It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused of $11 Million Christian Ponzi Scheme by SEC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this, please move if deemed necessary.

"We're going to show you how to get wealth and use it for the building of his kingdom," Taylor shouted to the congregation one morning in 2009. It was all part of what he called his "Building Wealth Tour," which crisscrossed the country touting his investments and financial advice.

But according to the Securities and Exchange Commission, what Taylor was actually peddling was a giant Ponzi scheme, one aimed to "swindle over $11 million, primarily from African-American churchgoers," that reached into churches nationwide, from Long's megachurch in Atlanta to Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church congregation in Houston.
You gotta love the influence of the word of god. Alright, now that I have taken my cheap shot at religion. I know evil people come from all walks of life, and no one is immune from taking advantage of people if given the right opportunity. Although I'm not religious, I find taking advantage of someone by using their belief system as the primary tool is the lowest of lows. EDIT: OOPS forgot the linkSOURCE
edit on 8-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Although I'm not religious, I find taking advantage of someone by using their belief system as the primary tool is the lowest of lows.

I thought that was the whole idea.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Although I'm not religious, I find taking advantage of someone by using their belief system as the primary tool is the lowest of lows.

I thought that was the whole idea.

This I do not doubt, but ask any person with a religious affiliation and most would deny it to the bitter end. I do believe there are some who try to use it for good. But those people are few and far between.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I do believe good intentions paved the road to hell, so-to-speak.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wonder what percentage Eddie Long and Joel Osteen were supposed to get?
You know they didn't go along with it for free. They're running their own scams on the christians.

new topics

top topics

join