It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife left me today.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well that's it after a heart to heart she packed up and left me, I feel a little down but I guess its for the best.
Been married 9 years and we had some great times but we also had to many hard ones too, She has been abusive in the past (a couple decent scars to remember her by) but I know I drove her up the wall on occasion.
She has decided to move down south and she is going to get a quick divorce, I agreed to sign whatever she wants and because she is already loaded she will not ask for anything but my signature.
So Iam 38 now single and looking forward (I think) to the future without the red headed banshee

So If I post in the future that I have met another red head please someone find me and punch me in the face lol.
Got a date with a 20 year old (bottle of scotch) so forgive me if I post later a little drunk.
Chin Chin all

+4 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Congratulations.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wow. Take the time you need. Grieve some. Take good care of yourself, mind, and body. Don't make any rash, life-changing decisions for a while. Be careful what you sign.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your Divorce. I hope for the best for you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that but like you said hopefully it is for the best. Enjoy your new found freedom but expect some #ty times too. ATS is full of good people to remind you that few things in this world really matter.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good luck to you. I've been there. The break up is the hardest part, getting over the habitual patterns of domestic life. But freedom and personal rebith are on the horizon.

Take 3 days and 3 nights, (what it takes for resurrection)
and call me in the morning!

Warning, harsh language

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Its time to get down that GYM and go on the prowl again.

Just in time for mating season (Summer)

edit on 8-5-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh boymonkey, sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in the dating field.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I see a major road trip in your future lol.

Well as long as you were both pretty much done with each other just be civil and caring as one would for the human aspect and see how it goes. My ex and I are better friends now than we ever could have been. Each instance is different.

One word of warning......dont let her catch you dancing on the table or spiking the ball lol....

edit on 8-5-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Best of luck OP.

At least it's a good thing she won't sue you for everything you have.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

sorry to hear that...

from personal experience, it will get better...

ps this always helped my mood..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Be sure to read the papers carefully before you sign anything. Better yet, hire a trustworthy lawyer (oxymoron?) to read it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Cheers all for your kind words and advice but I will be OK its been on the cards for a long time now and in a way Iam pretty happy the way its turned out.
Road trip? hell yes

Dating....oh god not again lol

Found a great track to describe how I feel (from one of my fave bands) here it is Teenage fanclub free again

Free again to sing my song again
Whoop Whoop

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

boymonkey,
I wish you the best of luck! If she does not see in you what is worth staying for, another will! I can promise you that! Also, their are many other fish in the sea! Even red heads if thats your thing!
Cheer up, and remember, you still have all of us cool ATSers.

P.S. You will find the one. Or they will find you. It's only when you really stop looking that it'll hit you in the face. Who know, maybe you're meant for a super model.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

My first wife (another red head lol ) left me to be a model in Paris so screw the model type I like my girls kooky

Cheers anyhow

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
At least you know that bottle of scotch will treat you right!!

Good luck.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yeah.......red-heads can be a handful. I feel ya there.

Another poster said something about the habits of the domestic life. That's one of the harder things to re-adjust to. Take your time before you rush into anything else though. You don't wanna give another woman your baggage.

Nurse the scotch and the scotch will nurse you.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would say "I'm sorry" but it doesn't appear that you are.

Sometimes relationships are better off not existing at all, no matter how much time you put into them. If your soon-to-be ex was physically abusive and crazy, she's not worth keeping.

I gather there are no children from your marriage, so it should be an easy divorce. Not all redheads are crazy, though.....Wait, let me think that through.....I take it back. Every redhead I've ever known has been a hot-headed loon, including my ex-husband.

Time to do the "Thank God She's Gone" dance!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Oxymoron?

Yes, yes it is.

Good luck to you OP. It won't seem so bad once you get a lil strange..

Wait, can I say that?

Good call on the scotch.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join