It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media's bias may benefit the Ron Paul Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So I went to vote here in Indiana today, and when I got there it was dead. one other voter was there voting. This was around 12:15pm which would normally be a hopping time for voting.

Here is what I noticed:

The only people there were a couple city people running, and a few people handing out fliers with the words:

Vote for the
Conservative,
Constitutional,
and Liberty Slate.

Delegates for the Indiana GOP Convention.

On the backside was the name of all of the area delegates who are pretty much Ron Paul supporters, though it didn't say anything about Ron Paul on the flier.

Under that was a list of 6 people from my district they wanted me to vote for.

When I got to the voting booth, I chose my candidate for President, then went through the other elections (local, State), and finally I got to the area where I choose the Delegates for my district.

Of course I had no Idea who was who, and had no clue what they stood for, but what I did have was this flier which told me exactly which 6 people to choose.

Another interesting note is that it seems the voters who did show up were young Ron Paul supporters, and that most of the republican Voters seem to think it is over and won't even bother voting. This is good, as long as the Ron Paul supporters actually show up in numbers.

I don't think Ron Paul will win the Indiana Primary, but I do think he will get the delegates. I live in one of the college towns, so naturally we would see more RP supporters, but sadly most of Indiana are blind as a bat when it comes to issues and will just vote for whom ever the people in their church is voting for.

Romney and the Media had better start paying attention though, because they seem to be giving the Ron Paul camp an advantage, since his (Ron Paul) supporters are the only ones that don't see this as over. The thinking of "why vote if the news says it's already decided" will only hurt his campaign. He's not even trying any more, and neither are his "people".
edit on 8-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey TW!

Nicely done. What I want you to do now, is verify the list that you received against the Indiana for Paul Website and verify that they indeed match with the selections. I had not seen these fliers yet.

Keep up the good fight!
edit on 5/8/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I double checked when I got home and found one of the names on a area Ron Paul website.

I was unable to find the website you sent me at the time, but have now looked at it, and all names match.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mitt supporters don't make much of a showing for anything, including to vote..yet somehow he always wins the 'popular' vote.

But RP gets the delegates because, naturally, they show up and are active and you have to be there in person to get the delegates..unlike the 'popular' voting which seems largely invisible.

That's what has been most frustrating to me to watch..but I'm confidant Ron Paul will pull it off in the end. Its too clear how much more support he has from real people than Mitt has.

Thanks for the update OP
edit on 5/8/2012 by toepick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

It is interesting to note that we do have electronic voting. I highly disagree with this and find the system impossible to have checks and balance's.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

It's funny to watch them struggle because they don't have anybody that really cares about them. That's what happens when you try to media program people after feeding them the same old crap for decades.

Geez, if only they gave Paul any coverage.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
EXACTLY, they have spent so much time doggin out Obamney that they wont see it comin. They thought those state take all delegates would seal the deal, but some of those delegates will sit out and not vote first vote. People are gonna be like WTF, besides, its gonna be hard to elect Willard when there are 5 million paul supporters with signs outside chanting PREZ PAUL.

new topics

top topics

join