It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only CERTAIN thing here is Romney cannot be President. Its game over for him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Poor Romney must be in a state of shock.

Over the last 2 weeks his run at the whitehouse died completely.

Ron Paul's support is growing and growing - his ideas have finally taken hold and there is simply no stopping them now. So does that mean Paul wins the GOP nomination? No, Romney does because the GOP will ensure it.

So why no whitehouse for Romney?

Simple, the GOP is owned now by Ron Paul whether they like it or not. He will not support Romney. If Paul does not win the nomination, his supporters will force him to run independant even if only to continue spreading the word through a presidential run. He'll take a HUGE chunk of Republican votes, and independants. He may not win, but it kills Romney. The GOP know this too - they are in a real bind. They have to treat Paul with kid gloves (at least they would if they were smart) because they need him, and he doesnt need them.

They might cry about him tearing the GOP apart, but good riddance. A revolution has to tear down the establishment.

Romney is toast - he cant win the presidency without Paul and Paul will NEVER back him.
edit on 8/5/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
interesting theory that romney won't win, but I'm not buyin it. just watch, its gonna be romney, thats who TPTB want.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Absolutely so. And the worst part is, GOP does not have any time soon anybody matching capacity of RP. This means, either they follow RP to the victory, or the party will be split to two smaller ones. With RP's party being the one to become the able to go head to head with democrats.

GOP's future is either to become neocon lodge, or tag along RP wagon and make it another 8 years.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Pretty much, if the GOP doesn't embrace and evolve with their new found support, they commit suicide and all will see their true colors.

If the Republicans cared about beating Obama, they would put Ron Paul up against him. Instant landslide, just add water.
edit on 8-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
interesting theory that romney won't win, but I'm not buyin it. just watch, its gonna be romney, thats who TPTB want.

Think about it. Without Ron Pauls support, Romney has no chance. Ron Paul as an independent will take 25% of the vote.

I love the fact Paul does not need Romney, but Romney needs Paul. I would not be surprised if the GOP started to realise this over the next 2-3 months and we see a 'change of weather'.

Paul hold ALL the cards. Genius strategy. He is king maker, and the GOP will be faced with the wonderfully karmic prospect of supporting Paul or losing in November

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Unless they are purposely trying to throw the election.

Which..let's face it, is really what TPTB want. Obama already is a full puppet to them, why complicate matters?

But maybe even then we can overcome. RP lights the fire, and the rest should spread throughout ourselves.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Unless they are purposely trying to throw the election.

Which..let's face it, is really what TPTB want. Obama already is a full puppet to them, why complicate matters?

But maybe even then we can overcome. RP lights the fire, and the rest should spread throughout ourselves.

Perhaps - but still a scenario where greedy Mittens doesnt get close to the White House. He is toast and he knows it - hence his recent statements and threats.

He has been out thought and soundly beaten by wily old Ron

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

They already lost November. Mitt is as elitest as you get. I wont believe the middle class is so stupid to really allow this clown to be president. I wish we had an alternative to Obama but Mitt aint it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Romney's a Mormon.

The more fickle religious elements of American government (aka Christians) will not stand for a Mormon in office just like they barely tolerated a Catholic (JFK).

I don't care personally but I just wanted to throw that out there.

If anything, the convention might bring a surprise candidate if Romney is indeed ousted. It won't be Ron Paul though but I'm sure RP will get in some good digs. Personally, I hope it's Jeb Bush because Obama would eat him for breakfast just by playing off of the anti-Bush sentiment of the left.

I'm sure that Ron Paul might have a chance against Jeb as well.
edit on 8-5-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
Think about it. Without Ron Pauls support, Romney has no chance. Ron Paul as an independent will take 25% of the vote.

Interesting in view of the fact that every time people have actually had the chance to vote in primaries, Paul takes 11% of the vote. Heck, in Louisiana where he won the majority of the delegates in the caucus system, he received 6% of the vote. That's some kind of fuzzy math you're using there to get to 25%, bud.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mittens beats himself. His older views and votes counter his current "stance".

Conan O'Brien said it best, Romney's biggest rival is himself from 4 years ago.

The American public is pretty dumb still, but less dumb and hypnotized than, say, 1980's. They won't vote en-masse for a massive flip-flopper like Romney. Some will not vote for him just because he is Mormon. Some won't vote because they can see he tends to the rich, "his people", not THE people.

Either way, I would agree he is toast. Even the RNC knows it and dealt with the rule 11 issue by providing funds to RP. Win.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by UKTruth

Interesting in view of the fact that every time people have actually had the chance to vote in primaries, Paul takes 11% of the vote. Heck, in Louisiana where he won the majority of the delegates in the caucus system, he received 6% of the vote. That's some kind of fuzzy math you're using there to get to 25%, bud.

Take a look again at the votes - Paul is closer to 25% when you take out other candidates

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Ron Paul is just not as popular as some of his supporters claim.

What he needs is a wider audience and as much as I hate to say it, he needs to adjust his stance on some of the issues (which his supporters claim that he won't do in the name of "integrity") in order to get some of the anti-war liberals on his side (that is, if he even wants them there, which I doubt).

It's all about compromise and at his age, I don't see it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by schuyler

Ron Paul is just not as popular as some of his supporters claim.

What he needs is a wider audience and as much as I hate to say it, he needs to adjust his stance on some of the issues (which his supporters claim that he won't do in the name of "integrity") in order to get some of the anti-war liberals on his side (that is, if he even wants them there, which I doubt).

It's all about compromise and at his age, I don't see it.

No compromise required or recommended. Romney needs Paul's vote - plain and simple, but he wont get it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

No compromise = No win as POTUS.

It's really that simple.

Even Obama had to change his stances just to get elected. Once he was elected, he showed his true colors.

ALL politicians do this or else, they don't get elected under this corrupt system.

What makes you think that RP can skirt the same system?

What we Americans need to do is THROW that system out and start from scratch.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That is why I had said if if the GOP picks Romney they will lose the election against Obama.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately, this really doesn't matter because the real intention of the GOP and the DNC is to ensure that the right candidate that is owned by the lobbyist is selected.

The GOP did there part and OBAMA is already bought and paid for. So its a Win Win for the lobbyist.

Then the GOP will use a media blitz to use Ron Paul as the scape goat on why Obama was re elected. Despite them knowing darn well that not selecting RP and going with Romney is the bigger risk.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by UKTruth

No compromise = No win as POTUS.

It's really that simple.

Even Obama had to change his stances just to get elected. Once he was elected, he showed his true colors.

ALL politicians do this or else, they don't get elected under this corrupt system.

What makes you think that RP can skirt the same system?

What we Americans need to do is THROW that system out and start from scratch.

Ron Paul knows he is not going to be president - his strategy is to keep the idea buring in peoples minds for long enough that he changes the world. He has said many times - if you listened - that he respects that the people support his IDEAS not himself.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Then he's just wasting time.

Why not find a younger candidate with a similar mindset that CAN be elected?

If what you're saying is true, then RP supporters are going to help either Romney or Obama get elected by throwing away their votes on a curmudgeon that won't get elected.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Ron Paul supporters have know idea what they would be getting into.

First
he would be a lame duck POTUS right from the start, no support would be given to Ron Paul from Congress

Second
his policies wouldnt be understood by the general population(this is different than the voting population)
panic would instill so fast there would be Anarchy in the streets...

Ron Paul at this point is a dangerous notion that will never fly, if it does, god help us

edit on 8-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by UKTruth

Then he's just wasting time.

Why not find a younger candidate with a similar mindset that CAN be elected?

If what you're saying is true, then RP supporters are going to help either Romney or Obama get elected by throwing away their votes on a curmudgeon that won't get elected.

This time around it will just ensure Romney loses - that is vital as he is both a war monger and a bankers puppet.

But Paul is playing the long game for the good of the people - not himself. His ideas will be the foundation - once agin - of American politics for generations to come.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join