It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van impounded despite phone number on the side.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by AwakeinNM

So did you have to pay the parking tickets? I sure hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if you said yes.

No, or the towing fee, either. At least they were decent about it after they found it. This was 20 years ago. I bet that wouldn't happen today. The car was trashed, too. Transmission was shot. Cops said it was probably used to haul drugs up from NYC and then ditched.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by cavalryscout

But, but, but, aside from the phone number, business name, and web site, there was absolutely no way to contact the owner. Well, okay, it did have a license plate. But still, how much deep research are these guys expected to do?

Sounds like illegal use of license plate information had they used it to contact him. They're only supposed to be used for writing tickets and fines no?

I don't think it's illegal, at least where I live. I called the DMV one time with the plate number of a car I didn't recognize sitting in my ex-wife's driveway. Turned out it belonged to her mother. They had no problem telling me who the owner was, though. That's been several years ago. Rules might have changed since then.

Besides, his name and number was printed on the side of the van. They could have at least called that number.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Hi my name's Boncho.

I'm known for my sarcasm.

-kiss face-

new topics

<< 1   >>

join