It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military you are not fighting for your country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I am not complaining. OP is complaining.

I am suggesting his concerns would be addressed more effectively at the ballot box. Not by the military.

Military is a tool. For the Gov.

In fact, given a chance to do it again I would, most of us would. Hell, even the Army and Marines are going back over and over. No complaints, no excuses.

But you want us to do something different you need to talk to the guys in control, and it is not the worker bees.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Well, yea...

What do you think the military is like?

This is a very strange discussion...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Jagermeister

You know the oath? It says officers, and POTUS, and the constitution. We're do'n that.

What are you suggesting we do?

You don't like the way things are going, put some different officers and POTUS up. The military does not do torches and pitchforks, even though that may be called for.

We do our job.

My intention is to wake military folks up with this thread. I didn't write the op to bash the military and I don't respect people that do openly bash the military. But on the same side of the coin this isn't vietnam. The military is not being spit on. America doesn't hate it's military like it used it. People want the wars to stop. Ron Paul is doing a great job right now he's been winning state after state. People are becoming more involved in their politics both on the local level and national level. So that's a good thing. Things are starting to move in the right direction. But no I'm not anti-military. I don't like people mindlessly wrapping themselves in the flag screaming "American F*** YEA!". And I don't think we need to build a big wall and slam the doors shut. The bunny is a bit upset

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

There is only one person responsible for this, OBAMA. Ask him. The buck stops there.

Are you kidding me? Obama just pulled out all combat troops in Iraq and by 2014 all troops will be out of Afghanistan. He is ending them, not prolonging them.

and still not sure why the heck you added that last line....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yup, Bunny almost never gets like that...

Well, you do not have to worry about the military doing anything against our civ population.

That would be refused as an illegal order.

But going to war and following orders, that is going to happen. Anything else would be dishonorable.

The behavior of your brave sons and daughters can be easily predicted, they will do the right thing, serve with honor, survive if possible, and then go do it again the next day.

What is not to like?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I agree with yoy totally, the present policies are not the fault of the soldiers. They are there to serve the interests of the people through their elected officials. Elect better officials and things will be different. Problem is that the candidates have to be accepted by the party to succeed. Something has always been messed up in the government's structure.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
The bunny is a bit upset

Understatement of the year.
That's like saying Hitler was "upset" with Poland in 1939.

BIG WALLS.

The world SPITS on us. Well, ENOUGH!!!

I only provide what everyone ####ing wants!

We leave the word to themselves. YAY! Big ###ing celebration, right???

THAT way, we can rely on no-one but ourseves.

No foreign cars. No foreign tv's, computers, games, toys, appliances. No foreign oil. No foreign prodocts at ALL!

All made in the USA!

The rest of the world can have their toys and tv's amongst themselves.

I DON"T CARE anymore.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why dont they just legalize drugs, its a fact that no matter how illegal you make them, people still do them. It would take the market away from the cartels overnight and then they wouldnt have a reason to hop the borders to smuggle drugs, reduce the turf wars for doping spots to pedal the drugs in our urban centers. It would create a spike in the medical field, open a new market for chemists, generate large numbers of tax revenue, and it would reduce our prison population. I dont want to hear this OMG are you insane you cant trust people to do with themselves what they like to whether it is a good or bad choice, face it again no matter how illegal people still do them. You take away a groups means of economy and they cannot operate no finance no romance thats the rule there is no exception.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Not allowed to write about such things, you will get banned.

Changing the subject...

I remember re-enlisting right after Bill Clinton was in office the first time. And I thought about it very hard. But POTUS's come and go, they do not matter in the decision to serve or not.

The decision is to serve your country, you also are required to serve the POTUS, but you only promise to do the latter so you can do the former.

edit on 9-5-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
US military, standing military and reserve about 1.8 million.

Currently serving overseas, about 500,000.

So what are 1.3 million troops needed for inside the USA? Only thing that they would realistically be used for is civilian population control. They certainly are not there for national defense.

So, that's you're justification for having our troops occupy hundreds of countries that pose no threat to us....because we have enough troops inside the U.S. already? Nice logic, pal.

Well, I'm sure China and Russia have thousands of troops that aren't really being used inside their borders. Maybe they should just send their extras over here to the U.S. to occupy our streets? What would you think about that? Let me guess....you didn't think that far, did you?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Wouldn't it be a police state even more if they were all over here?

Policing our borders is not the same as policing all of our streets.

Who is protecting our borders? NORAD?

edit on 9-5-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From the Department of Homeland Security:

The return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.

Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists,” it says. “DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities.

Draw your own conclusions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The Navy has shore duty and sea duty.

On shore duty, you rest.

On sea duty, you never rest. You get up at zero dark thirty, you work all day, maybe a couple hours off for dinner, work some more, get up at midnight and stand a four hour watch, sleep for a few hours then do it again.

The people in the US are on shore duty. Don't worry, they will work it off when they go back on deployment.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
the military wont have to arrest you americans are too lazy to do anything against the gov most of us just want to sit back and bitch about it

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The reserves are reserves, they work regular jobs and become active when there is a need. They usually volunteer if something happens. The weekend warriors have always been out there.

edit on 9-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I see no reason not to trade our goods and talk to other countries, but having allies is where the line needs to be drawn unless it's something like a world war. We should only declar war when we've been attacked or are in danger of being attacked and from that point alliances can be formed until it's over.

Jagermeister, I happen to agree with you on many points. Unfortunately, most of the population is unaware of just how "conditioned" we've become to accept war as a way of life. It is going to take a long time for humanity to break from this destructive mindset, and having a government that has no intention of abandoning the use of bloodshed to accomplish it's goals is keeping us from finding peace across the world. You see, our leaders all over the world are perfectly content on sending hundreds of thousands of young men and women to kill and be killed as long as they reap the rewards and don't have to engage in the battle themselves. They are cowards who view their populations as collateral damage--expendable at their whim.

Once people decide to accept the unfortunate reality that acting on blind loyalty for the government isn't the best course of action, then we might begin to dig our way out of this mess.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

The reserves are reserves, they work regular jobs and become active when there is a need. They usually volunteer if something happens. The weekend warriors have always been out there.

edit on 9-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I'm aware of all that. Why are you telling this to me?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
While I might agree on the surface with the sentiment with Beezzer as a veteran we might be better off just erecting a wall and sealing the rest of the world out I don’t think it’s all that practical.

I don’t think that the citizen-soldier grabbing his gun and manning the boarder has been relevant since before WWI.

A standing military is necessary to our national defense. The standing military staffed with professional Officers and NCOs who would form the backbone of a much larger military should the need arise to actually defend the US mainland. If we suddenly had a major world war again the soldiers on active duty would serve to hold off the aggressors long enough for the call-up of reserve and retirees to train and equip the draftees to fight the actual war. This will take 90-180 days or more.

You can draft soldiers for sure but the leaders have to be competent and that takes training and for some positions (Battalion Command and above) a careers worth of learning to do effectively. Active and retired Officers (reactivated) will be promoted and quickly trained to assume these positions.

These officers and NCO’s must learn their trade – practice it and gain experience somewhere. What better place to practice and use our doctrine and skills than the smaller engagements we have around the world. Modern combat is a lot more complicated than “let’s all throw out the Redcoats”. It involves complex machines and doctrine that require experienced and trained operators.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

The Navy has shore duty and sea duty.

On shore duty, you rest.

On sea duty, you never rest. You get up at zero dark thirty, you work all day, maybe a couple hours off for dinner, work some more, get up at midnight and stand a four hour watch, sleep for a few hours then do it again.

The people in the US are on shore duty. Don't worry, they will work it off when they go back on deployment.

Why are you telling me this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Because you quoted numbers of how many military are based within the US.

They are resting... not a threat to you.

Looking back, maybe I should have addressed that to the poster to which you were responding.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join