It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing is everything?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
First let me just simply ask that the reader listen to what I'm saying to you here; I am not asking for belief whatsoever- only to listen to what I am saying, and then consider the possibility:

Look at the Genesis flood account. There is something odd there that most just gloss over- but it is in fact quite peculiar: there is a timeline embedded in it. Now, why does this author seem to think it's necessary to include a timetable in this story? Can you think of any possible reason the author thought to include that the flood began on the 17th day of the 2nd month? Why tell the reader the very day and month the tops of the mountains were seen? Or that the covering was removed on the 1st day of the 1st month?

It doesn't look like any of the other flood myths needed to include specific day/month timbetables in their accounts so what gives? This question is especially apt if you believe that the author of the bible is in fact the Creator. Why would the Creator do something others don't? Why put this timetable in the account? Of what possible use is this information?

In fact, of all of the events of the bible, you will only find 6 that have timetables embedded into them. Another example is the military campaign of the King of Babel. Of all the kings and wars and battles in the bible, there's not so much a mention of timing. But, suddenly, when we get to the King of Babel- there's a timetable embedded. Again, of what possible use is this information?

What is the flood? It is a global judgment event, right? What did God call the military campaign of the King of Babel? God said that he himself was sending the King of Babel to judge the earth. Another event with a timetable is Purim (book of Esther). Purim was about what? Judgment. And then there was the exodus which God said was, a judgment event against the gods of Egypt.

Consider my hypothesis:

God is using the past to predict the future. These earthly judgment events are being used by God to convey the events of the final judgment of the earth; the "heavenly judgment" as it were. The reason God has put these days and months in the bible is because he is sending timing information to the generation that would be alive at the time of judgment. When these people begin to see these things coming to pass just as God has foretold in the bible through including these dates, then they will begin to show others "these things are clearly coming to pass on these dates that were recorded" and through this, sovereignty over creation is demonstrated.

Now, but God is using the earthly things as pictures of heavenly things; so the Genesis 6 flood is a picture of something ; so don't look for a flood of earthly water this time, but a flood of "heavenly" water, as it were. Now, whatever "heavenly" water may be, I am hypothesizing here that it will be readily apparent, "Okay it was Iyyar 17 when this 'flood of X' clearly began" or "Okay it was Tevet 10 when this King and his "host" arrived; etc.

So there is my prediction; now let's all watch and see if we notice things occuring on these days, because I'm convinced that we will! Take note that my hypothesis doesn't include any years, since the only info that is being flat-out given is the day/month timetable.

So that is it. Remember- not asking for belief at all- just, consideration, and then WATCH

I am also open to considering other reasonable hypotheses for why these dates are being included; but so far only "timing information" makes any sense; and perfect sense at that.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done

Ec 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
edit on 8-5-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't believe the Bible was written by God.

But..for the sake of the argument...what is exactly your prediction? I'm failing to see it...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I do believe the Bible was written by God.

But..for the sake of understanding...what is exactly your prediction? I'm failing to see it...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

But..for the sake of the argument...what is exactly your prediction? I'm failing to see it...

Forgive me, my laughter is good-natured; that is just funny on so many levels. It's just funny, man; laugh with me here.

My prediction is this: the 4 judgment events (flood/exodus/war of king of confusion/purim) are all going to occur in the very near future according to the exact day/month timetable embedded into the event. Does that make sense?

edit:

Okay let me illustrate with the Noah flood:

Look at the account and you see a timeline embedded in it; the day/month that it started, how many days the waters prevailed; the day/month the waters began to decrease; the day/month the tops of the mountains are seen; the day/month the ark rests/the day/month the cover is opened; I mean, think about it: the day/month the tops of the mountains are seen? That is one apparently obssessed timeline when God is writing into his alleged "eternal witness" book information for us to know when the tops of the mountains were first seen?

But if my hypothesis is correct: then it makes perfect sense, at the very least.

Consider the Noah flood is like a prophecy of the final judgment upon the earth; there really was water and a boat and such, but God is using these as prophetic pictures; so in the near future, on the very day of Iyyar 17; the REAL flood will begin; only it won't be "earthly" waters sweeping everyone away- but "heavenly" waters- whatever those may be; and the events will all play themselves out, according to the same timeline written down long ago.

I will say here that is looks to me that this is the 5th trumpet; that is to say that the 5th trumpet in the Rev will "sound" on Iyyar 17, and that the locust army shown there is our "heavenly flood": I say this because the flood is given a prevailance time of 5 months (the flood waters prevail 5 months) which is the specific duration given for the 5th trumpet.

Look here:

2Ki 25:1 And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it; and they built forts against it round about.

Jer 52:4 And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came, he and all his army, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it, and built forts against it round about.

Eze 24:1 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.

Does God not seem a tad obssessed with getting that specific day/month written down: write down the day! this same day! he launched his war THIS SAME DAY!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrCobb

Forgive me, my laughter is good-natured; that is just funny on so many levels. It's just funny, man; laugh with me here.

My prediction is this: the 4 judgment events (flood/exodus/war of king of confusion/purim) are all going to occur in the very near future according to the exact day/month timetable embedded into the event. Does that make sense?

I'm full of fails today...but I'm again failing to see what is funny on so many levels? Please share...I like to laugh also.

Flood, exodus, wars of kings...all happened before. Don't know what purim is though.

Note to you...these Apocalypse forewarnings have been done for 2 millenia now...we are still waiting.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm full of fails today...but I'm again failing to see what is funny on so many levels? Please share...I like to laugh also.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Flood, exodus, wars of kings...all happened before. Don't know what purim is though.

Note to you...these Apocalypse forewarnings have been done for 2 millenia now...we are still waiting.

Okay, thanks for the info. I have to honestly confess I'm not sure why you transmit it? Are you under the impression that this somehow affects my hypothesis? Remember, I'm certainly not asking anyone to believe anything I'm saying. In fact, I know it won't be believed; what I am asking is, listen to my hypothesis, don't believe it- but watch and see if it is validated by reality. You know. Just in case.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

But..for the sake of understanding...what is exactly your prediction? I'm failing to see it...

I edited the second post to illustrate what I am saying with perhaps a little more clarity.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I edited the second post to illustrate what I am saying with perhaps a little more clarity.

I am reading those as events from the past, for example during Nebuchadrezzar reign. Is there something I am missing that these event are in the future, or will recur? Is there someone to stand in for Nebuchadrezzar, for example? Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

So according to you...god was...not only "doing" the flood...he was letting us know when the next one will be? Or are you disputing that the original flood happened?

And for the record...you say it will be soon...but no year specified...

So when is this to happen? If we are to certify your prophecy...we would need to know some timeline. No month or day specifics necessary.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I am reading those as events from the past, for example during Nebuchadrezzar reign. Is there something I am missing that these event are in the future, or will recur? Is there someone to stand in for Nebuchadrezzar, for example? Thanks.

According to my hypothesis, God is using these 4 judgment events of the past to foreshadow THE 4 judgment events of the future. For instance, the whole Genesis Noah flood (it doesn't matter to my hypothesis if this is a literal event or not) is God saying, "See this? This is a model- it is a preview in visible pictures- it is a prediction, a prophecy to be interpreted: this global judgment event is a picture of the BIG KAHUNA to come; and I am embedding the exact timetable right now!"

So it is not really a question of "is there someone to stand in for Neb" but "who was Neb standing in for?"; according to my hypothesis- in the near future, on Tevet 10 we will find out; because just like David was a picture of Jesus, Neb is a picture of? Okay, if you aren't aware of this, this is interesting: "Babylon" isn't really a Hebrew word; and only exists in English translations, being the "Gentile" name. But in the actual Hebrew it is called BABEL, right? The King of BABEL is how it actually reads. So, if you know the Gen 11 Babel account you know that the word means "confusion"; and so, we literally have here the title KING OF CONFUSION; so, 3 guesses on who Neb is a picture of.

So my hypothesis says: the King of Confusion will come with all of his "host" to launch his attack against Jerusalem on Tevet 10, and the war will run the exact same timetable as the "King of Babel" picture of Neb

So we are going to be shortly living through the 4 judgment events of the bible: flood/exodus/attack of king of confusion/purim along the exact same timetables embedded into them. So my hypothesis is explaining why God is embedding seemingly irrelevant day/month information solely into these 4 judgment events.

So look at it this way: tomorrow will be Iyyar 17. If something really alarming occurs; something that you look at and go, "Okay this is very alarming, and I can DEFINITELY see why God would uses a flood of waters as a picture of this!" then you can go, "Okay- this is Iyyar 17 and this is the opening of the windows of heaven, etc. and so I can expect this event to continue for 5 months at which time, etc."

Then, if nothing happens; nope. Not a flood today at all. Next Iyyar 17; same thing. But my hypothesis says that at some point, you will be saying, "Yes, Iyyar 17, this is the flood; Okay, Tevet 10 this is the King of Confusion, and so on Av 7 he will be burning the temple", etc. and so on and so forth

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
An interesting hypothesis, especially when viewed in the esoteric as only the future being set, and the past in flux (which is the viewpoint I ascribe to).

I have a question, though: what leads you to believe that the earth will be subjected to these judgements any time soon? In your hypothesis, no year is given, and so it could refer to any point in the future at all.

I am a professor of ancient near eastern religions, so I'm always happy to discuss interpretations.
edit on 8-5-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by MrCobb

So according to you...god was...not only "doing" the flood...he was letting us know when the next one will be?

Exactly. I hypothesize that these 4 events with timetables embedded; we can look at them as God's way of making a prediction of the end. So this isn't really me predicting anything, it's me saying, "I hypothesize we have a new contestant in the date-setting game"

Or are you disputing that the original flood happened?

It doesn't really matter to the hypothesis, no. All that really matters is the information conveyed.

And for the record...you say it will be soon...but no year specified...

That's right; the hypothesis is from the information so the day/month is clear, but the years? That's a different hypothesis.

So when is this to happen? If we are to certify your prophecy...we would need to know some timeline. No month or day specifics necessary.

According to the hypothesis you have the timelines right there in the bible. Not just the timelines, but the very events that will be occurring- though, whether you would interpret a mighty warrior conquering with his sword as literal, or perhaps to signify a great teacher convincing people of his teaching; is naturally up to you. All there really is to do is to watch and see if , you know, "that which was is that which will be"

but if my hypothesis is correct, then the sheer magnitude of the information that's just been freely handed out is like, "abovetopsecret" doesn't even begin to describe it

Okay, but, to satisfy anyone that just HAS to have a year- let me just say that I would place a bounday of, maybe, 2015 or so. Nothing in stone here; just a kind of, if you just HAVE to have a year.

But as far as the initial hypothesis; the only explaination is for the day/month info

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
An interesting hypothesis, especially when viewed in the esoteric as only the future being set, and the past in flux (which is the viewpoint I ascribe to).

I have a question, though: what leads you to believe that the earth will be subjected to these judgements any time soon? In your hypothesis, no year is given, and so it could refer to any point in the future at all.

I am a professor of ancient near eastern religions, so I'm always happy to discuss interpretations.

The information from the bible isn't express enough for me to hypothesize a year; just want to be abundantly clear about that; and that what I am about to say has no bearing on the previous.

I'm throwing a yellow "caution" circle around 2015-2016 based on the commentary of Isaac Newton. I had someone show me this a while ago - you may recall a "Newton 2060 end" circulating not maybe a year or so ago - and I looked into it and the information is actually there. Based on his interpretation of Daniel, he predicted that in the future the Jews would return to the land of Israel and that Jerusalem would be restored to the Jews and that would begin a 49-year countdown to the second coming.

So, looking at the history, the 6-Day War and the July 7, 1967 capture of Jerusalem meets the criteria for a return of Jerusalem to the Jews. But was Newton wanting the count to be by the "360-day prophetic year" or by our "365-day literal year"? That will determine where the end count comes out. Either 2015 or 2016. Is this the end date? I don't know for sure, but I do know that it will be 49 years from a command to return Jerusalem to the Jews; so, hands seem tied here.

and as long as we're talking years - this year, Tevet 10 falls on Dec 23 on the Gregorian. That's one of the two proposed end dates for the Mayan long-count, so that's odd enough for me to toss out another yellow circle around Dec 23 and say, "When they're hyping Tevet 10; that's a tad askew"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well,

Iyyar 17th of this year is tomorrow May 9th, 2012. At least we can check this year off or on as a result of tomorrow's news for your hypothesis.

I love your thread and the thoughts behind it. I'll give you a great example of how these days have been used in the timing of major events.

Passover (Abib 14th):

1. The day Abraham offered up Issac (willing to sacrifice his only son, firstborn male child, to obey God)
2. Egypt and the 10 plagues; The death of the firstborn male child due to disobedience to the commands of God (letting God's people go).
3. The death of Jesus Chrsit on the pole/stake/tree (not a cross). During this exact same day of the hebrew year God sacrificed his only son so that sins may be forgiven.

Here we have 3 different years, but the same exact day of the year, where three major Bible events occured all reflected in the purpose for the Holy season of Passover. The Holy Day represented the events that eventually took place on that exact day.

Another example.

Pentecost, Feast of the firstfruits/weeks (Sivan 6th, this year, but it is on a different day of the year every year do to how it is counted):

1. Moses, mount Sinai, the recieving of the 10 commands of God (recieving of the law)
2. Apostles, the year Jesus was killed; recieved the Holy Spirit of God (a portion of God's spirit dwelling in them, it is Holy because it belongs to God, it is not a seperate being). They then recieved the only means of keeping God's spiritual law (the 10 commandments), by God dwelling in their minds changing them from selfish to selfless over their lifetimes.
3. THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST and the 144,000 member KINGDOM OF GOD (firstfruits) on Earth. The bringing of the government of God as a means to enforce God's pefect laws and bring about 1000 years of peace and joy, after 6000 years of Satan ruling over selfish mankind. (future event, 2012)

Honestly looking at May 27th, 2012 (Sivan 6th); aka Pentecost, and what that Holy Day represents would give you greater wisdom in understanding the timing of prophecy.

You are correct though it is soon to come and the timing has been in scripture the whole time waiting to be revealed in this generation, through God's final prophets.

In a few weeks this posting will ring in your ears and you will then learn much, but I fear until then; these words will be blasted, hopefully I am wrong.

God Bless,

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
Well,

Iyyar 17th of this year is tomorrow May 9th, 2012. At least we can check this year off or on as a result of tomorrow's news for your hypothesis.

Okay but note that I'm not proposing any sequence of the 4 events; it's possible they run in "biblical order" (i.e. flood then exodus then confusion then purim) but also possible they overlap, running concurrently, or perhaps come in reverse order; the naked info doesn't really give my hypothesis any ability to determine that exact sequence; the only thing the hypothesis is explaining is the day/month timeline present in the 4 anomalous events.

So if nothing happens today; then we can rule out a flood this year; but not an exodus, the launch of the attack of the king of confusion, or purim.

Here we have 3 different years, but the same exact day of the year, where three major Bible events occured all reflected in the purpose for the Holy season of Passover. The Holy Day represented the events that eventually took place on that exact day.

Exactly; they're all happening on the same days; or, at the very least, whoever is writing this information is wanting us to come to that conclusion. It was this that lead me to my hypothesis. Frankly, as I look at the info it's rather astonishing to me that no one has ever considered this before - myself included. No one has ever question- "What business does this timetable have in the Genesis flood account?" "What possible reason could God have for telling us the very days and months of these things? The tops of the mountains were seen on this specific day and month?"

The fact that I, myself, never thought to ask such a fundamental question is kind of shocking in and of itself.

Pentecost, Feast of the firstfruits/weeks (Sivan 6th, this year, but it is on a different day of the year every year do to how it is counted):

What I see in the information of the feasts days is this: as the spring appointments are to the first coming, the fall festivals are to the second coming. Whoever wrote the NT is clearly wanting people to believe that the first coming culminated in the fulfilment of the spring appointments Passover(Nisan 14) crucifixion; Firstfruits (sunday after Passover) resurrection; Pentecost (49 days after Firstfruits) baptism of fire. So check check and check; spring festivals done.

There's no kind of record of the fall festivals occuring, so the hypothesis seems easy enough here: sometime in the near future:

Le 23:24 In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

basically the Rosh Hashannah of which all Rosh Hashannahs are just a shadow: then 9 days later:

Le 25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
Le 25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.

The Yom Kippur of all Yom Kippurs on which the second coming will occur; then 5 days later:

Le 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.
41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

This being "the last day" then the fall festivals will have been completed:

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come;

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
hey just wanted to give a quick reminder: my hypothesis is in a state of mere prediction so we're going to have to wait until our next "bible judgment timeline start-dates" and we'll next be hitting the start-date of the coming of the king of confusion with all of his host. so, according to my yet untested hypothesis (which is one simple explaination of the presence of these four peculiar day/month timelines found in these four judgment events.) we may see that occur

remember also that I am asking for complete SKEPTICISM of my scientific hypothesis here. in fact, the more skeptical you are, the better it is. feel free to circulate this information among as many skeptics as possible- for the greater the number of people watching the greater will be the DISPROVING of my hypothesis.

so come one come all and help watch and DISPROVE the bible-based scientific hypothesis!

bring all of your skepticism and scorn to bear upon my feeble hypothesis- FREE PIZZA FOR ALL WHEN IT IS DISPROVEN!

for any needing the info: the next cycle to watch will be these dates: we can impose a one-cycle deadline for my hypothesis. so exactly one year from now, everyone who helps WATCH and disprove this hypothesis gets FREE PIZZA

here are the dates which can be corroborated :

www.hebcal.com...

Here they are:

Coming of the King of Confusion with all his host (begins on 10th day of 10th month): DEC 23, 2012

Purm (begins on 13th day of 12th month): FEB 23, 2013

Exodus (begins on 14th day of 1st month) MAR 25, 2013

Flood (begins on 17th day of 2nd month): APR 27, 2013

Now let's all WATCH and see what becomes of my hypothesis!

BTW: if my hypothesis indeed proves valid- you will be able to tell everyone you know, "Hey, I met the guy that dropped the match that ended up BURNING IT ALL TO THE GROUND!"
edit on 19-5-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Greetings once again. I have bumped this thread to refresh everyone's memory of the proposed hypothesis. We are almost to the next WATCH date of DEC 23 2012 (Tevet 10) in which we will simply WATCH to see if the hypothesis is validated. We will be watching for the coming of the KING OF CONFUSION and ALL HIS HOST. Once again, bear special attention that I am NOT stating that the hypothesis WILL prove validated; however, I would be remiss in not stating that there are RED ALERTS flashing all over this.

Since 2001 I have been WATCHing Tevet 10 every year like a hawk in anticipation of the arrival of this "celestial army" coming to try to trap men into believing a GREAT DECEPTION. This year 2012 will be the FIRST AND LAST time in which the world is WATCHing with me (albeit for completely different reasons- I am watching because of biblical timing information- they are watching because of Mayan timing information).

Please also bear in mind that although DEC 21 gets by far the most press, DEC 23 (Tevet 10) is also an academically derived end date (see en.wikipedia.org...)

Will Ye Olde King of Babel arrive this year? We shall shortly see!

Also for any interested, I have constructed a metaphoric "ascension machine" which is a fusion of Stargate: Atlantis, Inception and bible prophecy- so you can watch the apocalypse before watching the apocalypse!

www.youtube.com/user/metatr2n

I have also hidden a totem which I will willingly reveal to you here:

www.youtube.com/user/metatr3n

To any Christians reading this, please take note: the King of Confusion is coming to judge the Christians: most Christians will fall away to the coming deception and lose their proverbial crown: don't trust anything professing Christians are telling you about the end of the age- they are all being deceived by false teachers: WATCH Tevet 10 for the coming of the King of Confusion and he won't be able to deceive you! Stand fast and be of good courage! Bring down Babylon and burn her to the ground!

Good luck and remember WATCH!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying and agree with it. The bible is loaded with information for times beyond the dates of the original events. And there is solid evidence that we are in the last days. There is one, and only one, event that is the kick starter for the end times events. That is the re creation of the Jewish state in 1948. The Jewish state is the only state of a people to be dispersed over the face of the earth and brought back together as a cultural whole.

Until that happened none of the other prophecies of the end of days had any meaning in the real world. The statement is also made by Jesus that the generation that sees the re creation of the Jewish state shall not pass away before all of the end times prophecies come to pass. If you read carefully what that says about a generation it does not say that all will come to pass in the time span of a single generation which is commonly accepted to be 70 years. It says that the generation that sees the re birth of the Jewish state will not pass away. The difference is that instead of giving an actual number of years, ie 70, for all to come to pass it instead gives a time limit of the lifespan of anyone who was alive to see the re birth of Israel.

Considering modern geriatric medicine it is possible for someone who was born on or before the date of the re birth to live to 110 years or more. But lets just give it 100 years and see where that takes us. Israel was reborn in 1948 so 100 years later would be 2048. So if the last person living at the time of the re birth dies at 100 years of age that gives us not a date, but a time limit, during which all can and must come to pass. Given 120 years for the last person alive at the re birth then we are looking at a time limit of 2068. And again considering the advances we have already made, and are expecting to be made, in geriatric medicine 120 years is not out of the realm of possibility.

Now if we accept the 120 year age that means that the tribulation cannot start any later than 2061 for the entire 7 years of the tribulation to have time to play out. We are told in the bible that only God knows the exact date, but we are also told that if we are watchful we can discern the season. That means that while we are not to know the exact date we can know when it is imminent.

Now if we add in your theory we just have one more way to discern the season, and to do so more accurately. I think you are on to something because I have seen many things in the bible that make your theory not only possible, but probable. God is into giving numerical clues big time in the bible.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I understand what you are saying and agree with it. The bible is loaded with information for times beyond the dates of the original events. And there is solid evidence that we are in the last days. There is one, and only one, event that is the kick starter for the end times events. That is the re creation of the Jewish state in 1948. The Jewish state is the only state of a people to be dispersed over the face of the earth and brought back together as a cultural whole.

Until that happened none of the other prophecies of the end of days had any meaning in the real world. The statement is also made by Jesus that the generation that sees the re creation of the Jewish state shall not pass away before all of the end times prophecies come to pass. If you read carefully what that says about a generation it does not say that all will come to pass in the time span of a single generation which is commonly accepted to be 70 years. It says that the generation that sees the re birth of the Jewish state will not pass away. The difference is that instead of giving an actual number of years, ie 70, for all to come to pass it instead gives a time limit of the lifespan of anyone who was alive to see the re birth of Israel.

Considering modern geriatric medicine it is possible for someone who was born on or before the date of the re birth to live to 110 years or more. But lets just give it 100 years and see where that takes us. Israel was reborn in 1948 so 100 years later would be 2048. So if the last person living at the time of the re birth dies at 100 years of age that gives us not a date, but a time limit, during which all can and must come to pass. Given 120 years for the last person alive at the re birth then we are looking at a time limit of 2068. And again considering the advances we have already made, and are expecting to be made, in geriatric medicine 120 years is not out of the realm of possibility.

[darmok]Sokath, his eyes uncovered![/darmok]

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

[darmok]Sokath, his eyes uncovered![/darmok]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join