It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is going to sound crazy, but I thought I would put it out anyway.

My husband is something of a human seismograph. Seriously. I don't know how he does it, but as he sits in his office chair he feels vibrations in the ground. I don't feel them, but he claims he does.

He didn't pay much attention to this phenomenon until late in the day March 10, 2011. He felt a series of vibrations that bothered him, and he mentioned something to me, but I figured that he was sitting on his duff for too long and maybe his butt was going to sleep. He asked if perhaps we lived close to some railroad tracks, and I said there aren't tracks for at least 50 miles.

However, he woke me at two in the morning on March 11th and told me about the Japanese earthquake, as he had just seen it on the breaking news (he's a night owl).

Every time he feels these strange ground vibrations, there is usually a sizable earthquake a while later. I don't understand it, because we are on stable ground in an area that gets zero quakes (the caprock of west Texas), but he swears by it.

Approximately 1/2 hour ago, he said that he felt a fairly strong series of vibrations and claims that a big one is coming somewhere. I checked on globalincidentmap.com, and saw nothing, but he is adamant about his claim.

Therefore, I thought I'd share it. I sure hope he's wrong, the world has enough trouble as it is, and if that earthquake happens in northern Japan, with reactor #4 teetering on the brink of collapse...Well, 'nuff said.

It's OK if you think he's a kook, and I'm Mrs. Kook for posting this, but so far his rate of accuracy has been close to 100%. We shall see.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It will be fairly easy for you to find out. Just go to the quakewatch 2012 thread. Those people are scary fast at listing new quakes.
I'll be checking back, just to see. It will be pretty interesting if he is right.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe he's like George Malley (John Travolta) in the movie Phenomenon! You should have him call the USGS and tell them what's about to happen. Either they laugh at him or he is taken in and studied (if it happens).
edit on 8-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The fact that you felt compelled to warn us is commendable , ty for that.
I'm glad you took the initiative to post considering all the naysayers.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that he's wrong but there are people in all kinds of situations that are somehow more sensitive to things , seismic activity included!

Thanks again , and be sure to thank him.

Be safe

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
judging by the time frame of "late in the day March 10th" to 02:00am March 11th, I would say that we could expect something within 2-10 hours, give or take...

We shall see.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
With all the solar hubbub going around, this is interesting...

Thank you OP!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Either they laugh at him or he is taken in and studied (if it happens).

neither of those seem like desirable outcomes

edit on 8-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Actually I have the same chair so to speak...There was an earthquake one state away one morning and I asked my wife "Did you feel that?" Are you running the washing machine (what it sort of felt like). She goes no...I go to work and get on a subject of something and tell my Boss I felt something odd this morning and comes in a few minutes later to tell me there was an earthquake at the exact time I said I felt something that morning.

So I believe this a bit but it was during not a build up or something...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I had a dream last night about reading about a 9.0 on ATS!! My dreams seem so surreal lately...garsh.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Either they laugh at him or he is taken in and studied (if it happens).

neither of those seem like desirable outcomes

edit on 8-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

Well yeah but if he's sensitive to earthquakes then maybe there's something to earthquake prediction. Therefore he would be somewhat of a pioneer in the study.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks y'all. I know it's crazy as all get out, but he and I both have Asperger's. I don't have a clue how he feels vibrations, because his chair is sitting on a thick circular rug on top of a regular carpet, but he hasn't been wrong yet. Usually he is so absorbed in what he is doing, you could smack him upside the head with a skillet and he wouldn't notice, but when he makes a big deal about the ground vibrations, because of last year's Japan quake, I tend to take notice.

He has mentioned it a few times since then, and there's usually a nice fat earthquake somewhere across the globe.

Which begs the question, how can the ground in Texas vibrate when a tectonic plate across the globe is fixing to shift??

Again, I hope he's wrong. I'm not trying to fearmonger, but when he goes out of his way to mention it, he's usually correct, and it freaks me out. Let's cross our fingers that maybe it was just a big truck rattling down the road about 1/2 mile away, or his rear was just asleep from watching stocks all day.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Are you the lady that posted on that thread about the alternative way of predicting quakes? Your husband sounds like the one I had read about on that thread. I find it very interesting and don't doubt that he is truly feeling something.

Side note:
Anytime someone predicts a quake or happening on this site I write it on my calendar. Coming up we have a mega-quake predicted for May 11. Because of alignment someone predicted a 8+ on the 14th. And I have a note to watch the 19 & 20. The mega quake would fit in with what your husband is saying.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

TY for the heads up.

Over in the sand box we had a guy that swears he could hear mortars and other artillery rounds coming in. He was right about 90% of the time. We called him the "Mortar Magi" for being able to predict it. The other type were "Mortar Magnets", you didn't really want to hang around them too much.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

No, that wasn't me, and I must have missed that thread, but I'll be sure to find it and check it out.

I was the one who wrote about my fear of a tornado outbreak back in February, I think, the outbreak in which a bunch of people died later that night and the weather forecasters dropped the ball on it. However, I go by the winds out here, so I don't consider myself extra-sensitive, just extra-observant about the weather.

I am the wind lady, and he is the ground-shaking guy. LOL. I still hope he's wrong, but why not put it out there? The worst that can happen is that people come back and say, "Yup. Just lack of oxygen on the posterior from sitting all day".

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If your hubby IS right, it's time for him to become a member of ATS.

edit on 8-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The other type were "Mortar Magnets", you didn't really want to hang around them too much.
reply to post by thesungod

LOL!! With one daughter, one step-daughter, and two sons-in-law in the military, I think that's pretty funny! A Mortar Magnet has no friends in the field.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
hmm interesting i know this is off topic but im pretty shure thats a superhuman ability witch i belev we all have one u just have to find it..... anywho fission ur one of the people i trust on here ive read alot of your post and this is chilling lets just hope hes wrong

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'll be following this thread for sure.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

+36 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
This thread makes me think that people are bored in here, let's star and flag absolutly nothing

Nothing else to ad for a second line.

You had nothing to add to begin with.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join