It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shoot boss of Italian Nuclear firm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Gunmen shoot boss of Italian Nuclear firm

news.sky.com

Masked gunmen on a motorbike have shot the boss of a nuclear company in the leg as he left his home in northern Italy, police have said.

Roberto Adinolfi, chief executive of Ansaldo Nucleare - majority owned by Italian defence conglomerate Finmeccanica - was shot in the port city of Genoa.

Two men on a black Yamaha motorbike wearing helmets fired three shots, fracturing Mr Adinolfi's right knee.

Mr Adinolfi, 59, underwent surgery and was in good condition, Italian media reported.

Genoa chief prosecutor Michele Di Lecce told reporters he could not rule out that the shooting was an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If this is what i think it could be.... then i'm happy to see it.... If more attacks are taken out on these guys who run these nuclear plans it will maybe put a stop to these nuke plans!!

We've all seen and heard about Fukishima but it seems people are very ignorant of what can happen!!

We are going the wrong way with Nuclear fuel and weapons, this will destroy us if we dont stop it.

news.sky.com

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am also quite happy to see this course of action. Considering these nuclear CEOs are prepared to kill all life on earth. Why should they not be the first to go?

Lets consider the facts here. Nuclear power stations can easily kill all life on the planet so what kind of nutcase would be prepared to buikd such things? Hmm.

I think he got off lightly with a shot in the knee considering the facts.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If this is what i think it could be.... then i'm happy to see it.... If more attacks are taken out on these guys who run these nuclear plans it will maybe put a stop to these nuke plans!!

We've all seen and heard about Fukishima but it seems people are very ignorant of what can happen!!

We are going the wrong way with Nuclear fuel and weapons, this will destroy us if we dont stop it.

news.sky.com

I highly doubt this person was shot because of an ideological opposition to nuclear power. Regardless, it is very troubling that you condone violence against someone like this who is merely doing their job by running company involved in energy production.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Really guys?

Since when is such a action like this justifiable? Regardless of what a CEO does to further his companies bottom line?

Did it occur to anyone that his company is only the ones running it? They're not the ones calling for the plants to be built in the first place...thats usually a goverment job...so they're shooting the wrong people?

And what if this has more to do with personal motives rather than what he does for a living? Then what?

I think we should sit on this one and see where it goes.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Ok, maybe i jumped the gun (sarcasm intended)

I guess what i should have added was 'it was just injury and he wasnt killed'..... he may have a wife and family so i suppose it could have been worse but still.... if it is an attack because people are angry that no-one is taking note then its a good thing right??? That some are willing to go against these guys!!

I'm all against it chatting on here and moaning about it but what we really need is for these guys to sit up and take note!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Gosh, the US just did another drone strike in Afghanistan that killed 20 civilians, including a mother and her five children, and the US has already admitted this one was a mistake and is going to apologize for it. Heck, why should governments have a monopoly on violence? Besides which, any nuclear power CEO is putting everybody on the planet at risk, so whacking them is surely a case of preemptive self-defense if there ever was one. Since governments aren't making corporations obey laws or punish them when they flagrantly break them, then it is up to the citizenry to protect itself and the rest of the world.

I'll go further and predict that as corporations and CEOs become less and less accountable for their actions, there will be more such vigilante justice. What I am really waiting for is when various NGOs of the militant variety get their hands on killer drone technology, so that heads of state and their upper-level minions won't be able to safely leave their bunkers any longer.

Do remember that the United States began as a bunch of insurgents rebelling against their government. One person's terrorists are another person's freedom fighters. Remember that Ronnie Reagan called the Afghan Mujahdadin -- parts of which later became the Taliban and Al Queda -- freedom fighters.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

it isn't about energy production if he runs a regular nuke factory its about weapons material manufacture
note who the man ultimately works for..it aint a power company
which ultimately has you condoning the loss of life
lol
and on such a grand scale too

if it was about energy production we would all be using something a little safer

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
did they put 3 bullets in him or did they just fire three shots? if they got him 3 times it is clear they didn't intend to kill him. very interesting... is this real?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by boncho

it isn't about energy production if he runs a regular nuke factory its about weapons material manufacture
note who the man ultimately works for..it aint a power company
which ultimately has you condoning the loss of life
lol
and on such a grand scale too

if it was about energy production we would all be using something a little safer

You can debate where nuclear material ends up all day long. And it is definitely relevant to thoughts on the nuclear industry as a whole. But even if I was against nuclear energy and the materials made from it, I wouldn't be happy about someone from an engineering firm being shot in the leg.

Ansaldo Energia handles all aspects of plant engineering, helping customers define the features of new plants, complete power stations or individual components and identify the best technical and economic solutions. Each commission is designed and implemented as a unique project to satisfy all customer needs by developing plant engineering on a turnkey basis, including mechanical, civil, installation and start-up process engineering. This level of customisation is made possible, with guarantees of maximum reliability, by the development and fine tuning of high quality, flexible solutions.

Source
edit on 8-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe it was a robbery attempt, maybe he owed a bookie, maybe he's been sleepin in momma bears bed, maybe he went in on a investment and robbed a partner of millions, maybe he works for iran...

All Im saying is unless you know for sure what the reason was.....hell it could of been random...

Italy isn't what it used to be economically, and the mob still resides there..

All Im drivin at is there are varibles that we don't know yet.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

sure
the bit about the shot in the leg from a motorcycle
its the same tactics the Israelis use on Nuke scientists and engineers
betcha he was helping the Iranians

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The Ansaldo Energia SpA unit of Italy's Finmeccanica SpA has contracts to supply 44 gas turbines to Iran, which will provide more than 20% of Iran's total energy production, according to the power-engineering company's web site

www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com...

the website is called United against a nuclear Iran

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

news.sky.com

So I'm guessing that you won't complain when your power bill skyrockets because you're no longer using cheap nuclear power for your local grid?

Personally, in BC here most of our power comes from Hydro, but hey, if you like expensive power, knock yourself out.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I actually dont pay that much.... i get a £100 bonus every year i stay with the power company i'm with and another £100 bonus per year for paying online!!

This scheme was recently introduced and before that i was on a card meter so i knew exactly how much i was using and the company couldnt charge me any extra for energy i wast using....

Anyway i'd rather be safe than sorry!!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You're saying that you support violence against CEOs of nuclear agencies?

How does this make things better?

Two wrongs, they don't make a right nowadays do they?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

news.sky.com

So I'm guessing that you won't complain when your power bill skyrockets because you're no longer using cheap nuclear power for your local grid?

Personally, in BC here most of our power comes from Hydro, but hey, if you like expensive power, knock yourself out.

Where did you get the idea that nuclear power is cheap -- or clean?

Try taking a look at actual decommissioning costs for nuclear plants (search for it in wikipedia or such). The costs are several times that claimed by nuclear power proponents. Then throw in all the added environmental and health costs of mining it and disposing or reprocessing. And try talking to people who live near nuclear re-processing plants and do some research on the relatively small fraction (about 10%) of nuclear fuel that can be re-used. Then there is the astronomical cost when a major accident does happen -- and they do.

Also, why aren't nuclear plants being built all over the US and most other western democracies (besides France, which dumps their waste at sea and/or ships it off to Russia or Japan)? Besides environmental fears, it is a matter of COST. Nuclear power company CEOs in the US have said that atomic nuclear power is moribund because it isn't cost effective.

Nuclear power via fission of Uranium and/or Plutonium is not cheaper than solar and wind power IF you look at actual costs and don't rely on numbers supplied by the nuclear industry.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You're saying that you support violence against CEOs of nuclear agencies?

How does this make things better?

Two wrongs, they don't make a right nowadays do they?

I can only hope then that you do not support the US's "War on Terror". Talk about two wrongs not making a right.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the company this guy works for owns 45 percent of the Russian ( also Israel's enemy and Iran's friend ) made plane that just disappeared in Indonesia

just sayin.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

any one who thinks nuclear is cheap and clean
cheap..name ONE nuke plant turning a profit even if you don't include the cost of the waste
and clean...what like as in devoid of life?

fucushima is about to clean the northern hemispher of life
and the court just ordered the Japanese to nationalise TEPCO and that has cost BILLIONs maybe trillions on the back of the now DYING Japan and Japanese

freak'n'Bastards

edit on 10-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join