It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, I want to pick your brains!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You say to him.

"I have a series of questions I would like to ask you. The first is a simply a light question and it is multiple choice with two to choose from."

He is smart and he is ready for you. So ask him.

"For this light question, if you had to choose a color and the two choices you are given to choose from are black and white, what color do you choose?"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Richay699

Yes you are right, there are other correlations too such as the uniforms and the school bell, the structure of the day mirrors that of a factory! Here is an amazing speech by sir ken robinson that talks about this very subject amongst others. It was one of the pieces of the puzzle that swayed me to home educate. And to hopefully break the cycle...

Thank you for your comment.

Would you have anything you would like to put to the education department?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Ha Ha I may well try that one! Hmmmm "Err white? No thats racist! Err black?" It would certainly be funny to watch! I'll be there with my clip board, aha, I see, I see... I'll just be drawing a picture of a giant penis! lol

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
1) What is an Education?

2) What is reasonable? (They use this term a lot!)

3) Who decides what is reasonable education?

4) At what age do we begin to learn?

5) At what age do we complete our learning?

6) Did you learn more at school or in the "real world"?

7) Do you learn more off your peers or elders?

8) Do you learn more from experience or instruction?

9) What qualifies you to evaluate my child's learning?

This is it so far, I would love you guys to add or modify anything here and I will pick the best ones to put forward to the "adviser" ATS Have fun and go all out!

Why do you need questions? Sounds like he's coming to ask YOU questions, to see if you're capable of teaching.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Not another one that hasn't read the thread properly surely? I've answered this is my previous replies. Not to mention it is pretty much answered in the OP. There is NO LAW that obliges me to even meet him! There is NO LAW that says he can check on me! There is NO LAW that gives him ANY authority over me!

He is coming to meet me because I ALLOWED him to! That sir is why I have questions for him.

Now look I know many, many people believe these guys have some sort of power over you. The truth is that within LAW they do not! They only have the power that you afford them!

He is a public servant! I am the master! The master asks the questions and the servant answers! That is the way it works. I know in this tipsy topsy world things are backwards! But that is down to us thinking the way you do. It is not your fault. You have been lied to. When you realize that you can begin your journey back to your rightful place as the master!

edit on 9-5-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Not another one that hasn't read the thread properly surely? I've answered this is my previous replies. Not to mention it is pretty much answered in the OP. There is NO LAW that obliges me to even meet him! There is NO LAW that says he can check on me! There is NO LAW that gives him ANY authority over me!

He is coming to meet me because I ALLOWED him to! That sir is why I have questions for him.

Now look I know many, many people believe these guys have some sort of power over you. The truth is that within LAW they do not! They only have the power that you afford them!

He is a public servant! I am the master! The master asks the questions and the servant answers! That is the way it works. I know in this tipsy topsy world things are backwards! But that is down to us thinking the way you do. It is not your fault. You have been lied to. When you realize that you can begin your journey back to your rightful place as the master!

Why would you be offended by him? he is only trying to see if your capable of good education so the kids don't end up in gangs or sell drugs on the street.

Cops are our servant too, but if your driving over the limit, you can ask whatever question you want, but you still getting a ticket.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"If you're driving over the limit" You are comparing a crime to a LAWFUL individual! There is NO LAW to say I can not do what I am doing! If they do not like that they can go to the government and try to change the LAW! This is the way the system works! This is what we are told to do!

In fact the LAW is actually on my side! The law states it is a parents duty to educate their children by school or OTHERWISE! This is it! I am also not obliged under law to follow any curriculum! I also have the right to bring up my children by whatever philosophy I like! That is in the human rights! I also have the right to PRIVACY!

Who is he to judge my teaching methods? Who is he to judge my philosophy? You miss the point entirely! These people get a buzz out of the "authority" they try to push on people! They don't tell people there is no LAW to make them comply! They make out like you have to do what you are told! He sent me a letter not ASKING to meet me! He arranged a date and said I could change it if I wanted to. But nowhere did it state that I didn't have to have the meeting at all if I didn't want to!

After telling me that there is no LAW he went on to try to intimidate me by implying they would go to court and get an ORDER! For what? There is no LAW! I've broken no LAW, unlike the drunk driver you try to compare me to!

Are there people that finish state school that go on to become criminals? If so shouldn't they be looking at prosecuting the parents for sending them there? Who gets prosecuted? NO-ONE!

My children have the the benefit of 2 parents to help them. They have the benefit of their siblings to help each other! My eldest is imparting knowledge to them and she is feeling great about that!

This chump has no idea, and is coming from a very statist mentality! He will think (like some others here) that school is the ONLY way to get an education! Well I want to teach my children how they can educate THEMSELVES! How they can think critically and how they can challenge everything! This guy is not going to understand me at all to be honest. I will not tell him about me either! I will ask him questions and show him a few things like the sir ken robinson video that will perhaps open his eyes a little. There is much information on the subject of education that I have amassed. I found it myself and was not shown any of it through the state system! The state system WITHHOLDS information! It only promotes information that is beneficial to the state!

If I came to your house and starting nit-picking at your life and holding YOU under the microscope wouldn't you be offended by that? Most likely you would tell me where I can shove it! I am being super nice entertaining him at all and taking time out of my day for him! Also I will be charging no fee! People on here have really surprised me to be honest. I thought the motto was to deny ignorance?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Here check out this site. It is just one example of how you can educate yourself. Please do not think that I mean this is the only site! This is merely ONE excellent site that will teach you all you need to know about a particular subject. There are many many more like it! www.w3schools.com...

Would you rather get educated by a "curriculum" by a handful of people. Or would you rather learn to find the information yourself from sources all over the WORLD! Te INTERNET has made schools redundant! Everything you could ever want to know is on here somewhere. All my role is, is to facilitate an environment that promotes education! When my children are interested in a particular avenue I will guide them in the right direction. I will teach them the basics of how to read and write and how to add and subtract. All I'm doing is giving them the necessary tools so they can find out their own information and do with it what they will!

If schools were like this one perhaps I would consider it. Please watch and take note...

Can you imagine it? The PUPILS hiring and firing? The pupils being of mixed age and ability. Who do you learn the most from? Peers or elders? Why segregate the pupils into age group? How does that benefit the pupils? It may be more "efficient" for the teachers. But it is not about the teachers! It is about the pupils, right?

I'm sorry but state school is nothing but an indoctrination center. To have someone who thinks it is the only way to get an education to come and question me is laughable and despicable!

My children learned to talk on their own! They learned to walk on their own! Why can they not learn the rest on their own? They need to be sat in a classroom for most of the week to learn? I'm sorry but this is far far from true! Well perhaps they can learn something! Like how to be obedient, how to be good little slaves! When I was at school we were went home if we wore white socks! What utter control freak weirdos! Wanting to force you to wear particular socks for god sake!

I'm proud to say my children do not go there! I am proud to say I give a damn about my kids so much that I am willing to spend my time and energy helping them in whatever way I can! It's not always easy, it's not always fun but it's a world away from what they will have to put up with in school!

The reasons to home educate are far too numerous to mention. But watch the ken robinson video, then follow the links after that. You will see a whole new world open up! Good luck.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I have 23 grandchildren and 11 are homeschooled.I prefer
homeschooling because of the garbage being taught to kids'...
evolution,darwin,to name a few.
You also don't have to worry about school shootings,bullies,
and improper dress codes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

We found out from the head master himself that from nursery she had been learning sex education! Can't kids be damn kids anymore? Why do their head need to be filled with sex at such a young age? I think many parents do not know what is being taught to their children.

Evolution and darwinism is fine being taught as long as it is put across as one THEORY. The same as I do not believe children should have their heads filled with religion as though it were fact. Personally I do not believe in religion but I will not deny it to my children. I will tell them, some believe this and some believe that. It is down to them to research and find out what they believe. You can not deny them information if they are interested in it.

That is my thoughts on it anyway.

Glad you had a good experience with home education.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

My grandchildren who are homeschooled is because of
religious concerns.I had a public school education,I also
graduated from high school nearly 40 years ago.Education
has changed a lot since 1973.
Kids' of today are basically trying to survive school instead
of getting an education...in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

So far your failure to comprehend what's being said to you doesn't instill much faith is us that you are able to teach. It doesn't matter if you ALLOW him to meet with you. The bottom line is he's going to ask you questions. Why would he ask to meet with you for you to ask him questions????

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"If you're driving over the limit" You are comparing a crime to a LAWFUL individual! There is NO LAW to say I can not do what I am doing!

Holy crap. Please, do NOT teach. You cannot teach what you cannot grasp. You totally TOTALLY missed the point.

One more try. Take this test.

1. A pizza delivery man rings your doorbell. He is there to:
A. Give you a pizza?
B. For you to give HIM a pizza?

2. On payday:
A. The company gives you a check?
B. You give the company a check?

3. The MAIN reason somebody asks for a meeting with you is:
A. To ask you questions?
B. For you to ask him questions?

Note: Get ANY of these wrong and you are NOT fit to teach anyone, anywhere, at any time.
edit on 5/9/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So far your failure to comprehend what's being said to you doesn't instill much faith is us that you are able to teach. It doesn't matter if you ALLOW him to meet with you. The bottom line is he's going to ask you questions. Why would he ask to meet with you for you to ask him questions????

This is such a silly argument and it shows you do not actually have anything to say as you have to stoop to useless ad-homonym attacks! It doesn't matter WHY he wanted to meet with me. I'm well aware of what he wants and why he wanted it! But the fact remains that he is just some guy with ZERO authority over me! It would be like me coming to your house! If I started to question you about your children I'm sure you wouldn't be answering and I'm sure you would have some questions of your own!

This is the exact same situation!

I'm also not asking for your "faith in me" okay?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yawn! Again with the ad-homonym attack. The point he was making was irrelevant! For a start the police are given powers over you! They have the ability to question you when they have reasonable suspicion that you have broken the LAW!

For a start the guy I'm meeting is not a policeman! Also I have not broken any LAW! So the comparison is pointless!

The comparison that they are both servants doesn't mean anything when their roles are completely different as are their powers!

But to answer the question more fully for you if I had broken no LAW I would not be answering the policeman's questions either! They have to have reasonable suspicion! If they do not have that then you are not obliged to give your name or anything! I can give you some info on this if you like but I'm sure it would fall on deaf ears!

I really can't understand why people do not like others empowering themselves! Is it because you are too scared to? Is it jealousy? It's very strange indeed.

I love how my thread has been derailed by questions regarding my decision to home educate rather than about the request posed. If you had no questions to ask the education department why didn't you just move along? You have added nothing to this thread of any worth.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Nice edit there lol... Your posts are really pathetic to be honest. I feel bad for you that you feel so weak and helpless against "authorities". I do not care what he WANTS! Can you grasp this concept? I do not care that he wanted to meet me to ask me questions! Are we there yet? Sinking in?

I'm also very aware of what he wanted! Okay? I just DO NOT CARE! I've already made this very clear, or so I thought. But I guess you needed it spelling out, are you the product of the state school system? Hmmmm.

The point is he has no authority or jurisdiction over me to ask me questions! So I will be turning the tables on him! Okay?

If he doesn't like that he is more than welcome to leave! k?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'll add also that a driver of a vehicle has signed a CONTRACT, that is what the drivers license is! By getting the license you are agreeing to adhere to the terms of the road traffic act (here in the UK, it will be called something different in other countries obviously). That is what gives the policeman jurisdiction over you.

I have signed no such agreement with the state regarding my children's education! There is case LAW regarding this issue and it has been deemed that the parents are not obliged to talk to these people whatsoever! The guy even admitted that! I'm meeting him on my terms!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

All i can say is that up to grade 10, everyone should go to school because it provides basic understanding of how our world works, i don't really care what they do after that, i would still suggest finishing high school though.

You do not learn how the world works stuck in a classroom! You learn that in the world! lol

Wow, again you fail in the reading comprehension department. This is just sad. Don't worry, I'm out.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

So you can't actually address anything I say to you, you merely pick some other dubious topic to go on about. You are now denying you learn about the world in the world? Wow, just wow!

Okay, bye now, you will surely be missed! Excuse me while I shed a tear...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join