It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe we should just send them all Pandas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
[Yes, that's right. Why don't we just send all the worlds naughty worlds leaders, a pair of Pandas

In the film Very Important Pandas, which is about our relationship with them and how they come to have such a grip on our imaginations, it also highlight an interesting fact about what happens when Pandas get involved with politics.

China's Panda 'diplomacy' - SEND MORE PANDAS!

Many world leaders who was given a pair of pandas in the 1970s fell from power pretty soon afterwards.

Richard Nixon - President of united States of America received two giant pandas, Ling-Ling and Hsing-Hsing, from the Peoples Republic of China. The pandas were given as a token of friendship in response to President Nixon's goodwill trip to China in 1972. Then in 74 Nixon resigned after it became apparent he was going to be impeached due to the Watergate scandal

Watergate
Ling-Ling & Hsing-Hsing

Tanaka - Prime Minister of Japan In October 1972, Lan Lan and Kang Kang were sent to Japan. In 1976 Kakuei Tanaka was found guilty of accepting bribes from the US Lockheed Corporation

On February 6, 1976, the vice-chairman of Lockheed told the Senate subcommittee that Lockheed had paid approximately $3 million in bribes to the office of Japanese Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka for aid in the matter.[9]

Lockheed + Tanaka
Tanka & Pandas

Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands was also given a pair of Pandas and in 1976 the Lockheed scandal came to light, kind of tarnishing Bernhards reputation as a person who puts efforts to promote the economic well-being of the country. Bernhards had to step down from many public positions and was forbidden to wear his military uniforms again.

Bernhard & Lockheed

Edward Heath - Prime minister of Britain was given two Pandas from china in 1974 after requesting to have a pair during a visit to china to strengthen their relations. Though not as scandalous as Nixons, the gift of pandas Heath's failed in his reelection campaign, and was also removed from his position as Leader of the Conservative Party in 1975.

Ling-Ling & Hsing-Hsing

This is no conspiracy, well I highly, highly doubt it is - I just thought I'd share it as I found it rather funny

So, shall we send in the cavalrie and hope for the best

edit on 8-5-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

join