It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens & The Riddle of the Missouri Mystery Mound

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunTruth

what is the purpose of your hate? Do you not see that you are being brainwashed by the alien overlords trying to thin the masses on this planet? Give peace a chance, hug your Neighbor no better yet bugger your next door Neighbor, be it that they are white black brown blue ... well maybe not blue maybe you should try CPR. Or better yet get your race hating ignorant crap out of here. just a thought good day...

p.s. Thank you to the mods for getting rid of that garbage.
edit on 9-5-2012 by crimsongod21 because: add a thank you

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It would be interesting to know what is behind the door in your photo... This picture reminds me of the Long barrows in Ireland. The mound may be like a dolmen.

Outside of the east side of St. Louis is a pyramid made out of dirt. Thirty five years ago when I was little, my Aunt took my family there. It is fairly large. I believe the base is the same size as the Great Pyramid of Egypt's base and the Sun Pyramid's base in Mexico. It may have been Egyptian or Myan influenced. Ruin stones were found out there in the midwest. In Illinios I believe. Someone could have sailed down the Great Lakes going down the Mississippi River. I doubt the arc of the covenant was in there. I thought that artifact was highly radioactive. Take a dosimeter with you and see if trace radiation is in there. Keep us updated this is fascinating. Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

So what is there to lose? A little bit of time hiking in nature with some good company? I say it is win win... Sometimes the suspense of the search is more fun than the actual results. If I lived nearby and knew there was a cave, I would hike there even if there was no story behind it.

But just a reminder to all those that may go. It took Charles Teague 3 days to find it.

reply to post by frugal

There is a picture of what is behind that door. If you look at my first post, you will find a link to the pictures

edit on 9-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It is only within the last few years that most people have stopped thinking of the West as a new land. I suppose the idea gained ground because our own especial civilisation happens to be new there; but nowadays explorers are digging beneath the surface and bringing up whole chapters of life that rose and fell among these plains and mountains before recorded history began. We think nothing of a Pueblo village 2500 years old, and it hardly jolts us when archaeologists put the sub-pedregal culture of Mexico back to 17,000 or 18,000 B. C. We hear rumours of still older things, too—of primitive man contemporaneous with extinct animals and known today only through a few fragmentary bones and artifacts—so that the idea of newness is fading out pretty rapidly. Europeans usually catch the sense of immemorial ancientness and deep deposits from successive life-streams better than we do.
reply to post by isyeye

But it was not from the tales of these sane, observant seekers that the chief terror of the ghost-mound sprang; indeed, had their experience been typical, the phenomenon would have bulked far less prominently in the local legendry. The most evil thing was the fact that many other seekers had come back strangely impaired in mind and body, or had not come back at all. The first of these cases had occurred in 1891, when a young man named Heaton had gone with a shovel to see what hidden secrets he could unearth. He had heard curious tales from the Indians, and had laughed at the barren report of another youth who had been out to the mound and had found nothing. Heaton had watched the mound with a spy glass from the village while the other youth made his trip; and as the explorer neared the spot, he saw the sentinel Indian walk deliberately down into the tumulus as if a trap-door and staircase existed on the top. The other youth had not noticed how the Indian disappeared, but had merely found him gone upon arriving at the mound.

Perhaps H.P. Lovecraft knew more than he let on. Again, a man who had extremely fascinating concepts, yet met an early fate

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

They cannot find evidence of modern man being any earlier than thirty thousand years ago. They are looking in Africa and Europe. Modern man came from South America and Parts of North America originally. The Neanderthals and others were more north. We traveled to Africa and China from the Americas. Until they understand that the fundamentals of their studies can be flawed they will never find the truth. I guess everyone wants their countries to be of the first and oldest race of modern man. Africa puts the Mediterranean countries as the oldest, they are the controllers of old knowledge. They won't allow any other theories to supersede theirs. You want really old, study South America.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Didn't think missing the H on Arc would cause a stir but I think if you look it can be either way ARC-ARCH of St. Louis stop being so petty.....why is it when people make a spelling error around here a member has to correct them and make them feel stupid could always just U2U them you know........really makes the corrector look small if you know what I mean.

As I see it sometimes you need to look outside the box.

Ancient Aliens is actually a very good show Giorgio is right on in his thinking and interpretations.

I suggest you open your field of vision over the lands in that area and see if any connections can be made even if it stretches to other interesting points of interest on this Planet.

Ive lived in St. Louis since 1981, and I have never heard it refered to as the ARC. Geometric wording aside, its the the St. Louis Arch. I wasnt trying to be petty, you mention the arc (as in the arc of the covenent) as in st. louis, (which is a bit of a big leap to make) and seemed to think the two (the arc and the arch) were somehow connected.
edit on 9-5-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I had a theory once and I am probably not the first to have it but, what if some of these national parks were created to keep people from excavating the surrounding land, maybe there are more ancient sites in America that TPTB want us to know about? If anything, not to disturb the current written history, control the past and you can control the present. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That's a possibility...I've thought the same thing myself before. National Parks are generally in areas that we find as beautiful, but wouldn't those same sites be selected by ancient civilizations if they had discovered them? Who knows what would be found if we looked hard enough. Not all National Parks or even State Parks would hold possibilities of ancient history, but there could very well be some out there. Alot of the land that is under government control is sacred to native people...that might tell us something.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Check out the Spiro Mounds in Oklahoma:
en.wikipedia.org...

And the Heavener Rune Stone:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I find both the story and photos interesting. The actual location of the mound would be great to know... Earlier discussion indicated that it would be in Saline County, however if the original post's satellite photo included is any indication as to it's location,

Then Greenville, MO could be an area of interest as it is the location of the satellite image.

Beyond that,
Take care.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.
Stuff like this makes me wish I had a budget for way more travel!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

If you have never been on this quest then how would you know? Besides silly, I am from Missouri...
edit on 9-5-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

That looks about right. Did you compare them to the aerial photo of the mound? I think it is a match. And I think I can also see the mound on both satellite pics also. Maybe...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I had never heard of Mr. Teague but have heard of Burrows Cave and other places in southern Illinois were Egyptian artifacts have been found. An old tale is that Vikings once hid the Ark of the Covenant near Garden of the Gods in the Shawnee Forest.

Link to Burrows Cave story: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This artifact and others were found in southern Illinois, just across the river from Missouri. Southern Illinois is referred to as Little Egypt. Many interesting stories as to,why.

Shawnee Forest

Thanks great op.

edit on 9-5-2012 by kimsie because: added a link

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Yes I have heard this story as well as.
Also Joseph Smith,the founder of the Mormon Religion, claimed the Garden of Eden was actually in Missouri. This is a huge part of the history of the Mormon religion in America.

edit on 9-5-2012 by kimsie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jestikal
reply to post by edaced4

I live between Springfield and Rolla, and would really like to check this place out too! Shall we organize an amateur expedition? The more people that could attend, the better for an increase in safety, credibility, and likelihood we actually find the place.

I lived 5 years in Camdenton & Osage Beach, 4 years in Dixon, never heard of this. If y'all get a group together I know I'm not the only one who would like step by step details!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

if a group gets together and im available to go i will give play by play of the trek through the back woods. just for all you people back here wanting to know.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

LOL what?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by claireaudient

if a group gets together and im available to go i will give play by play of the trek through the back woods. just for all you people back here wanting to know.

Video, there must be video with informative commentary but should a group get together for a trek I do advise caution. Due to the hilly, heavily wooded terrain meth labs, & the crazed tweakers, ARE a serious problem.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

So has anyone checked to see if there is a pyramid inside of that pile of dirt? It could have been covered up by some event. Hiding in plain sight?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join