It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife left me today.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You're Freeeeeee! Congrats!!

Been through a divorce myself and a really nasty one to boot. Thought marriage was supposed to be forever, loved him more than anything at the time, thought my world was over when he left, blah blah blah. Two years later and I'm sooooooo happy he's out of my life. So happy. He sucked, I was just too blind to see it.

Rejoice!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So sorry...

hope all goes well for you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
So Iam 38 now single and looking forward (I think) to the future without the red headed banshee

So If I post in the future that I have met another red head please someone find me and punch me in the face lol.

Sorry to hear. I'm married to a great red head. They're not all bad.....though they can be kinda....volatile.....at times.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dont sweat it man. I also got dumped in december by a girl who needed to "find herself" after 9 years together. I was pretty upset at first but new everything would be okay. It was a little lonely at times but with the support of my friends and family i pulled through. I was mostly depressed because i was just imagining how horrible it was going to be to start dating again and not finding anyone compatible and i am not a match.com sort of guy. Its pretty rough out there.

Then about 6 weeks ago i went out with my brother, his wife and some of their friends just to get out of the house. I ended up meeting the most amazing girl who i am completely compatible with. Instant chemistry. Ive never been so happy in my entire life and its true what they say about finding love when your not looking. It will happen to you too and you will wonder how you put up with your ex-wifes bs for so long.

Best of luck to you. As long as your a good person, good things will come to you in time.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Coming from someone that's been married 4 times now, I know how breakups can be.

These wonderfully inspiring songs by the master love-song-crafter, Weird Al Yankovic, should help put things into perspective for you...

If the freedom is what you were wanting, enjoy it! If it's not, then grieve for it. But either way, it's your life to live, and there's no sense in EVER living it miserable.

So, glad to see your misery is coming to a close. Now, don't do it again!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
woo!
congrats, i too have freed myself today, im omw to the bus station, im going to NEW YORK CITY!

lets get drunk together

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Had the same thing happen at 9 years of marriage.
You may already know this, but you have your best days ahead.
You'll meet someone, when you want to, and now you'll be that much smarter.
Not only in picking the right one, but also by approaching
the new relationship in a different, more informed way.
Enjoy your drink(s)
I'm sorry and congratulations.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about the wife leaving. I know it always sucks at least a little, no matter what the circumstances were. As for the redhead thing, it is absolutely true! My ex was a redhead, and I know several people who have a redhead ex. When I see a redhead now, I RUN! Stay strong, have some fun, and watch out for the redheads!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Man,sorry to hear about that.I have been there myself.

But,your life is still ahead of you with alot of options to do whatever.

Good luck and best wishes!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
try to become as depressed as possible so you learn to suffer. what a great opportunity you have been given!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You got a double edged blessing. First off, congrats!
Beings a single man after years of marriage is going to be an adventure!

But also, I understand the shock. I was married for 12 years, and even though I secretly hoped it would end, when it did, I was very mixed emotion wise.
Divorce is like death, literally.

You go through almost the same grieving process once it hits you. Be prepared.
The only thing that helped me was finding another woman!

And I wanted my marriage to end.

Good luck to you!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Strange how that works out,isn't it.
You go through all this drama and grief,only to be suckered in again.

During my time as a bachelor- in - between -wives was fun.
But,if I had stayed that way instead of getting remarried,I would probably be dead now,or incredibly happy!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL!!!

Exactly!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You seem to be alright! Invite some male friend and backpack to Ukraine, Russia, have some fun!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wishing you many good things to come your way. Having been there and done that I guess I can't say much more than "Welcome to the club!" as everyone's situation is different. If you have any kids, make them your priority.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ugh. Another one bites the dust. Doont ...doont ...doont. Fun times. Hope you like this. Mine left me on April fools day. I came home from work with all the stuff gone and a book by Dr. Phil on the table "Relationship Rescue". %*$$*$#!!

Anyway, marriage is about providing a service. Your wife should provide you a service like a business and you should do the same. It means making her bigger than you and she should do the same. Nowadays our egos are too large to handle. Add to that that women will divorce at the drop of a hat these days.

Having your guy friends will be your fulfillment and happiness anyway, so don't be afraid of that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Congrats,

May every star your post gets be transformed into a notch on your bedpost by the filth fairies.

Start living again

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Congratulations! When you get married you truly learn the value of freedom because you lose it. You are now free. Enjoy it and dont shackle yourself with the first chains that come your way.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Congratulations! When you get married you truly learn the value of freedom because you lose it. You are now free. Enjoy it and dont shackle yourself with the first chains that come your way.

thats so true.

welcome to your freedom

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I wish you the best!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join