It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only CERTAIN thing here is Romney cannot be President. Its game over for him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

You have a very warped and biased view of American politics.

If you get most of your information from ATS...that would explain why...ATS is heavily Ron Paul bias...but that isn't reality.

The GOP doesn't care about Ron Paul or his supporters...they weren't GOP before, they won't be GOP after.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If Ron Paul causes Obama's reelection, then he will have screwed us. Something's wrong here.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not but I don't think Mitt Romney will be able to finish his run for President..
libertarianreview.us...

If this is true MSM has been hiding it well, but then again it's rare I watch MSM . So wouldn't know if they have reported on this or not

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

No the tears you saw were tears of joy when Romney swept every state today. Paul lost to Santorum in W.Virginia, Santorum is no longer even campaigning.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Hey look, someone's optimistic!

Cheer up, people!

Even when things are #ty, there's no need for you to get down on yourselves or the country as a whole.

In fact, take a page from Shrub's book and GO SHOPPING!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The irony is that some RP supporters are fully aware that he won't win and they'll gladly give the election to Obama if it means screwing Romney.

If that's not partisan politics, then I don't know what it is!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I love listening to RP talk. But I have to say that until MSM in a whole supports him there is no way he's going to get anything done. I talked to a couple people this week who honestly thought RP had dropped out.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The irony is that some RP supporters are fully aware that he won't win and they'll gladly give the election to Obama if it means screwing Romney.

If that's not partisan politics, then I don't know what it is!

That is just confirming what OS said, those people are not GOP. Anyone who would vote Obama over Romney is not part of the GOP, and the GOP do not care about them.

Also seems very childish, you just painted a very bad picture of some of RP supporters.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's a good/bad situation for the 2012 elections ...
The bad news .... Obama will almost certainly be re-elected.
The good news .... Romney will almost certainly not be elected.

I wish that Hillary and Jon Huntsman would get together and run independently.
I don't care who is on top (although I'm sure Hillary would want to be ...
)
They both are qualified. They both could do the job. They both would know
what to do if we suddenly were attacked by hostiles. I wouldn't agree with
some of what they'd want to do, but at least the country would have people in
office who knew what the hell they were doing.

Ron Paul? I like the guy but honestly he's just too darn old for the rigors of the job.
He'd have to have one heck of a vice president running with him. I doubt Ron Paul
would last a full first term. Sorry.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I keep hearing this theory, but I'm not sure I buy it. There are a lot of folks who have issue with the Mormon faith, to be sure, but by and large I don't think there's this big block of anti-Mormon Christians willing to sit out the 2012 election because Mitt's a Mormon. Glenn Beck is a Mormon and he has crazy support from that same group.

I think the Obama people are over-estimating the anti-Mormon bias. In fact, I wholly expect " Mormons are crazy, don't you just hate them!!?!!" to be the undercurrent of the media and other Obama proxies during the campaign. If that tactic does anything at all, it will motivate certain demographics to vote for Mitt to prove they aren't religious bigots.

As to the OP, I'm not so sure Paulites have taken over the GOP, but they have made inroads, which is good. But many of the GOP establishment would rather eat their own party alive than allow change. I've seen something similar locally. Whatever the delegate count, and whatever the outcome, I expect Ron Paul will finally get to have his moment in Tampa. I hope it's a Reagan in '76 moment. If Romney is smart, he'll do his best to court and woo the libertarian wing of the base. Otherwise, we'll be lost to the GOP forever. That's a fact.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Nietrick because: Spelling correction

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

I get your point, but I have to disagree. Ron Paul has changed the national conversation. Ron Paul has engergized young people in this nation in a way no one on the so called "right" has done in decades. People are now involved in the political process in a very important way because of the passion he has instilled in them. This delegate march is proof of that. Ousting party leaders? Becoming delegates? Learning the ins and outs of the process is a powerful expression of what Ron Paul has accomplished. That is the real Ron Paul Revolution and it's fruit will ripen over a few more election cycles, should we be lucky enough to have them.

The only question is, will the GOP embrace the changes and move with them? The only energy in the GOP is happening around Ron Paul. There is no youth, no movement, no future for the GOP if they don't accept the libertarian wing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That "picture" is the truth.

In their fervor to screw over Romney, they may just end up handing the election to Obama.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by schuyler

Ron Paul is just not as popular as some of his supporters claim.

What he needs is a wider audience and as much as I hate to say it, he needs to adjust his stance on some of the issues (which his supporters claim that he won't do in the name of "integrity") in order to get some of the anti-war liberals on his side (that is, if he even wants them there, which I doubt).

It's all about compromise and at his age, I don't see it.

I'm a liberal...

I'm perfectly willing to risk all of my liberal views,
and vote paul,

just so I can get my country back.

I keep reading moron instead of mormon... hahaha.. Guess you can tell what I think of mitt. Being a true democrat I couldn't care less about his religion or his sexual orientation, or what his favorite cereal is... He's just dead looking. The only time he looks happy is when he's talking about companies doing better, or good investments.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I agree, I liked ron paul and so did
alot of people i know until
he opened his mouth and sounded
like a whack job on foreign policy..

Who is the whack job here?

Ron Paul or these people and their dumb followers, Yuval Diskin (former head of ShinBeth) is talking about

“My major problem is that I have no faith in the current leadership, which must lead us into an event on the scale of war with Iran or regional war,” Diskin told the “Majdi Forum,” a group of local residents that meets to discuss political issues. “I don’t believe in either the prime minister or the defense minister. I don’t believe in a leadership that makes decisions based on messianic feelings,” he added. Diskin deemed Barak and Netanyahu “two messianics – the one from Akirov…and the other from…Caesarea,” he said, referring to the residences of the two politicians. “Believe me, I have observed them from up close… They are not people who I, on a personal level, trust to lead Israel to an event on that scale and carry it off. These are not people that I would want to have holding the wheel in such an event,” Diskin said. “They are misleading the public on the Iran issue. They tell the public that if Israel acts, Iran won’t have a nuclear bomb. This is misleading. Actually, many experts say that an Israeli attack would accelerate the Iranian nuclear race,” said the former security chief.

www.richardsilverstein.com...

These whack jobs want to start WW III and Romney would stand by their side.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Is this what you're trying to say? www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they finally realized that Romney would have no chance of beating Obama. Not necessarily in a 1 v 1 race. But rather, in the scenario where Romney wins the R nomination, and Paul runs as an independent (Paul probably wont pull out and endorse Romney). If that happened, you would essentially have two republicans running against the incumbent. With Paul's growing popularity, just think of how many republican votes the Independent, Paul would pull away from the Republican ticket. Its far too risky for the GOP. Of course, if Romney loses, he can't run on the Independent ticket. So, all things being equal with this current scenario, Paul has the best chance to beat Obama.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm new to ATS can someone explain the Ron Paul thing to me. Yes he has great ideas and I like him to...

But it is with the delusions that he is going to win the nomination and president, etc. Oddly it's usually coming from the same crowd that insist on TPTB. How can there be vast TPTB but yet they aren't powerful enough to make sure there is zero chance Paul's nominated...?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That is just confirming what OS said, those people are not GOP. Anyone who would vote Obama over Romney is not part of the GOP, and the GOP do not care about them.

Also seems very childish, you just painted a very bad picture of some of RP supporters.

I think you may have misunderstood, as I'm personally not aware (perhaps am just ignorant) of any Paul supporters being discussed here who could vote for either Romney OR Obama. I believe The Sword was indicating that we will sit out instead of holding our nose and voting for Romney to oust Obama.

The reason for this, in my and my family's case at least, is because there's not much more than a dime's worth of difference between them. They are all too close on pretty much any matter of substance, and both have shown themselves to be entirely too undependable when comes to holding to their promises, as well as entirely too willing to screw over the US citizenry and continue signing horrible legislation (such as PATRIOT Act extensions and various other NEW offenses like NDAA, etc.), approving budgets that will screw our descendents over for...well, pretty much ever, not working to reverse any existing and egregious offenses, and a range of other similar issues on which the two are all too alike.

Coupling ALL that with the fact that they're more or less bankrolled by the same wicked parties that had big share in directing us into these messes in the first place (and continue to work against the common man to their own benefit) and - screw them both.

If I don't have anybody worth voting for, who actually represents MY interests - I'm not voting. Hopefully the Libertarians will make the ballot here, because I would be able to in good conscious support Gary Johnson, although I wouldn't prefer him.

Oh, and before I forget - don't mistake the fact that the GOP has perverted itself into something far from its original long-standing ideals and truths to twist things and say these people aren't GOP - the GOP is just no longer itself, and has become populated by those who would better fit into the democratic party of legacy. Big government, foreign intervention, and a range of other things the GOP now holds dear used to be DEMOCRATIC party indicators.

Be well.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

I am a Ron Paul supporter who does not buy into TPTB thing completely. Do I believe there is a concerted effort by the elite political machine in the country to try to deny him a voice...yes. But I also believe the people can rise up against it and bring about real return to our roots.

Now as to whether Ron Paul can win. I, too was very skeptical, but I started digging into our electoral processes at the local, state and federal level and have come to agree in the "delegate" strategy that the Paul campaign is employing. Ron Paul has bound delegates of his own. I think it might be a misnomer in many cases to say that Ron Paul "won" delegates (those that are bound to another candidate). I think it is more correct to say that his supporters have won the delegate positions that are bound to another candidate. Can they break ranks and vote for Ron Paul at the National Convention. There is precedent for that, but the pressure and penalties, depending on the state can be severe. Can the delegates abstain in the first round of voting, or successive rounds depending on their state delegate binding rules, and deny their vote to Mitt Romney...yes. And that, I think is where the hopes of many Ron Paul supporters lie. To deny him the magic number to receive the nomination. It is a long shot, I agree, but not outside the realm of possibility. The shot is made even longer in that the Republican Party and the Mitt Romney campaign will use every dirty trick they can think of to keep it from happening. In numerous, documented accounts they already have in the form of false delegate credentials in Nevada and faked Ron Paul delegate slates with Mitt Romney supporters listed in both Nevada and Maine. Just to name a couple.

It is the lying, cheating tactics that has convinced me that I will in no way support Mitt Romney int he General election. If we sell out our integrity just to beat Obama, then we lose our voice in the fight to return the Great Country to its constitutional roots.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
I'm new to ATS can someone explain the Ron Paul thing to me. Yes he has great ideas and I like him to...

But it is with the delusions that he is going to win the nomination and president, etc. Oddly it's usually coming from the same crowd that insist on TPTB. How can there be vast TPTB but yet they aren't powerful enough to make sure there is zero chance Paul's nominated...?

The People are actually in control. However, the People must realize this and actually gain control that they are already in rights to have. This includes litigation against election/voter fraud, and careful scrutiny of vote counting, demanding traceable voting processes, etc. The People rule this land, but we have to empower ourselves. The marches of people in Ron Paul's wake are a good example of empowered people. The droves of dedicated enthusiasts becoming delegates for him is another, and more a visceral, more effective example.

To assume TPTB automatically win is to already give up. Don't make this mistake, it is a form of fear and is a conditioned response that you must rebel against actively, daily. Assumption that what the People want can't be had is not how it really goes. We can win small battles and end up winning the war from them.

It is not delusional to want him to win. It IS delusional to assume the election is over before it truly is.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All I think when ever I hear his name is 'What kinda name is Mitt Romney? '

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join