It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture shows how all the water on Earth would fit into one 860-mile-wide ball

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Short but sweet as the picture says it all really. But have they really done the sums properly.
Here is the link

When people talk about our water supply running out, it's often difficult to imagine - but according to the U.S. government's Geological Survey, all the water on Earth would fit into an 860-mile-wide bubble. Around 70% of Earth's surface IS water-covered - but it's a very, very thin layer. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

"....According to the story, of the descent of the Ganga, once a number of demons were harassing the hermits by disturbing them in their ascetic duties. During the day, they would be chased into the ocean. But in the darkness of the night, they would emerge from the ocean and start harassing the hermits again. In desperation the hermits appealed to Rishi Agastya. Agastya, known for his gastronomic powers, drank all the water of the ocean. Though this was done in good faith, it resulted in depriving the world of the water needed for sustenance and the earth became parched and dry. Bhagiratha brought this drought to and end. ............Agastya having drunk all the waters of the ocean, the country was passing through a severe drought. Bhagiratha prayed to Brahma, the Creator, to end the drought. Brahma asked him to pray to Vishnu, the Preserver, to allow the heavenly Ganga, issuing from His big toe, to come down to earth. Vishnu when prayed to by Bhagiratha agreed, but asked him to request Shiva.....www.salagram.net...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
and....
Seahorse is the title given to forty-seven species of marine fish in the genus Hippocampus. "Hippocampus" comes from the Ancient Greek hippos meaning "horse" and kampos meaning "sea-monster".[2]
upload.wikimedia.org...[

Originally posted by boncho
I would actually be more interested in seeing what a sphere of the entire earth population looks like balled up.

*With clothes on...

-or maybe not.

Not sure which would be funnier.

-----------

Edit, poster above beat me to it.

edit on 8-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Timeline of human evolution

530 Ma Pikaia is an iconic ancestor of modern chordates and vertebrates.[4] Other, earlier chordate predecessors include Myllokunmingia fengjiaoa,[5] Haikouella lanceolata,[6] and Haikouichthys ercaicunensis.[7]
The lancelet, still living today, retains some characteristics of the primitive chordates. It resembles Pikaia.

Conodont Conodonts are a famous type of early (495 Mya and later) chordate fossil

480 Ma The Placodermi were prehistoric fishes.
Flatworm

The River of Life

Noah's Ark Found?

bloodpipe.blogspot.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

www.changemakers.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think part of why it's so hard to visualize the ball covering the whole ocean is the fact that the continents have dark outlines around them. If they were thinner or absent, then we wouldn't be tripped up by the illusion of such depth in the depiction of the seabed.

As it is, I can only manage to see a third of the ocean filling up.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
WOW it is amazing at how many people here didn't do basic science when they were a kid.
Im going to guess it some crazy religious thing

Originally posted by nii900

Noah's Ark Found?

bloodpipe.blogspot.com...

Theres over 8 million species on this planet how the hell do you think noah managed that on such a tiny boat

edit on 24-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

i dunno,,,
i think its called - compactification

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
I'm sorry... I can't believe that.

I dont think thats accurate. I really had to do the math myself to actually believe such a claim.
I thought the same thing, but consider the ball is also 860 miles high. I don't think the picture does it justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join