It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have superpowers. Read this thread if you don't believe me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Boy, if those are superpowers, I'd rather hang with This guy
edit on 8-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I wouldn't call it superpowers. I would call it "developed skills". Skills that rely on a dimension of utility that science hasn't fully explored yet.

Nothing super...just not familiar.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
What OP is claiming is not a superpower but a common ability that all of us have. Understanding philosophical terms of what the world is to us. A thought is manifested and so it is a part of our reality whether another would strike it down as false or not. I see this a lot in my practice with hypnosis. You can inflict positive hallucination phenomenon in others and they swear that they see a specific thing that isn't there for the hypnotist but definitely really there for the subject. It has become part of their reality for as long as you wish (and then you obviously make it go away because you don't want them to be called a crazy person later on.
)

Making others feel more alive is also something everyone does naturally. If you smile around someone, they already get positive energy from you and also begin to smile themselves because smiles are contagious. The act of that very person smiling as well tricks their body into thinking that they must be happy because they're smiling. It's all following social cues and natural energy transfer, not a super power.

At the point that it becomes intense to a point outside the norm, then it is a superpower.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What's the Op saying again.........I'm lost and have headache.

I have no super powers so don't understand this thread.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

By your logic, what I do as a hypnotist is a super power when it really isn't. Everyone has the ability to hypnotize anyone else if they know how, not a super power. I'm affecting their reality in a very profound over the limit way, am I not when I make them see intricate clocks on the wall that aren't there, paintings, etc. am I not? Or how about whenever negative hallucination is inflicted and things that really are there are not to the subject? Such as holding a bottle and making it invisible to them but pouring water from it and them seeing water seemingly coming from nowhere. I've affected their reality again in a profound way.

It's not a super power to change someone's reality or brighten their day, we all have that ability.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I must have missed it.....What superpowers do you claim to have??

The power of my existence as exemplified by others observing my presence. I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me.

Didn't you just reverse everything in your OP? You originally wrote that everything is you, that the external is what's made of the internal you (or something like that). But, now you say that everything is them, the people made to feel more alive by being around you, instead of them making you feel more alive. lol Don't think real hard on this because my brain hurts reading it, and I'm the one that wrote it!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I wouldn't call it superpowers. I would call it "developed skills". Skills that rely on a dimension of utility that science hasn't fully explored yet.

Nothing super...just not familiar.

I'm talking about something beyond conventional personality traits. I'm talking about being able to make others empathically aware of my inner reality by them looking in my eyes. I'm talking about the look in my eyes being able to bring a deep knowledge of your own self by my own decision to be secure in the truth of my unified existence.

And I never said I had something you don't. I said I had something, which I know I do and I'm not here to convince anyone of it and I don't care what you think of me. What I was doing here was trying to show you all how to have something about yourself that is as powerful as what I know I have. I have something. Believe it or not. I'm only writing this so that you can have what it is I have if you also choose to have it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As for the rift-raft. Personal toxic attacks against other members is verboten and result in an immediate and permanent ban. Toxic posts are removed to the bin in the Admin forum where the IP of the offender is also kept if I ran this forum and well should.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Basically that he has shiny-eye power...or really shiny eyes, or something like that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

The power of my existence as exemplified by others observing my presence. I can make people feel more alive by them just being around me.

Didn't you just reverse everything in your OP? You originally wrote that everything is you, that the external is what's made of the internal you (or something like that). But, now you say that everything is them, the people made to feel more alive by being around you, instead of them making you feel more alive. lol Don't think real hard on this because my brain hurts reading it, and I'm the one that wrote it!

By me becoming more alive due to the way I perceive the universe, the universe becomes more alive in my presence. I see you as something so therefore you are that to me. My eyes project what I see. So by looking in my eyes, you can see my opinions of yourself. Now, if I choose to have particularly strong and high opinions of you, then you will see more of what I see. Now, I can have such strong and intense opinions of what I see that eye contact with me will even generate an empathic feeling in you as well as a direct transference of knowledge of the self between us both.

edit on 8-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CarolMistsofAvalon

Warning other members of bans is also against the rules.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So the party doesn't start until you walk in....got it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Doesn't this revolve around you supposedly seeing yourself seeing other stuff in your mind's eye?

There is no practical purpose to that. However, it does indicate a certain degree of narcissism...I mean, who watches themselves watching something? Is it that important that they get their expressions just right?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

First you have to grasp the reality that all is one. If you have not grasped that yet, you may not be ready for this next level of truth.

If you have grasped unity to a high enough degree, then you are ready to see that there is a connection between your own mind and the external world which includes other minds.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OP I think some misunderstanding take your thread in a tone of ego related and not data sharing of their potential gifts/skills/hidden abilities they too may possess but may not be aware of as of yet.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

So the party doesn't start until you walk in....got it.

No. The party doesn't start until YOU walk in.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
OP I think some misunderstanding take your thread in a tone of ego related and not data sharing of their potential gifts/skills/hidden abilities they too may possess but may not be aware of as of yet.

All I'm doing here is trying to show people that their existence and their opinions of existence very much matters.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Doesn't this revolve around you supposedly seeing yourself seeing other stuff in your mind's eye?

No, I don't think so.

This is more like what I see is me and therefore my opinions of what I see is an opinion of myself.

But also, what you see is you and your opinions of what you see make up you.

And, when one has become adept at creating high opinions, then your inner world shines into the outer.
edit on 8-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
“I exist as I am, that is enough.”*

I am all that I appear to be

Or I am none of these things at all.

In me is the end of the old world, a beginning of the new

I am the pheonix, rising in flames

To set the whole world alight.

Change flies through

Everything I am, everything I can be.

Altering everything and yet nothing

All seems the same, but is completely different.

My perceptions change, as the world stagnates

Running in an endless circle, to end up

Back where humanity began, in chaos and confusion

It is our home, we always return to it.

The endless cycle repeats, altering

And altered by humanity.

Everything repeats, different and the same.

Figures from the past rise out of the future to greet me.

I am what I am, in the end,

And that is all I am. Yet,

So much different from what I was,

Or what I had planned to be.

* Walt Whitman Song of Myself

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've yet to see a response to my latest post, OP. I'm becoming sorely disappointed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join