It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shoot boss of Italian Nuclear firm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Gosh, the US just did another drone strike in Afghanistan that killed 20 civilians, including a mother and her five children, and the US has already admitted this one was a mistake and is going to apologize for it. Heck, why should governments have a monopoly on violence? Besides which, any nuclear power CEO is putting everybody on the planet at risk, so whacking them is surely a case of preemptive self-defense if there ever was one. Since governments aren't making corporations obey laws or punish them when they flagrantly break them, then it is up to the citizenry to protect itself and the rest of the world.

I'll go further and predict that as corporations and CEOs become less and less accountable for their actions, there will be more such vigilante justice. What I am really waiting for is when various NGOs of the militant variety get their hands on killer drone technology, so that heads of state and their upper-level minions won't be able to safely leave their bunkers any longer.

Do remember that the United States began as a bunch of insurgents rebelling against their government. One person's terrorists are another person's freedom fighters. Remember that Ronnie Reagan called the Afghan Mujahdadin -- parts of which later became the Taliban and Al Queda -- freedom fighters.

if you support murder/killing/execution (delete as you feel appropriate) for people who indirectly may kill people then I trust you support lynch mobs for ACTUAL murderers who have directly murdered people

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You're saying that you support violence against CEOs of nuclear agencies?

How does this make things better?

Two wrongs, they don't make a right nowadays do they?

I can only hope then that you do not support the US's "War on Terror". Talk about two wrongs not making a right.

I don't support it

new topics

<< 1   >>

join