It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is society coming to??? what is a police man's job???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When did lawlessness become only the business of the lawbreakers and not every member of society???

This attitude is rampant in society today and it is disgusting...

This is why gang violence can even occur, because people are either afraid or just don't want it to be their business so they can get back to watching American Idol...

I was coming back from taking my wife to see Avengers a few minutes ago and there was construction on one of the back roads that we usually take.

We had to drive in the center lane because it was coned off. Something grabbed my attention because it has been sorely needed but has also been sorely lacking.

I saw a sign that said, no bicycles, no pedestrians, and then another sign that just said no bicycles.

What do I see right in front of the sign pedaling along????

A woman and then a man on a bicycle, riding right out in the middle of the makeshift street/middle lane.

Our a/c in the car is out so I had my windows down. My wife was driving and I was in the passenger seat, so as we passed them, I said learn to friggin read, NO BICYCLES to the wife, and then NO BICYCLES to the husband...

I don't think anything more about it and my wife turns onto the next street.

Well, I guess this guy on the bike flagged down a cop and started following us pointing us out to the cop.

The guy rides right up to my window and asks me what I said, and I repeated, that he needs to learn how to read...

He retorts that he knows how to read just fine.

I then replied well then you just like to ignore the law then.

He then gets flustered and states he follows the law.

I said, well either you have a hard time reading or you ignore the law, because those signs back there said NO BICYCLES...

By this time, the cop has pulled up next to us and he asks me what the problem is.

I explained to the officer that he and his wife were riding their bikes in the no bicycle zone and I told him he needed to follow the signs that there were no bicycles allowed there.

Wait for it........

The cop then replies, "You should mind your own business...."

WHAT!!!!!!!!?????????

This guy is endangering everyone by riding in and out of the street in a construction zone that it has been determined that it is not safe to ride a bicycle where I can hit him and then be liable for potentially negligent homicide and it's NOT MY BUSINESS?????

Then with the cop right next to us, the guy then says why don't you pull over into the parking lot and we'll see how this turns out?

I had to laugh at that and the funny thing was that my wife was going to pull into that parking lot anyways to get some refrigerant for the car's A/C....

Guess what????

When we pulled into the parking lot, the guy was a ghost....

I started ranting about it in the autozone because I was so flustered with what our country and our society is becoming...

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Decaf, bro. Cops have better things to do than deal with irate internet warriors.

For real. How was this guy endangering you?

Was he riding 'right down the middle', as you first say, or 'riding in and out of traffic'?

Stick to one story.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well the policeman is human and probably can't be bothered dealing with something as petty as this.

You sound like one of those people who just needs to chill out sometimes, it's only a bike they were being healthier than you...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Could have saved yourself a lot of grief by not paying any mind.

Who the hell cares if they were biking in the lane?

If I had to choose between living with a person who bikes in the center lane and living with a person who calls out a person biking in the center lane I'd choose the former.

The former is a minor annoyance. The latter is arguably the motivating force behind all the tyranny in this world.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There are no policemen left only "officers". The police are just there to ensure the elite survive the comming upheaval and that the little guy is killed off, of course this is my opinion but based on historical events.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You guys are ridiculous....

All I did was say "obey the law..."

He went off and got the police involved et al....

It's like if you're waiting in line at the theatre and someone cuts in the line. You are the people that will say nothing.

It is injustice. You must stand up against injustice in ALL of its forms..

I didn't ask the police to get involved so this whole thing about they have more important things to do is bs... yeah the more important thing for them to do is go raise revenue for the state. Wouldn't want them to miss that, or the 2.99 a dozen deal at the local bakery...

Anyone who doesn't stand up for what is right in their society deserves what they get.

I told the guy to obey the law, HE went off and had a fit and tried to get the police involved.

My main problem wasn't the guy making himself look like a fool, it was the attitude of the cop that his job isn't important.

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

WRONG, it is the attitude of the cop and of those here I see like you that results in the tyranny, the attitude to just let things go, and ignore when people do whatever they want without any responsibility for their actions.

If people want to be idiots and get run over, that's their business...

But only when they are solely held responsible for it.

In today's society, they aren't the ones held responsible for it, the guy who they ride out in front of and hit are.

When I was a kid, there was a local park that had tree houses, you would pay the entry fee and they would give you hammer's and nails and let you go and build a treehouse...

It was the coolest thing ever. Then the litigious society took over and they were sued out of business.

If people are taking responsibility for their choices, then it's not necessary to say anything and I would have no problem with it.

I am just tired of this whole mind your business attitude when EVERYONE is responsible.

I worked at some apartments and caught a guy throwing his wife head first into his fence. I stepped in, because it is every REAL man's job to protect women.

Do those of you who think I shouldn't have said anything, think that I should have let this guy continue to beat his wife???

If you do, it is YOU who needs to get a life, sure as # not me...

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

What I say, I say with the upmost respect.

You stated this was a construction zone. Perhaps the bicyclists were simply caught in the construction confusion, like yourself?

I don't understand your connection between gang violence and this incident. Who is at danger for committing the violence? The bicyclists, or you?

IMO, this was a minor incident. You've decided to make it a big deal, only no one else shares your outrage. Perhaps you should follow their lead....probably better for your blood pressure

ETA: Just read your post about saving the lady in the abusive situation. Well done, that is an example of society protecting itself. But this does not compare with calling out the bicyclist
edit on 8-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm not outraged at the bicyclist, he's just a moron...

I'm outraged at societies continued delving into a societal attitude of it's no one's business.

Leave it to whatever authority to take care of it... You can't leave it to the authority. I was upset that even the cop had this attitude, when he could have easily just said, sir (speaking to the bicyclist) you need to obey the traffic signs when bicycling.

It's not the bicyclist that upsets me, it is societies attitude.

Jaden

BTW thank you for being respectful in your opinion, I appreciate that as I was losing any semblance of respect for society when people not only stand against what makes society good, they also are disrespectful about it as well.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just because there's some signs up doesn't mean there is an actual law against them being there.

What if the signs said no cars allowed would you obey them?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I want to be clear, because maybe you have reading skill issues. I was NOT the one who brought in the cop. I only said that bicycles were not allowed on that street and told the guy to read the signs. It WAS he, the ass hurt clown bike rider that got the cops involved.

What pissed me off about the cops was not that he didn't have the time to deal with it, or that he might have had better things to do, it was that he just told me to mind my own business instead of reiterated to the man on the bike that he was required to follow the street signs as required by law.

The police have no problems citing people and generating revenue under the guise of public safety but when someone's safety is truly at risk (the bicyclist, again I don't care if someone wants to earn a darwin award except when it shatters the lives of those who aren't being stupid) the cop chooses to not even take the time to remind the guy he is required to obey the law and instead chastises me for doing the job, HE should've done.

Jaden

I thought ATS would have more freedom loving people that would be willing to stand up against the corruption of the state and of police

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If the road was blocked and had signs that said, no access, I would find an alternate route...

DUH!!!

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
bunch of tattletales....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

When you put it that way seems like all parties involved are whiny douches.

Yelling at the cyclists......not your problem.

Whiny cyclists getting the cops........deserve to be slapped repeatedly.

Cop bothering to stop you and tell you about the whiny cyclists........obviously that department is overstaffed.

So much pointlessness consuming so much time.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Reads more like a rant
just my 1 cent

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

At least the cop didn't stop me, he just pulled up in the lane next to me. He had no cause to stop me.

So at least he wasn't over stepping his bounds really, just not really exercising them. The sad thing is that this douche (not saying that I wasn't also being a little douchy) will now think he can ride his bike any way he wants wherever he wants. It's sad...

Jaden

Also, it does become my problem when he's riding in front of me and impeding traffic...
edit on 8-5-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Find a little comfort in knowing that one day that cyclist will be riding two-abreast, having a conversation and get plowed while running a stop sign as so many irresponsible pedalers are known to do.

Though, seeing as how he's the type to call on the cops for words shouted from a car window he'll probbaly see it as some lifestyle affirming event that only solidifies his opinion that everyone but him is a douche all the while never noticing that it was his douchiness that put him in traction with a broken leg, a broken collar bone and two broken wrists.

Then he'll jam one of those hipster purple hearts into his spokes because getting hit while running lights and impeding the flow of traffic is somehow comparable to taking shrapnel from Tojo in the chest.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I didn't tell on anyone...

he's was the idiot that went and got the cop.

I've been in a similar situation before in Visalia that went much differently...

Some chick parked half way into a handicapped spot and halfway in a normal spot taking up both spots, so I wrote a note and put it on her windshield that she should be careful because someone with less scruples than I would've keyed her car.

She happened to be walking out of the mall to her car and saw me put the note on the car. She asked what note I had put on her car and I told her.

I told her to be careful how she parks because someone might key her car and she went off saying that I threatened to key her car.

I retorted that I obviously hadn't because her car wasn't keyed and I was just doing her and everyone else a service of letting her know that there were consequences for being a douche.

She tried to get her husband to fight me and he wanted none of it. So there happened to be a cop right there parked at the curb and she grabbed him and got him involved but then thought better of it, when he called to get a traffic cop to come out (in all likelihood to cite her for illegally parking) and she got in her car and ran off.

I have NO problem standing up and speaking my mind IN PERSON (to the person who called me an internet warrior) when I see injustice of all kinds.

The idiot bicyclists who think they own the road, the morons who park incorrectly and gang bangers...

Oh there's a good story for you....

I went to magic mountain with some friends and their friends one day, about 19-20 of us in all.

We went to the burger king outside of the park for breakfast and some little cholo gangbanger punks walk in (I used to be much less mellow in my late teens early twenties) I said (quite loud) #ing gangbanger pussies.

The friends that were with me said SHHH, I said I don't care, they could walk up to me with uzis and I would call them pussies to their faces. I have since mellowed out and smartened up (I would have to have an uzi of my own to do that today lol).

Well, we went to the park and no one thought anything about it.

We split up into smaller groups but agreed to meet up and go on the log ride at noon.

so we meet up at the log ride and we were letting people go in front of us while we were waiting for everyone to get there. A few of the friends (who had already been in line) went to the bathroom that was right outside of the log ride and a minute or so later the last of the group showed up.

So we got in line. A few people got in line behind us and then a group of six cholo ganbangers did too.

The three friends that went to the bathroom came back and one of my friends invited them to get back into line and this is where the gangbanger bullying started.

I can't stand bullying and I will ALWAYS stand up to it. He said "They ain't getting back in line" (the gang leader did), My friend explained that they were already in the line and the gangbanger said I don't give a #.

That's when I looked directly at the three people with our group out of the line and said " You get back in line NOW". These were all computer geeks for the most part and although they were apprehensive to say the least about what had gone down to that point, they became visibly frightened of me; they had just met me that morning.

The gang leader said I don't think so, and that's when I looked at him and said "I DO think so". His girlfriend siad to him "Are you gonna let him punk you like that?".

That's when he asked me if I wanted to step outside the line. I hopped over the first turnstile and he stopped...

He looked me up and down and said" Man, you're skinny". I replied "That may be true." (I was 6'1" and 185 pounds.

He replied" Man, you're crazy". I then replied, "That may be true too".

He then backed down and me and the group went on the log ride.

If everyone were like me, people might occasionally get beat up and or killed, but there just wouldn't be a market for those type of pussy gangbanger punks.

If we want a society that is good and is truly free and just, EVERYONE has to be involved. Cops can't ignore their responsibility, people can't ignore their responsibility under posse commutatus and people HAVE to be involved.

How do you think that Ron Paul is taking the majority of delegates with his supporters???

Because freedom loving people are willing to get INVOLVED. We ALL have to be willing to get involved and call people out when they are bullies, rude, or even inconsiderate.

We have to stand up and tell and show the lemmings of society how they should act.

Riding your bike and impeding traffic is selfish and risky and while we have the freedom to incur personal risk, we shouldn't be selfish and discourteous in our use of that freedom.

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I starred your last post.... thank you for that, the levity that provided was just what I needed.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join