It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife left me today.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Katharos62191

My first wife (another red head lol ) left me to be a model in Paris so screw the model type I like my girls kooky

Cheers anyhow

My girlfriend left me for her husband and I haven't been the same since. I suggest waiting for a bit before ever thinking about a girl seriously again, and then it makes the rebound stage less awkward.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Went through it 12 years ago (wow time flies when your having fun lol) I was 30 at the time. After all was said and done, I bought a ski boat and took up wakeboarding, a year later took up snowboarding, then went to school and got a degree, it was like being in my 20's again. I never could have done those things while I was with my ex, she would have seen it all as a waste of money, better to make car payments, remodel the house, buy all kinds of junk that we really didn't need. In the end I didn't get to keep the new car I made so many payments on, not the new furniture, or electronics I paid so dearly for. My point being is that now is the time to go out and find things that YOU enjoy, indulge yourself a little.

Best of luck to ya buddy, and like others have said "Watch what you sign"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sorry to hear about all of this BM. Sometimes It definitely is for the best of course but at the end of the day It's still something we'd all like to completely avoid. You're sounding quite upbeat as well by the way but just remember, you shouldn't ever feel bad about getting down over it, you're human and there's nothing wrong with it. It happens. Anyway, I do hope you're going to be ok here.

And yes, I think a future road trip should definitely be on the cards lol.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Boymonkey...
that funky monkey...
boymonkkey junky...
that funky monkey...

even one of them died on friday. rip MCA.

Ahh well, i'm lucky. Mrs Palmer will never leave me.. And I can always cheat on her with mrs Lefty. But the day she cheats on me... POW... right in the.. uhh.. index finger!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You poor thing,why don't I bake you a batch of cookies
and you have them with milk and leave the 20 year old
scotch for later.
Depression,booze and posting don't mix!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Hhmmm cookies

Nah I don't think I feel depressed, a little sad maybe but at the same time a little relieved, Iam more unhappy that I will have to move out because I will not be able to afford the rent on my current house and Iam working for minimum wage cos I wanted to help folk instead of making money (She was the one with a great job, I do what I do for the love of caring).
So do I follow my dream and be skint? or go back to the job I hated to make more cash?

Oops running outa booze
better go back to the shops

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Lol I liked that cheers

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
At least you know it was all for the best. Try to remember the good times and don't depress yourself with the "what ifs". Been through all that crap. It Does get better.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's a good thing she has a lot of money, I would bet anything if she was broke she'd try taking you for half as most women do in their divorces.... It's a good thing you have decided not to stoop down to that level because people can be rotten like that sometimes...... I would take her for half if she broke my heart, I'm not one of those good guys lol...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

When I met her I had no cash and I always said she can keep what is hers, I think she was worried I would fight for some money but once she said I could keep our cat I thought hey thats the best thing I can get

So I keep the cat

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You have been emancipated from the shackles of the ball and chain. You are now free to spread you oats where you please (safely )

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Dude
Change is a part of life and twenty year old scotch will certainly grease the wheels. Glad to hear your keeping the cat, when you get airborne let me know if you need a wingman. Please dont make any decisions when the scotch is in charge.

CX

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi BM,

Just wanted to say i'm glad you sound pretty level headed about it all. Your thread sounds exactly like what i went through, but we split on good terms and have tried hard to keep it that way. Hasn't always been easy, but 8 years on my ex is settled with someone else and so am i, both sides very happy.

At least you know what you do and do not want in a relationship now.

Good luck for the future.

CX.
edit on 8/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now's the time to make a million off a cutesy country song...
"She took my pussy, but I kept the cat..."
"She took the furniture but I kept the cheer..."
"She took my ride but I kept all the cars..."

I can do this all day!

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by jheated5

When I met her I had no cash and I always said she can keep what is hers, I think she was worried I would fight for some money but once she said I could keep our cat I thought hey thats the best thing I can get

So I keep the cat

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The hardest thing for a man in a break up is "change". We abhor change. Change can be good though. The wife and I split a year and a half ago after 22 years. The last couple were merely us maintaining a house for the kids. Since we split things have been great between us. We should have done it sooner. 2 things. 1- Don't go looking to replace her. Enjoy your singleness. I sure am. 2- Don't stay on the booze. It only makes things worse. Trust me on that one.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You do realize you likely have a good case for alimony, right?

If she was loaded, in the 9 years of marriage, you got used to a certain lifestyle. Upon a divorce, you're not forced to suddenly give that up you know...

Are there kids involved? Sounds like not...Smart man there.

Been married to a redhead myself for over 8 years now...no complaints.

Sorry it didn't work out for you man.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good luck hun and yes go for the alimony!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe South Park was right....maybe gingers don't have souls.

Link to episode

PS. Sorry redheads, I couldn't resist.

edit on 8-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: cause I can thats why

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You lucky barsteward! Now don't get me wrong, I love my partner and she's good to me (perhaps too good at times). But you are heading out to experience all that new romance feeling again! Hell you can even play around a bit with a clear conscience!

Good luck, you seem to be dealing with it very well and keeping upbeat! That's the spirit, only wish I could share a tipple with ya! Regardless I raise my glass any way!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Hard days ahead my friend... but chin up!

I was in your shoes just over two years ago, but i was the one that left... You just know when its for the best...

And don't worry about being single... theres tons of women out there...

Forgive and forget brother... You can PM me if you need to talk

S&F

edit on 8-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join