It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Ayers Calls on Students to ‘Act’ and Join Him in ‘Driving Out NATO’ From Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"I want you to come to Chicago in mid-May and join us to help drive NATO out of the city. Would you please come? May 20th. The Iraq veterans are leading it, but we’re going to try to get NATO to leave the city, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel is just determined to put us all in jail. So if you want to hang out longer and have a longer conversation…um, much longer, come to Chicago."

Theblaze.com

It is important for us to remember in this regard that the opposite of moral is not immoral– the opposite of immoral is indifferent. It’s not paying attention. And so Mary Oliver says ‘pay attention,’ and then she says, ‘be astonished.’ And I love that because it’s astonishing, not only the things I was just saying, the kind of unearned suffering, the undeserved pain, that’s astonishing. But also the beauty and the ecstasy and the joy is astonishing. So, be astonished at all of it. And then tell about it, or in my vocabulary, do something.

This is also interesting, and something I heard him mention in the video about the Iraq war vets leading the march on May 20th. The heading is below, then a snip from the article and of course the link.

Vets to return service medals to NATO commanders at May 20 anti-war protest

Fightbacknews.com

Chicago, IL - A press conference was held here, April 23, with the Reverend Jesse Jackson, trade union leaders and ministers, along with Iraq Veterans Against the War, to announce support for the protest against NATO on May 20 in Chicago. The Reverend Jackson has agreed to speak at the May 20 rally, which will be held at noon at Petrillo Band Shell in Grant Park, and then he’ll help lead the march to McCormick Place, where the war-makers will be meeting. Jackson compared the significance of May 20 to the historic civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i'll be there.
whoelse wants to come with?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wonder.... Will he be planning to LEAD his followers into the teeth of what amounts to the full force of the World security structure? ..Or will he lead from the rear and lurk around the shadows like he did while planting pipe bombs and home-made claymore mines to kill cops in the 60's?

If he shows the conviction of his beliefs and the personal courage to physically lead by placing himself in the front ranks...when it MATTERS...not for the pre-protest photo op...then I might grant him some grudging respect. I still hate this man far more than I ever have Obama...but respect for that he would earn. I couldn't take that away.

If he doesn't?? He's another windbag throwing good people out to take the abuse he considers necessary to his agenda. Just like every other Politician and two-bit self styled leader of resistance the world over. Almost none of them really me "WE". They mean "YOU" while "WE" watch and supervise from a long distance back.

Lets see which position Billy takes the second time he goes for the establishment.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If the authorities aren't completely prepared to deal with this loon, then they don't want to be and they aren't on purpose. Of course, this is Chicago, one of the most corrupt cities on Earth. This guy has literally gotten away with murder in the past. One of his most famous quotes is, "Guilty as hell and free as a bird. What a great country!" commenting on the dropping of charges on him. What he deserves is solitary confinement in a dark hole at best. I wish the worst for him and his ilk.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Obama's ol buddy Ayers?
oh goody, now students are terrorist alqaida too.
bet the TSA can't wait to get their hands down those hot pants

like they used to do when the peace demonstrators discovered a warhawk in thier midsts trying to set them up to do a crime with the feds jus a waitin for em.

kneel and point
edit on 8-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That idiot has the wrong target again, after all these years.

They should be at the UN.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It seems like a trap of some sort to me.
I doubt Bill Ayers will end up in jail........but the people he encourages to do his bidding, well that's another story.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ayers is an OBam shill. (I put the OB like a tampon.)

Its a trap! LOL!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Ayers is an OBam shill. (I put the OB like a tampon.)

Its a trap! LOL!

Are you sure Ayers is an Obama Shill?

and not...Obama is an Ayers Shill?

It's interesting when one stops to think just who was a radical 'community organizer' first by quite a large margin. Ayers was an oooold expert at this when Obama was just an idealistic kid. Between the two, Ayers is the more concerning one to watch. He actually is a proven leader in terms of the skills to make it work.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
For those who are unfamiliar with Bill Ayers:

Bill Ayers

After the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion in 1970, in which Weatherman member Ted Gold, Ayers' close friend Terry Robbins, and Ayers' girlfriend, Diana Oughton were killed when a nail bomb being assembled in the house exploded, Ayers and several associates evaded pursuit by US law enforcement officials. Kathy Boudin and Cathy Wilkerson survived the blast. Ayers was not facing criminal charges at the time, but the federal government later filed charges against him.[4] Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Department headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and the Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Ayers writes:

Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt.

Those "itsy-bitsy" bombs have killed people though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

he's wearing his green commie cap too! He just can't help himself outpicturing his own stereotype.

top topics

join