It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military you are not fighting for your country

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

You have a job that's above table? FICA, SS and other taxes are automatically deducted by your employer.

Incorrect, not all employers automatically do that.

The last dozen or so providers I have worked for just paid straight up and expected me to handle my own tax obligations if I had any (which most people doing the type of contracting I do don't make enough gross in a yr).

Oh and when I was a kid and did delivery work I was paid mostly in tips, which also was not deducted from automatically and I had to only cover the price of the meals I delivered (plus they paid me a few bucks an hour on top). All of that was also straight payments where I was responsible for determining my own obligations.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Jagermeister

I'm content to let the soldiers decide for themselves what they are fighting for. My guess is that they are a lot more aware of what motivates them than either you or I can determine FOR them.

I know why I get up in the morning. You know why you get up in the morning. Soldiers know why THEY get up in the morning. They don't need you or I to make their decisions for them.

edit on 2012/5/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

So you are saying that the Government are big boys and can decide the world's fate on their own without our meddling and criticisms?

I strongly disagree.

People need to be held accountable.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the world is a bit more complex than that...

and so are our laws, thankfully.

I have an idea, though... help legalize illegal substances and move the money from the cartels to U.S. small biz owners and educate people about the dangers, truthfully, and treat the idiots who mess up medically.

Easy...?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Check out a tax form called a 1099. That's a self employed tax form. I wonder how many of your previous employers filed these?

Granted yes, below the line is below the line.

www.irs.gov... ing=false

Star for your honesty though.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I'm content to let the soldiers decide for themselves what they are fighting for. My guess is that they are a lot more aware of what motivates them than either you or I can determine FOR them.

I know why I get up in the morning. You know why you get up in the morning. Soldiers know why THEY get up in the morning. They don't need you or I to make their decisions for them.

So you are saying that the Government are big boys and can decide the world's fate on their own without our meddling and criticisms?

I strongly disagree.

If you'd be so kind as to underline where I used the word government there, and send it back, I'd be ever so grateful.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People that rant and rave like this were either discharged or not accepted into the armed forces and now they hold a gruge. not cool man.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I have said it many times, but you finally made a thread on it. If they were fighting for our county they would be on the border defending us from Mexico, and getting rid of the Zionists in our congress who put Israels interest before the USA, and would be killing the bankers who are raping our country and the corporations who are letting our jobs go overseas.

Wow
You flip flop worse than some of the candidates running for president these days.

I am probably the biggest military supporter here on ATS. So I'm here, me.

Where are the ATS military supporters?
What's going on here? Do you have a stance? If you do, how about clarifying it so that someone, like myself, who actually pays attention to posts has a good idea why you jump back in forth all the time.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I strongly disagree.

Soldiers and Government are not the same things.. I refuse to believe you cannot distinguish between the two. Soldiers are NOT politicians.

It will take an act of the government to wake up the blue collars.. I am a prior active and a current reservist service member and I can assure you all, if it comes down to the wire.. if THEY (by they I mean the government) tell me to arrest my friends, neighbors, and family I will no longer be a Soldier of the U.S. I will be a rebel of the resistance.
edit on 9-5-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of local governments and law enforcement agencies in using federal military personnel to enforce the laws of the land. Contrary to popular belief, the Act does not prohibit members of the Army from exercising state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order"; it simply requires that any authority to do so must exist with the United States Constitution or Act of Congress. In this way, most use of the Army and the Air Force at the direction of the President does not offend the statute, even though it may be problematic for other reasons (politically).

The statute only addresses the US Army and, since 1956, the US Air Force. It does not refer to, and thus does not restrict or apply to, the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor (in its federal capacity, the National Guard forms part of the Army or Air Force of the United States). The Navy and Marine Corps are prohibited by a Department of Defense directive (self-regulation), but not by the Act itself.[1][2] Although it is a military force,[3] the U.S. Coast Guard, which now operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is also not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act, primarily because the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
We have a wide open border that continues to grow more violent each day while "reports" tell us that it's no big threat. Since when is a violent drug cartel that likes to behead people no big threat?! All this while you're stationed on the other side of the world fighting a holy war for Israel growing opium. Explain to me how you're fighting for America when the average citizen has a better chance of being killed by a honey bee than an actual terrorist?!

Are you protecting us from our world's largest prison population by bringing opium into the country to lock up more people in the privately owned prisons? Or do you simply become a cop when you get out and use all that training on US citizens? You want to know what the best part is? After 3-4 tours the average person is probably messed up in the head. No mental health risk in becoming a cop is there?! Not even an evaluation! INSTANT HIRE!

I have no issue with the military. I am not anti-military. But you need to be stationed where you're needed! We have 761 active US bases around the world! For what?! I hate it when people say they joined the service to fight for their country. You are not fighting for your country! If you were you'd be stationed on our border to protect Americans and not in some 3rd world country fighting a race war against muslims. Afghanistan has a more secure border than we do! I don't want to hear "we're just following orders" either! Would you follow orders to start arresting US citizens?!

End the 10 year war and come home! Stop playing world police.

First off...Smedley D. Butler already explained this. Second, we are American nationals and NOT "U.S. citizens". People NEED to comprehend the language. There is a seperate and distinct difference between "U.S. citizens" and American nationals. "U.S. citizens" are corporate entities which owe their existence to the government by way of the "birth certificate' OR human MSO. That is a fact. File a UCC-1 and remove the binds of slavery!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
File a UCC-1 and remove the binds of slavery!!!

Perhaps you could elaborate on how filing a UCC-1 is beneficial and in which manner it would be used.

Here is a link to a little bit of info on this form for those interested, UCC-1 Financing Statement

What property would you be claiming is owed? And who would be the debtor?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Interesting! Do a google search on "Mexican Reconquista Movement". My mom has told me this for YEARS. Just a couple days ago I did a search on a couple of key words and was shocked by my discovery! Check it out!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BrunoAbroad

Posse Comitatus is a sort of myth.

If you watch the wording it doesn't effect the US Navy and by associate the Marine Corps (A part of the Navy whether they like it or not.)

The Navy and Marine Corps are prohibited by a Department of Defense directive (self-regulation), but not by the Act itself.

The Navy and Marines can be deployed within the US if the so choose, by a directive that the Defense Secretary (Leon Panetta currently) can repeal at his or her leisure.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I am supporting the military by not sending them out to die...duh

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

No not a good point at all.Mrs Napolitano has alienated combat arms vets with that opinion ,this would be insulting like the "killbot" calling creeps who don't function in an effective military way.I would comment about refusing orders.An E7 in charge of my platoon was a last minute replacement for my platoon when we deployed to Desert Shield he ordered me to go retrieve land mines of various types across the berms.I refused because he would instruct or demonstrate how to defuse the unknown weapons,even though I wasn't specifically given the order.I felt someone had to step up and stop the idea,fortunately my LT was a Mustang and corrected the sergeant out of earshot.I did that to PROTECT my team,I would have done FAR MORE to protect an American civilian.Your military says no ALL THE TIME to the executive branch otherwise Bush would have had an Iranian fight.The Joint Chiefs stopped him and Obama.If Drake,Wilcocks and Fulford are correct the US military is about to save all of our collective a##es. They are the only ones who have the power to do this.
If I'm wrong then I'm dead because I have to stop anything that openly starts harming civilians on a mass level.
I don't want to run anything or tell you what to do and don't follow where I walk. I made my choice when I was boy.Don't presume to call me a monster when NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON on this board knows the big picture.
I will never be ashamed to call myself a warrior,if you don't believe you need them then go back to school you need more lessons.The human condition is complex and some are asocial.Saddam handled these debates with mass graves.Pol Pot did so by killing the educated.Now corporations are shown to have been murderous puppeteers for their entire existance.
The Bankers have had their run since the Medicis in Italy in the mid 1600s.Hopefully the circle is about to close on this mess.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theirtruthlies0806

He has had more wars going on than the former president.

The buck stops here, is a quote that was on Harry Trumans desk. It implies that the President is responsible for everything that goes on. Not the past president or the future president. No excuses, it is the presidents responsiblity for everything that goes on, this includes troop placement.

Read up on your American History.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Thank you! The whole "bush's fault" is a weak denial for those who try to use it as an excuse. Obama slithered into the office KNOWING our situation therefore he is accepting the responsibility.

Check out this video: m.youtube.com... I recommend it to everyone. Theres a group called oath keepers and they have a website, it is truly amazing! I watch them regularly as reminders

Gods bless!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I say Take that archaic Monroe Doctrine, and that Marshall Plan that says we're supposed to police force the world, and throw 'em out! Let's stay home for the next ten years people!

Green Onions Speech
Speech By: Elwood Blues

All right people. The rest of the hard working all star Blues Brothers are gonna be out here in a minute, including my little brother Jake. But right now, I'd like to talk a little bit about this tune you're hearing. This is ofcourse the Green Onions tune. It was a very big hit in the early sixties in this country. And ofcourse it was composed and recorded in Memphis, Tennessee, right here in the United States Of America. You know, people, I believe that this tune can be acquinted with the great classical music around the world. Now you go to Germany, you've got your Bach, your Beethoven, your Brahms... Here in America you've got your Fred McDowell, your Irving Berlin, your Glenn Miller, and your Booker T & The MG's, people. Another example of the great contributions in music and culture that this country has made around the world. And as you look around the world today, you see this country spurned. You see backs turned on this country. Well people, I'm gonna tell you something, this continent, North America, is the stronghold! This is where we're gonna make our stand in this decade! Yeah, people, I've got something to say to the State Department. I say Take that archaic Monroe Doctrine, and that Marshall Plan that says we're supposed to police force the world, and throw 'em out! Let's stay home for the next ten years people! Right here in North America and enjoy the music and culture that is ours. Yeah, I got one more thing to say. I'm just talking about the music, people, and what it does to me. And that is, as you look around the world, you go to the Soviet Union or Great Britain or France, you name it, any country... Everybody is doing flips and twists just to get into a genuine pair of American blue jeans! And to hear this music and we got it all here in America, the land of the Chrysler 440 cubic inch engine!

edit on 10-5-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
File a UCC-1 and remove the binds of slavery!!!

Perhaps you could elaborate on how filing a UCC-1 is beneficial and in which manner it would be used.

Here is a link to a little bit of info on this form for those interested, UCC-1 Financing Statement

What property would you be claiming is owed? And who would be the debtor?

The Federal government and local government ARE the debtors, HJR-192 of 1933 states as such. We owe no public debt, it is all paid for already, we just have to step forward and claim it, but be respectful in doing so. A UCC-1 removes the states ownership of your corporate fiction and makes you first lien holder on the "corporate name", YOU now control the interest of the legal fiction through filing a "Power of Attorney". It does work and has worked for thousands of people. Remove the presumption of government by doing this. As for the property owed, it is the collateral that is important, all your autos and home and other property ARE the collateral and you have first lien on everything, the government can seize NOTHING from you until they pay you for it!!! Stops government theft!!

"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382, 442 (1950)

edit on 11-5-2012 by daddio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join