It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman is Hispanic, not White

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why does the media use old pictures of Zimmerman when talking about him and the Trayvon Martin case? That is because, in older pictures, Zimmerman looks white. But in newer pictures, he looks Hispanic. Apparently, the media also alters the pictures to make him look white.

Let me show you.

Now do a Google image search on "Zimmerman" and tell me that he looks white to you.

The motives for this are obvious - the media is so desperate to portray a race war on blacks, that they are making up stories now.

Here is a link to another thread that talks about the same topic.

edit on 8-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

While I don't doubt the intentions of the MSM, I think Zimmerman looks Hispanic in both pictures. Of course, beyond looks, the name Zimmerman doesn't sound too Hispanic, does it?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
whats his last name origin? Israeli? Jewish??

en.wikipedia.org...

genealogy.about.com...

Surname Origin: German, Jewish

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Beating a dead horse

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sigh. I believe we've been over this before. Hispanic is white.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
He associates himself as white.... and guess who gives a flyin [SNIP] Not me
edit on 5/8/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Do not evade the censors

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I know 2nd generation hispanics who consider themselves "white." Some go as far as being anti-hispanic. The odd thing, I'm hispanic too, 2nd generation and i'm whiter than they are yet I honestly don't give a dang about anyone's skin color or national origin...why can't others do the same?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm Hispanic and I do not consider myself White... I Have never met anyone here in New York that is Hispanic who consider themselves white. They may look white but are proud to say their Hispanic. Zimmerman has always looked Hispanic to me. I understand if you Hispanic whose background is from European/Spain.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Are we still on the Zimmerman topic?

*yawn* next!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Sigh. I believe we've been over this before. Hispanic is white.

I've got to disagree. Whenever you hear about racially-motivated attacks on 'whites', or those going out with the intent of beating 'whites' - how often are the victims mexican or hispanic? Granted, perhaps all the racially-motivated attacks on mexicans as result of anger at white people are just swept under the rug.

Sure, you can make a technical argument based on 'race' - but that kind of intellectual elitism fails when comes to real world examples.

Now, I think you probably understand the OP's actual point, so did you have anything else to add?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
I'm Hispanic and I do not consider myself White... I Have never met anyone here in New York that is Hispanic who consider themselves white. They may look white but are proud to say their Hispanic. Zimmerman has always looked Hispanic to me. I understand if you Hispanic whose background is from European/Spain.

THANK YOU for your input here, as some quibble about definitions instead of what people actually THINK and how they BEHAVE in the real world on this topic.

Apologies for the caps, but the "hispanics ARE white" thing always gets on my nerves since it utterly - and apparently intentionally - misses the obvious point.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The OP's actual point was pointless.

Regardless of race, he committed cold-blooded murder. Any issues of race are purely for the purpose of starting a race war or some such nonsense. This is a moot thread.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

he committed cold-blooded murder.

Bull crap!!

Cold blooded murder, and what proof
other then your emotions do you have of this?

All the evidence points to self defense

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The OP's actual point was pointless.

Regardless of race, he committed cold-blooded murder. Any issues of race are purely for the purpose of starting a race war or some such nonsense. This is a moot thread.

I have yet to bother with forming a solid opinion on the case as it's merely another sad example to me, but I'll disagree with you here as I think his point may be valid, and seems to have played out truly:

The motives for this are obvious - the media is so desperate to portray a race war on blacks, that they are making up stories now.

Speaking only for myself, I heard at least 3 different stories of cold-blooded attacks on uninvolved white (NOT MEXICAN OR HISPANIC, btw...) people with Trayvon Martin being the excuse.

There definitely does seem to be some pot-stirring and imbalanced handling of all involved.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think he looks hispanic in both.. a lot of news outlets you auto correction on their photos which would do that sort of thing to the picture.. i don't think it's necessarily intentional.. that said.. the captions below the example photo are pretty racist in and of themselves.. is that necessary?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I hope that picture isn't supposed to "calm" racial tensions.... Woah..

But umm, anybody who can't look at any picture of him and tell that he's hispanic needs an eye exam. WTF happened with his last name, I'm not sure, ask his father the judge..
edit on 8-5-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

he committed cold-blooded murder.

Bull crap!!

Cold blooded murder, and what proof
other then your emotions do you have of this?

All the evidence points to self defense

Since this story broke you've been going off of your emotions saying he's innocent... All one has to do is read through your massive thread to see how many times details changed in your own perspective.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez

That's the impression I get.. the hispanic friends I have refer to "white people" as a separate group.. people tend to think light/dark .. white/black ..

Ultimately I don't think any of it makes a lick of difference.. death is death.. People are making this about race and I don't think it was. from what I understand, zimmerman was a guy who liked to think of himself as a neighborhood watch / leader / protector type guy.. he had a big head in that sense.. probably dreamt of being a cop or a detective and so he lived it out.. he still operated within the law.. the question is, is the law a good one or not? .. the other question is .. did Treyvon make a move on Zimmerman? .. people get all emotional when that question is posed, but seriously consider it:

I think it's a mix between the two .. I *think* Zimmerman was following Treyvon out of suspicion, seeing a stranger in the neighborhood at night.. he called the cops, so he obviously wasn't plotting murder - get that idea out of your brain because it makes no sense given that fact... I think Treyvon saw a man bigger than him following him and may have reacted out of panic.. turned around and came at Zimmerman.. Zimmerman fired.. THAT is what I think happened..

IF so .. Treyvon was an innocent and got killed .. simply a kid in fear of his well being who decided to take the offense... also IF so ... Zimmerman was defending himself... but he was armed..

We have to consider that this was a tragedy with no real right or wrong.. but will we? no .. people will make it into something.. the big question is about Florida law.
edit on 5/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Beating a dead horse

Indeed. Another thread that complains about how the media use him.
While and Hispanic is seen the same by some. Why blame a race that probably had nothing to do with it. Because Hitler was white, that does not mean we are right wing extremists. It is the way your bought up that really changes your attitude to things and mentality towards things not your colour.

For god sake people, we are all the same under the skin.
I have a heart like yours, which pumps blood and oxygen!
But I think this case will die down either way and people will forget. Bit like every murder case.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
george zimmerman is half peruvian half white. it would be like calling obama black and forgetting that he is also half white.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join