It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 timeline of the ever tightening grip of the police state on America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

January 1st - The previous day, Dec. 31st 2011, President Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) giving himself and future sitting presidents the authority to detain anyone, including american citizens for any period of time without telling them why and without telling teir families where they are being kept. www.infowars.com/president-obamas-ndaa-signing-statement-i-have-the-power-to-detain-americans-but-i-wont/

January 15th - SOPA, the Stop Online Piracy Act, is shelved indefinately by the House of Reps. SOPA would enable the government to crack down on free speech online. Essentially, posting a video fo one of your favorite songs on your facebook would be illegal under SOPA. The bill is not dead. www.forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/2012/01/18/what-are-sopa-and-pipa-and-why-all-the-fuss/

January 18th - PIPA, the Protect IP Act, is shelved indefinately. PIPA is similar to SOPA. blog.rockmelt.com/post/13558587507/why-pipa-and-sopa-are-a-very-bad-idea-and-what-you-can-d

January 31st - DHA report states that 'domestic terrorists' could be anyone. start.umd.edu/start/publications/research_briefs/LaFree_Bersani_HotSpotsOfUSTerrorism.pdf

members.beforeitsnews.com...

a good rundown of events that have happened this year that involve martial law or government prep for a civil war in america. i dont think anyone in ATS has any doubt what so ever that America is a fascist corporate police state.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think that you will find plenty of people defending the actions of this "great nation".

Perhaps your statement should read that all THINKING people realize that we have become a fascist nation run by corporations.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Whenever I bring up this kind of stuff to "average joes", they tend to look at me like I'm nuts. The fact of the matter is, all of this stuff is being passed into law and people are looking the other way. This is the problem in America right now, and it's killing this nation.

The only portion of this timeline I would consider questionable is the may 3rd story "Story comes out from a private investigator with sources inside the DHS that they are preparing for a civil war inside the United States". Just because people have speculated that this is just one "official" trying to sell something.

It's also too bad this has to be on "before it's news", that site doesn't seem to have a very good reputation. Regardless, pretty much everything in there is true because we have been watching Obama sign all of this stuff into law, it's no secret...

Thanks, S&F.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

people aren't looking away, people aren't looking at all. they are too distracted by material # to give a damn about the reality of the situation around them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A saw who it came from, and immediately discarded it.

Sorcha Faal..

new topics

top topics

join