It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Obama Admin Drafted Memo to Blame Military If Bin Laden Mission Failed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Heres a good article on Michael Mukasey Rudy Giuliani. George Bush, Alberto Gonzales, Bernard Kerik and how he ties into them all. Not to count immunity to telecommunications companies and letting the bankers all off on corruption.

www.villagevoice.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And heres another article for those who want to know who Michael Mukasey is.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Kevin Zeese, a Naderite lawyer, filed petitions seeking to have 12 former Bush administration officials disbarred for their role in the torture memos.

Former Bush Administration Officials

David Addington, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff

John Ashcroft, attorney general

Stephen Bradbury, Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel

Jay Bybee, Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel

Michael Chertoff, homeland security secretary

Douglas Feith, undersecretary of defense

Alice Fisher, director of the Justice Department's Criminal Division

Timothy Flanigan, deputy White House counsel

Alberto Gonzales, attorney general and White House counsel

William Haynes, Pentagon lawyer

Michael Mukasey, attorney general

John Yoo, Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel

Approved Interrogation Techniques:

Sleep deprivation: Detainee is deprived of sleep for more than 48 hours.

Nudity: Used to cause psychological discomfort.

Dietary manipulation: Substituting liquid meal replacements for solid food.

Abdominal slap: Striking the abdomen with the back of an open hand.

Attention grasp: Grasping detainee with both hands and pulling forward

Facial slap: Slapping detainee's face with fingers spread.

Facial hold: Keeps head immobile

Waterboarding: Pouring water over face of detainee, who is lying at an angle on his back, head lowered.

Water dousing: Cold water is poured on detainee.

Wall standing: Forcing detainee to stand with feet spread, arms outstretched, fingers resting on the wall, not permitted to move.

Cramped confinement: Restricting movement in a typically dark space

Confinement with insects: use of a stinging insect to threaten a suspect in a confinement box

Walling: Slamming detainee into a wall.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Quit listening to Fox News....seriously.

I don't like Obama, because I know he's a puppet for the evil people.
But Fox News has been caught lying so many times.

This article is BS.

Just like that other article from Fox News being discussed on this website that you link to....me and others already debunked that one.

The general who said those things retired from military in 2003 and started working for Fox News....
how anyone can trust that guy, who claims he knows top secret stuff in the military in 2010, 7 years after he left the military, is beyond me.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can I get a 'yes we can!!

Can I get a "where's your proof"???

I am supposed to believe Bush's attorney general without any proof at all about something

Here is exactly what he had to say about it and him and Hannity pretending to be psychics and "knowing" what Obama was going to use it for.

There was a memo from Leon Panetta that described the authority that was given to McCraven and it was to proceed according to the risks, only according to the risks that had been outline to the president.

And if he encountered anything else, he had to check back. You better believe if anything else had been encountered and the mission had failed, then the blame would have fall own McCraven. That's what that is about.

So McCraven was supposed to check in with the COMMANDER IN CHIEF if anything outside the defined risks were encountered.

And Hannity, and some ATS members here, are saying that is Obama blaming the military.

I understand why Hannity does it...he does it to trick people stupid enough to believe it...I don't understand why ATS members would fall for it....unless.....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good job on the facts...not that anyone in this thread will listen.

People just hate Obama...and they are willing to sacrafice their own intelligence to do so.

I mean for gods sake....they are parroting HANNITY....nothing we say to them will get through to them if they are repeating anything Hannity says.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If that is the actual memo I dont see the big deal. This is really reaching by Fox and Friends.

But, either way would we really have known if the mission failed anyway?? I dont think so.

I wonder why the timing of all of this. Is this the GOP getting some dirt stirred up before the election?? LOL.

While this stupid stuff is going on RP is just spitten real knowledge. I cant wait the first reporter to ask him "hey, RP what do you think about the memo implying that the President wanted to blame the Military if the Bin Laden Mission Failed"...RP: "He should of posted the memo on his Facebook so all of American could see. Like he promised he would do for the American People. Obama ran on a ticket of "Change, and Open Communication with the American People. Everything will be "Online" for all to check out and have a voice on. Yah right."

This is all Political Hardball and you know the Military, especially those higher ups who were put in place by you know who are basically a Republican type Government Agency, just like the EPA or DMV are run by the Liberal side.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
how would have the public even found out.

if the raid failed, there wouldn't have even been 1 blurb in any of the media.

just like probably the dozens of missions that have failed over the years.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Indigo5

I mean for gods sake....they are parroting HANNITY....nothing we say to them will get through to them if they are repeating anything Hannity says.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

You are damn right. Hannity, O'Reilly are scumbags, you can't trust a word from those folks. They are almost unbearable to listen to. This past week Hannity was defending the use of waterboarding (enhanced interrogation), makes me sick.

Oh by the way, Obama is a scumbag too!

edit on 8-5-2012 by Patifier because: To curse Obama too!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

Thank GOD for the Water boarding ability.

When you in a WAR, that you didn't start.

GLOVES OFF> WIN any way possible.

We are being too nice.

Let the military do what it does best- KILL THE ENEMY.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I didn't know that there were still people on ATS that believed OBL was killed in 2011.

They got rid of every shred of evidence after changing their story several times.

It was a slap in the face to me.

But what better way to sink the hook than create a letter to keep the partisans bickering.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm sure it's been said over and over... I must too!! BinL would have too been alive for them to carry out a plan for anyone to be successful at. It's it true that all NSeals involved are now dead?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

People just hate Obama...and they are willing to sacrafice their own intelligence to do so.

And People Just Love Obama..................and are willing to turn a blind eye ,because they truly believe in his BS.
Talk about sacrificing intelligence....................

Personally,I would love to see the memo also. That doesn't mean I don't have enough on Obama,and his treasonous administration already. From NDAA to Fast and Furious to resigning the Patriot Act,this man has continued down the road of systematically destroying this country. Nothing is safe,with this administration.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You folks will have to waive the ban on one-line replies, because there is only one word that fits here:

CHICKEN-S**T

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

dailycaller.com...

There is a time magazine link in this thread.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you're still grasping for straws trying to twist something our current president had a part in that was ACTUALLY PRODUCTIVE in to something else to demonize him with. He's done plenty to make himself look bad, this was not one of those things.

Don't you get tired of making these threads?

I'd suggest a hobby...something that doesn't take much critical thought. Perhaps stamp-collecting?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just another failure, his followers turn a blind eye to.

Sad.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With exception for anyone who bothered to do the research could have easily found this article from Time

swampland.time.com... just easier to sit there and bash Fox News.

For the record.

Your linked article did not declare Obama's memo an attempt to shift blame - unlike the Fox News Hannity interview with Mulasky - which is exactly where the OP's headline came from. So blaming Fox News is exactly right in this case, as it usually is.

The memo doesn't shift blame at all, and is the sort of thing any responsible CiC would do. It states that the ultimate responsibility still lay with the CiC, requires that anything exceeding the initial mission profile be approved by the CiC, while giving the head of the Navy Seals the latitude to make any on-the-field calls as they come up.

Only Fox "news" could possibly spin this into something negative, but then that's all they do over there. Report news? Pffft, they're too bust fabricating it to suit their political agenda.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wonder how many people on this thread have a password for this link.
link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join