923
2009 322 1,631 15,430 36,870
2010 354 1,374 15,074 20,251

STATISTICS COMPILED FROM GOVERNMENT RECORDS:
www.azdps.gov...

Anyone else see the trend? I figure 2006, people were saving for firearms, training, receiving instruction, and seeing how the new law played out. But this is data from the ARIZONA .GOV WEBSITE.

In 2010, five years AFTER the SYG Laws went into effect, all of the above categories decreased, CONSIDERABLY... even factoring in the massive increase in population. After 2006, the numbers started dropping like a rock. As far as MURDER goes, the numbers are impressive. But look at the RAPES, MOTOR VEHICLE THEFTS, and AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. Anyone of those could have been a murder. ANY ONE OF THEM.

Makes me sick listening to politicians give half-truths to fulfill their agenda, instead of handing you all the facts. By the numbers, the Stand Your Ground Laws are working.

Unfortunately, the number of Law Enforcement personel that have died from 'gunfire' has increased. From 2002-2005, 6 gunfire deaths were reported. From 2006-2010, 7 gunfire deaths reported. An increase in population of over 1 million in a ten-year expanse. Only 1 more officer died, and nearly all violent crime has declined. ALL violent crime declined on the per-capita basis. Drastically.

I think this post deserves it's own thread. What politicians say vs. the truth.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Arrowmancer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Awesome. More extortion? How can anyone not laugh at this?

It's so obviously extortion that I can't help but shake my head and laugh at the depravity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That is exactly what I thought this was all about. So it was a black op operation, and the goal is to make it unneccessary to have guns for self defense since they cant take your guns constitutionally but they think they can take your right to self defense and hence the need for arming yourself away.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wish i was Potus i would restore the second amendment to its original purpose to have the welled armed sheep contesting the stupidity of those two wolves fighting over us.

Government stupidity grab more power more control over something that is already illegal

and guess what?

Not going to save people from becoming victims but it is going to create a lot of new ones.

Laws have never once stopped or prevent any crime the only thing they do is clean up after the fact.

For those who seek to make the Americans only means of defense a 9-11 call you are TRAITORS!

A quote I leave you to ponder:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear." — Marcus Tullius Cicero

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Did a MOD just close a MODs thread?... I'm in awe, can't believe they turned on their own.

I'm sick of the Amendment name already. Give me a break.

Sorry this kid was into drugs and dealt them out. He is no Icon with a baby face, and no Amendment should be named after him. Period.

Glad to see the Amendment got shut down. Ridiculous.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So, I guess it's safe to say the criminals have won. I mean we can't have the poor little criminals/thugs fearing for their lives when they attack someone or break into someones home now can we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join